New Bin Laden Tape

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander
Re: New Bin Laden Tape

So what rudderman is saying is since we are at war with the terrorists and Iraq (one and the same if you ask me) it would make sense and be right for them to wage war on all countries we are either allied with or in truth non-muslem nations. So Rudderman what your saying is after 9/11 we should have bombed the whole freakin middle east. Well I guess your not saying that cuz you talk out of both sides of your mouth. Hey and no offence but we dont need your country. At best you are no more then an over glorified gas station for us. Win or lose we are in the right to do what we are doing in Iraq. Saddam was evil, done deal. If your country and all the rest of of the whining two faced countries in the UN would of had the errrrr *onads to really do whats right this deal would have been wrapped up, but hey whatever I guess once again we will clean up somebody elses mess.

Rudderman

Petty Officer 1st Class

So Rudderman what your saying is after 9/11 we should have bombed the whole freakin middle east.
Errr, no, I don't know how you managed to deduce that. But unfortunately it does look like you'd do that if you could get away with it!

Carphunter

Commander

As I said before, I will not assume that all Irish folks are as ungrateful as you Rudderman.<br /><br />You got some serious issues, good thing you don't live here. ;) <br /><br />Just continue to bury your head in the sand and hope the problems of the world pass you by, thats what a lot of countries do.<br /><br />I will end this useless conversation by saying, The United States of America is the best country on this planet, just ask me. :D <br /><br />I'm done talking to a wall.<br /><br />Have a fine day folks.<br /><br />.......oh, I almost forgot..... GO BUSH!!!!

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

I can't believe this!!! Rudderman, you said that terorists will attack the world because of the United States. What if the world would stand up and fight back with us? Stop being a bunch of cowards and hiding in the corner! These terrorists have made you act exactly the way you are, they have beaten you! Sitting around not doing anything for fear is exactly what they want.<br />What if they had attacked your country? Your home? Killed your wife, children, husband, brother? Would you still be whining and cowering in the corner? I the world would rise up TOGETHER against them, they would be powerless. <br />OK to some of you, there have been innocent people killed. This is war! These innocent people are living in countries and cities and villages that are hiding these terrorists. If they too would rise up and fight.....unless they are really not the innocent victims.<br />Forget about WWII? Why and how? Maybe saying that was before I was alive is a good way to justify my forgetting it? Hitler said he was only going to take control of certain countries and the world was begging the US to go fight.<br />Sadam stated before he invaded Kuwait that he was going to control the world. What is the difference? Hitler was no direct threat at the time to US soil, Sadam and OBL is. <br />If you in other countries are cowering in fear of angering these who are our enemies, then you are either with them or you are beaten. Time to take a stand and stop living in fear.<br />Maybe you can sit on the fence and poke sticks at both sides because you have not been directly efected by these terrorists, but if nothing is done what makes you think they will leave you alone? <br />I have always had the impression that the Irish also held a fighting spirit. You can mask your opinion under the words like innocent victims, arrogant Americans, whatever. Bottom line is you and everyone like you are cowards, and have been beaten by terrorists. Even if not directly involved, if you live with the fear that your country will be attacked for helping the US fuel planes, then you are beaten.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Another great post DD..........I truley love Ireland....but for the life of me I cant figure out how somebody can see things the way rudderman does. Then again there are those here who feel the same way. hmmmmmmmmmm Some peoples children :)

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

I must add for Rudderman, I hild no hard feelings for you, and although I am sure I have offended you I truley did not mean to. I do believe that, sticking with the American way, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and should have the freedom to express that opinion openly wherever they want to. I have no ill feelings toward Ireland either. I have never been there, but from pictures I have seen would love to make a trip there to explore and learn more about the country.<br />I do firmly believe that people like him are giving Bin Laden and all of the terrorists their strength. If everyone would openly show their disgust instead of fear in what he does, and openly oppose and fight then he would lose power and lose followers. Like the school yard bully. As soon as the rest of the playground children rise up, band together and fight back, then the bully loses power. <br />There have been a lot of good points brought up here for both sides, and made me think about some of my beliefs. I don't know if I truely believe in the timing of attacking Iraq, I said that from the beginning. America should have finished business with OBL first, but there is I am sure issues that we do not know about.

SCO

Lieutenant

Rudderman, <br />You are at their mercy. You sound like an abused wife that's afraid if getting her husband mad. Is living in fear really living? We cant let these people just come over and kill us. That's not an option. Damn the torpedos, we just have to fight them, and we will prevail. Appeasement will only serve to encouragetheir aggression. I see your problem though, Europe has allowed itself to be over run. Better the confrontation occur now rather than later when they have more strength. I also have no bad feelings for you, but think that you have bought a line of thinking re American Colonialism and aggression that is simply not true. That spin is borne of fear. This is defensive for us just like WWII was(and WWI). We saved your bacon once and we're going to save it again. LAst time Europe put us in danger with their appeasement of Hitler, got some 500,000 of our young men killed. We're not going to let you do it again. Just sit back and let us drive. Hope that you can reevaluate. I don't mean this to be offensive to you personally even though you probably are offended at its abrasive tone.

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by mikeandronda:<br />....but for the life of me I cant figure out how somebody can see things the way...
Mike,<br />It's quite easy for me to understand. In America, the elite and media hate GB and those who back him. In Europe, the elite and media just plain hate America. The Euro's are fed a daily ration of hate America propaganda so is it any wonder?

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Any of you remember or are young enough to remember, back in school we were taught to hate Russia. We were taught that the russians were going to invade us, bomb us, and generally be mean to us. We had falout shelters in ever public building, school, church, and private residences. <br />As I got older I found out that they were teaching their children the same about us. <br />The news media love to report sides. The best way to sell their "news" is to report a contraversy. If there is none to report, they will make one. After the terrorist attacks here the press gave the people what they wanted. It wasn't too long and they realized that they were losing their audiance, so they started asking who was responsible. The same with the current fight. The fight got boring for people, they started losing their audience so they need to report something new. What better than to start a contraversy about the war and feed it. <br />Knowing all of this, I would like to know from citizens of other countries what they are told about America, and I would like to know who is right.<br />We now have a great tool! We have the internet where normal every day citizens can jump on and talk with people of other countries. When I was in school being taught that Russia was going to kill me, it would have been nice to have a tool to talk to Russian children and see what they were being taught. We could have pen pals, but with all we were taught that was never going to happen.<br />This is a very interesting topic that could go on forever and get very heated.<br />To you Rudderman, if I ever do get the chance to tour Ireland, I will look you up. We can grab some drink and go fishing. It would be interesting to know you I think.

Rudderman

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey I have no problem in backing you guys against real genuine terrorists who want to blow you up for whatever reason.<br />The trust problem arises when ya decide to go massacreing civilians and taking over countries where there just may be a few terrorists hiding, with the belief that the hundreds of thousands of foreign dead civilians are somehow worth sacrificing for the the couple of thousand people who died at 9/11. So long as they're not your dead civilians, it doesn't matter so much.<br />Also the refusal to acknowledge that these people may have a genuine grievance with you.<br />A policy of just killing all your enemies only makes the world more volatile, especially with a guerilla war going on where its not humanly possible to solve the problem without annihilating the whole world outside of the USA.<br /><br />Hey I've nothing against americans, my girlfriend is from Milwaukee.....I just see the world from a different place and I believe that the current events are only enciting more hatred in the world.<br />If the whole world thought like America, there would be no problem....but ya gotta remember that they don't.<br /><br />This is my final post on the topic, we could discuss this forever and never agree....so lets just agree to disagree! And lets just hope that the world becomes a more peaceful place soon.