my 68 Starcraft Holiday project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickairmedic

Commander
Re: my 68 Starcraft Holiday project

Ok you guys aint that bad off on driving to Lake Anna its 9 hours and 557 miles for me and I thought I was close to Virginy :D. The only issue I will have is summer ( not including this one :D ) is usually when I make my money :D. I will however do everything in my power to be there and Drag Bret and a few other semi Local ( to me ) peaple along for the road trip :D.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Ok you guys aint that bad off on driving to Lake Anna its 9 hours and 557 miles for me and I thought I was close to Virginy :D. The only issue I will have is summer ( not including this one :D ) is usually when I make my money :D. I will however do everything in my power to be there and Drag Bret and a few other semi Local ( to me ) peaple along for the road trip :D.

Rick

add another 1,400 miles on that and its my round trip driving miles:eek:

Rickairmedic

Commander

LOL Ok Kev I will play your game :D . 1114 miles round trip for me :p;). I will save seats for You and Diane though if you decide to fly although the Leggroom in mine isnt near what yours is :D.

Rick

Andy in NY

Commander

oh come on kev, its only 15 hours for you each way... how does dianne feel about driving while towing that beast behind you??

google maps says 11 hours, 641 miles eash way for me.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Well..It's picture time again amigos!
My last bit of painting ended up looking like alligator skin...Rained on me before she was set up.Sooooooo I sanded her back down and thank the Lord no rain tonight...

I also finally cut the holes for my dash piece correctly....I will seal this and paint her white before mounting...Now, remember Diane said this boat reminded her of the Disney boat ride from back in the day? Hence the name "B-Ticket" for my baby...It took a "B" ticket outta the old books ya had to buy to ride the rides...So my gauges are an inside joke to Diane about this..

PIC-0325.jpg

Heres some BETTER paint job shots..

PIC-0328.jpg

PIC-0326.jpg

Rickairmedic

Commander

Looking good Kev and the Mickey dash is perfect LOL.

Rick

Rickairmedic

Commander

Thats gonna be an E ticket ride though :D E tickets were the Roller coasters and such :D. Bimini is still backwards :p;).

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Thats gonna be an E ticket ride though :D E tickets were the Roller coasters and such :D. Bimini is still backwards :p;).

Rick
I'll flip it around one o these days..
yeah..Matterhorn..Haunted Mansion..E Tikets..but these little bad boys were B tickets! lol

Attachments

• B ticket.jpg
    B ticket.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 0

Rickairmedic

Commander

LOL as my kids would say OH SNAP I forgot the little boats :D. Ok your right its B ticket ride :D. The SS however will be E ticket .

Rick

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Hey great minds "DO" think alike don't they...I just posted some pix of my dash{white also and you could say my skills look micky mouse-ish..lol}

Looking good CBK. nice paint job as well!

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

heres some pics..really from yesterday..Did put another coat on the stern this morning..having a problem with a few spots..the paint turned opaque.
Maybe I rushed my "prep"...

First I cut the doghouse an inch off the bottom..It was higher than the the stern and it really really bothered the HELLOUTTA me!
This is the doghouse peeking over the stern..

PIC-0328.jpg

And here it's cut down to size..

PIC-0332.jpg

Also put Brett's boot on over the steering wheel shaft..I was ready to paint a coffee can or sumthin and screw it on! lol

PIC-0335.jpg

I also put the chrome strips down on my bow..It helps clean up the whole theme..Thats water you see..it rained last night..of course!

PIC-0334.jpg

wrfalpacas

Chief Petty Officer

Lookin good Kevin:D I like the chrome in front

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Thanks! I am leaving now to go see John!!
Its at a storage yard in Bonita Springs..Call you in an hour!!

I am excited..go figure! lol

Huron Angler

Admiral

Looking good there:D Lowering the doghouse was a good idea it looks great.

The dash is going to look awesome- M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E new theme song for the rig, just kidding her song should be "Smoke on the water"

Looks nice on the bow with the chrome pieces added and she looks good with a little water on there...you're acclimating her slowly until the big splash:D

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Thanks! I am leaving now to go see John!!
Its at a storage yard in Bonita Springs..Call you in an hour!!

I am excited..go figure! lol

I went to go look at a 19 ft (prob 18) Holiday for Jeff (WVMedic)..The ad stated 500.00 bux..period.Met the guy at the storage yard and all of a sudden he wants 500 for the trailer as well..He said the ad said so, I say he is senile..lol
The kicker was all this silicone goo framing the stern, He put a new transom in..Ok whats with the caulking? He said as a just in case....Didnt give me the warm and fuzzies....

Heres the ad...crazy old coot!!!

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/boa/1311027050.html

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Ok so I slapped some more paint on the stern...
CIMG0083.jpg

And..behold the Mickey Mouse gauges!!! lol

PIC-0342.jpg

So I had to see what the new wheel looks like...

PIC-0346.jpg

Rickairmedic

Commander

That would have been a sweet del for $500.00 ( with the trailer ) I hafta agree although his add was quite wordy . I dont remember reading anything about the triler not being included .

Kev yours is looking great . I know it took some work to get the dash just right but you nailed it :D and the bow and steering wheel and doghouse look great to . All I managed to get done today other thn $20,000.00 + in bids :D:D was to pick up some green tape for the rest of the paintjob to be completed :D.

Rick

61 Holiday

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Kev,
It looks terrific! I never realized how many various features these old Starcrafts had. I have yet to see two exactly the same. Anyway, keep up the terrific work!
John

wvmedic

Chief Petty Officer

Hey Kevin, thanks again for checking the boat for me. I called and spoke to him and he said the boat sold this afternoon.

BTW you're boat is looking good.

Jeff.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Kev,
It looks terrific! I never realized how many various features these old Starcrafts had. I have yet to see two exactly the same. Anyway, keep up the terrific work!
John

Thanks!
I think thats the beauty of old boats...You make em yours, unique!
It's starting to come together a little...

Hey Kevin, thanks again for checking the boat for me. I called and spoke to him and he said the boat sold this afternoon.

BTW you're boat is looking good.

Jeff.

Thanks Jeff...Was my pleasure...we may have a newbie on here talking bout his leaky Holiday!!
p.s...
Read your post..what a shi:eek::eek:y day you had...I couldnt imagine..

Status
Not open for further replies.