my 68 Starcraft Holiday project

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral
Re: my 68 Starcraft Holiday project

So I put the port panel in the boat and what a difference!

Attachments

• port panel 2.jpg
    port panel 2.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 1
  • port panel 3.jpg
    port panel 3.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1
  • port panel 4.jpg
    port panel 4.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 1

North Beach

Commander

Good job Kev! I figured that trim peice would clean up any rough plywood edges. I guess you figured out that the top peice of trim on the panel had to come off and be attached to the boat before you slid the plywood up into it? I just thought you had it setting on the panel in the earlier pics.

I'm still living at work so keep workin on that boat and posting them pics!!!!!!

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Ummmmmm nope NB...

Was looking at it and thinking maybe it did attach first, I guess under the gunwale?

Nothing is bolted down to the deck yet so no biggie! I even posted a question in the Starcraft forum if the edge of the alum trim went under the deck or on top..Just bumblin-stumblin-guessing my way through this!

Thankfully theres this forum and people like you and others that can steer me in the right direction!

matthewp

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey Matt...I just caught that..Did ya airbrush your pet? lol

Hell yeah! She's wicked fast now.

I love the Starcraft arrow. It's unique and it looks awesome. So long as that compass arrow is pointing at the fish - you're set! Everything's coming together nicely. Your jump seats look great. Setting that panel in really cleaned everything up. I can't wait until I start putting things back in my boat. I'm the one with project envy today, my friend.

:D

North Beach

Commander

Yeah Kev. That peice at the top towards the front. It gets screwed or rivited to the underside of the gunwale(?) and then the plywood slides up into it. Then the peice at the bottom gets screwed or riveted to the deck and a couple of the verticle members behind the plywood. Then the plywood sets on it and gets fastened to the vertical members and to the shelf flange.

Hope that makes sense-I just woke up:D

It's gonna look good!!!!

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

perfect sense for a work aholic zombie...thanks!

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

So I followed NB's directions and with a little help from a rubber mallet I got that port panel in there where she is s'posed to go...Thanks again NB..

So I placed the jump seats in to see how they look...Still have to remake the doghouse but this gives me a pretty good idea of what my final look will be. Bear in mind the doghouse will have a little blue edging and the white stripe like the deck.

PIC-0031.jpg

I picked up these seats from Craigs lists for 35 bux each and couldnt pass em up..But they are tiny! Looks like I will be building a 6 inch high box to set them on this weekend..May look funky but it's working with what I have.

tinyseat.jpg

matthewp

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That doghouse will be pretty sweet. I really like your overall theme. Stick with it!

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Thanks Matt...

Like a lotta guys...I fall asleep picturing how this will look and how that will look..Sometimes a bunch of Hooter Girls are helping me wet sand..Ummmmm wet sanding.....LOL:D

North Beach

Commander

Glad I could help Kev. It ain't easy putting stuff back together if you weren't there when it was taken apart.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

I know NB told me to get my doghouse painted in his resto thread, didnt get that done today (sorry NB!)
But after sanding since the weehours of morning, I decided to see how much trouble I could get into with 10 bucks of Rustoleum...I got the starboard side painted...

starboardpaint2.jpg

I used the roll & roll method..may thin the second coat as I did notice a million small bubbles when first rolled, but learned to soflty roll it again to flatten it out better..First time I have tackled this and I think it looks OK.
Compared to what it did a few weeks ago..lol

68starcraft.jpg

North Beach

Commander

LOL! Roll & Roll method:D

Remember the 60/60 rule we used to use on our race car Kev. As long as it looks good at 60 yards doing 60 MPH you're OK!!!!

Looks good to me

And I hope you took that ole ratty plastic starcraft logo off the sides to make room for the new ones:p

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Wow NB...That is so very very cool of you..I had to chuck it, plastic? what where they thinking?
I hope to be able to help you with something sometime...Thank you..Thank you again bud...

Yeah, roll & roll...lol....doesn't look bad at all, maybe the 20/20 rule ;)
I used to have a 69 nova with a baby rat 327..The car was 3 differnt colors, red primer, grey primer and the original chevy green, but at 120 mph, she looked awsome!

Again, I am damm near speachless, ask Diane, thats almost impossible..:D

matthewp

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Looks great, Kev! Now paint your doghouse! (just kidding). I take it you've got your hands on a set of NB's super famous starcraft emblems? Beauties, ain't they? I'm about 14 steps away from putting mine on - but, by the looks of them, I should get an extra 5 to 7 knots out of them - just on cool factor alone.

Keep up the nice work :D

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Thanks Matt..
No not yet..But man I can hardly wait..Besides me, they will be the coolest thing on my boat! lol..

The doghouse...well umm..Gonna hafta build a whole new one...really decided why put lipstick on a pig?

Was rotted along the back base, every time I moved it there were splinters of black wood all over the place..So it's cuttin time! lol

matthewp

Petty Officer 2nd Class

why put lipstick on a pig?

You got it! I've asked myself the same question - only in reverse sometimes. Take my steering wheel. I wasn't going to replace it - it's functional, if somewhat distressed. So I asked myself "Why put the pig's lips on this brand new tube of lipstick?" Answer: new wheel.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Basically a whole freekin day wasted with non Starcraft restoration stuff..geeeez!
Did get a little more of the dash/console done...since I had a whoppin 45 min of free time today....

Attachments

• dash 5_2.jpg
    dash 5_2.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.