my 68 Starcraft Holiday project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: my 68 Starcraft Holiday project

You people are going to get me in serious hot water :eek: I saw an older (year unknown) Holiday for sale with a 120 mercruiser...... hmmmmm this is going to require a second look. It "needs work" but it is $600......

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

You people are going to get me in serious hot water :eek: I saw an older (year unknown) Holiday for sale with a 120 mercruiser...... hmmmmm this is going to require a second look. It "needs work" but it is $600......

North Beach, get the wood!
Matt...Grab that big metal tub...

I got some extra gas here somewhere....

Bob? Where'd ya go? Anybody seen Bob?
Tell him the waters fine.....LOL

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

These I/O Starcraft restores have been great and tempting..... I really need a doctors help (a doctor who understands boats)...today as I was measuring plywood for my current project my mind drifted off the that Holiday with the IO...... I probably need to have someone tell me the 120 gets bad fuel consumption or stinks as a performer...... HELP this is creepy :D

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

A 120 in a lil tin can..Bob, you know she'd gonna fly across the water!
I hear they literally SIP fuel...like an old ford pinto...
I mean, 12 gallons would last all day and then some..cruising out on your fav lil piece of heaven.....They are so simple too...4 bangers that last forever..I think thats why they were the motor of choice on SC's..They knew they would last as long as their hulls! 600 hundreds bucks isn't gonna stop you from any of this is it?

LOL....:p

matthewp

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Kev, I hear you on the "non-starcraft" obligations. This is the busiest time of year at work - and the fish are here and just begging for my company. But we squeeze in what we can. The 45 minutes you managed to get in is 45 minutes closer to being done.

Bob, your goose is a good as cooked on that Holiday. Don't fight it, man. Give in, yet again, to the Starcraft Godess. Can't you hear her?

"Your 2 acres shall overfloweth... and ye shall know happiness"

Oh man. Someone help me. Help us all.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Dammm..Here in NYC all week, get home Sat @ dang near midnight..Sun is mommas day....Having StarCraft withdrawel issues.....cant just go out side and take a look at her..run my hand down her fresh rustoleum siding? sux big time!

North Beach

Commander

Don't feel too bad there Kev. Been raining here since I got the boat back. All I can do is piddle and order stuff for now. As soon as the sun comes out, Imapaintin.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Got to bed around 3am from my biz trip in NYC...
Spent a couple hours this afternoon to get some painting done...

bottompaint.jpg

I think it's ok for a rookie..
bottompaint2.jpg

Last one

bottompaint1.jpg

bear_69cuda

Commander

That looks fantastic Kev!

Well done...

Looks like it took more than a few hours!

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Thanks Bear!

Really only a couple hours...Hand to sneak out while Diane was watching a movie..lol

Just sand a little, wipe down, tape her off and get ta rolling!

North Beach

Commander

Kev, I gotta say that looks danged good! NY my butt! We know you were paintin the boat the whole time. Tryin to throw in a sleeper:p

Matt's probably got his done too and been out fishin for them teeny stripers!

In the mean time, my trip to BC is next Monday and I just looked at my schedule. Between work and family obligations, I got about three weeks worth of stuff to get done between now and then-and I still want to do at least two coats of topside paint before I go.........

Oh yeah. and I just gotta say that dark color on the bottom to just over the water line really works for me. I got the idea for mine from this guy.
IMG_0455.jpg

Used to be a cabin boat and he chopped it off to make a center console. I just thought it had really clean lines and your boat just proves me right.

Lookin Good!

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Thanks NB...
You have the same scheme on ol greenie you are gettin ready!

If I wasnt in NYC, I'd be done with her and ready to go to the Iboat Florida get together coming up this weekend..As it is I wont be bringing the B Ticket...Sad, but what can ya do?

I wish ya were closer, I'd be happy to share some of your workload to get you done in time bud!

halas

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nice Job Cheapboatkev,

I was inspired by looking at your Starcraft project (and others) so bought a 1969 Holiday 18. with a 1979 85 Hp Johnson.
Original floors and transom had to go.
I have noticed that yours have a nice finished interior panel on the front by the bow.
Mine must be a basic model because I don't have that, I wish I did.

Nice job!!!!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Looks great Kev, love the blue.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Nice Job Cheapboatkev,

I was inspired by looking at your Starcraft project (and others) so bought a 1969 Holiday 18. with a 1979 85 Hp Johnson.
Original floors and transom had to go.
I have noticed that yours have a nice finished interior panel on the front by the bow.
Mine must be a basic model because I don't have that, I wish I did.

Nice job!!!!

Thanks Halas, Starcrafts are really taking over the resto forum!
I just fell into this one without knowing how cool they are!
Yours had the panels at one time, I am sure....you could replicate them fairly easily I would think..If you like I can give you the exact dimensions of the stock panels...

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Looks great Kev, love the blue.

I am flattered Ez! I have a ways to go yet but it's coming together

I still have the port side to finish as well as the topside..Which BTW I am using the same sparkle blue that you used on your resto! I saw your pics and said THATS the color for me!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Cool, I love the color. I DID clear mine though....you may want to consider doing that. Rustoleum clear.

matthewp

Petty Officer 2nd Class

She's looking good, Kev. I must chime in and say the blue looks fantastic. I'm still much farther away from launch than I'd like to be. NB, I have been fishing for those teeny stripers - but all from shore :( Soon...

Nice work, Kev!

Status
Not open for further replies.