my 68 Starcraft Holiday project

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral
Re: my 68 Starcraft Holiday project

hey bud..Thanks for searching for me..I've seen em all...at least online...
That SS went for 250.00 as was a certified deal..

Just got in..I am beat..I am not good for these long nights out..Heck I'm 44..I have had enough of the bar scene to last a lifetime..Was fun seeing a mutual friends husbands band rockin out..Makes me wanna get serious with my guitar again..

Best part of the night was that while I was at the bar paying our tab..Somebody cruising by Diane thought it was a good idea to tap Diane on the rump, not once, not twice but 4 times!?!
I got back to the table just as she was going off on some guy (maybe not THE guy..but was the closest one!)

So it got a little interesting for a bit..Told Diane I am gonna have to start carrying every time we go out!!! I almost broke a guys wrist back in Feb when we had a full blown drinking party down on Fort Myers Beach!:D

Tomorrow my goal is the dash AND the topside!!!

If I get up in 5 hours, I'll have a good long day before the rain hits!

Andy in NY

Commander

Hey Kev while your out there enjoying some tokillya I figured I would do a little Shopping :D.

http://sarasota.craigslist.org/boa/1278742363.html

http://sarasota.craigslist.org/boa/1248314039.html

Thats all I found tonight other thn the fact your $300.00 ones add is still running :eek:.

Rick

the first one you posted, is $1300 really the going price for something that needs MAJOR motor work??? seems kinda high. around here they cant even give away sterndrives that need motor work.

hey bud..Thanks for searching for me..I've seen em all...at least online...
That SS went for 250.00 as was a certified deal..

Just got in..I am beat..I am not good for these long nights out..Heck I'm 44..I have had enough of the bar scene to last a lifetime..Was fun seeing a mutual friends husbands band rockin out..Makes me wanna get serious with my guitar again..

Best part of the night was that while I was at the bar paying our tab..Somebody cruising by Diane thought it was a good idea to tap Diane on the rump, not once, not twice but 4 times!?!
I got back to the table just as she was going off on some guy (maybe not THE guy..but was the closest one!)

So it got a little interesting for a bit..Told Diane I am gonna have to start carrying every time we go out!!! I almost broke a guys wrist back in Feb when we had a full blown drinking party down on Fort Myers Beach!:D

Tomorrow my goal is the dash AND the topside!!!

If I get up in 5 hours, I'll have a good long day before the rain hits!

its been 6 hours... i hope your out there working on it!

Rickairmedic

Commander

LOL Andy I am 42 and wasnt drining tokillya last night but was up till around 2AM and I just got up a little while ago :D.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Ok..
So didnt feel that great when I finally rolled out into the 90 degree 90% humidity today..
After some yard work..And some nausea..I started on the boat..
Really don't think I can do it right with Ezmobees Metallic rattle can style..Maybe being outside in a breeze..Maybe spray cans aren't my thing?

Diane wants the metal flake..I did too..BUT to show her the difference..I brushed (ran outta rollers, or if I have em they are hiding!)

The grey stripe is primered as it was bare aluminum..Will be white tomorrow.
I dont think I have to point out which section is which!

bow8109-1.jpg

Rickairmedic

Commander

Kev on rattlecans steady ( straight slightly overlapping strokes ) start spraying before the boat and end on the windshield ( you did cover the windshield right :D ) . I am about to upload pics myself got the first new coat of red on just now :D. Looks like you did the standard pull the trigger and start moving the can around :D ( thats why SWMBO isnt allowed to spray paint ) . Pull the trigger before the boat steady stright line to the windshield release the trigger move slightly out and start at the windshield pull the trigger and head for the bow releasing the trigger after you pass the edge of the bow :D Repeat as needed until your out of paint or done :D.

Rick

Andy in NY

Commander

Ok..
So didnt feel that great when I finally rolled out into the 90 degree 90% humidity today..
After some yard work..And some nausea..I started on the boat..
Really don't think I can do it right with Ezmobees Metallic rattle can style..Maybe being outside in a breeze..Maybe spray cans aren't my thing?

Diane wants the metal flake..I did too..BUT to show her the difference..I brushed (ran outta rollers, or if I have em they are hiding!)

The grey stripe is primered as it was bare aluminum..Will be white tomorrow.
I dont think I have to point out which section is which!

bow8109-1.jpg

im actually thinking about adding a stripe to the bow... mostly because i need to do something for whhen we walk across the bow to get to the beach... and i thought about the non skid "stickers" or whatever they are called... but then i thought i could paint a white stripe with non skid additive in it! and i would look as cool as kev too!

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Andy..
Your boat is allready way cooler than mine..I am going to use "sharkskin" pellets in the white stripe tomorrow for that exact reason..

I thought of some sticky skateboard cover stuff..You know what I mean..
I even saw these black rubber sticky pads that were pretty big that had a tire tread type pattern on top..
But then I said I dont want that crapola breaking up the visual line that I'll have...

Andy in NY

Commander

Andy..
Your boat is allready way cooler than mine..I am going to use "sharkskin" pellets in the white stripe tomorrow for that exact reason..

I thought of some sticky skateboard cover stuff..You know what I mean..
I even saw these black rubber sticky pads that were pretty big that had a tire tread type pattern on top..
But then I said I dont want that crapola breaking up the visual line that I'll have...

thats exactly what i was going to do, and didnt want to for that exact reason! we all gotta stop thinking alike!

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

I guess it all started with being drawn to Starcrafts!!

Rickairmedic

Commander

I am trying to stay outside the box with all the other starcrafts :D.

Rick

Andy in NY

Commander

except i am going to copy your bench seat though...

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

lol..

I did patent and TM my Starcraft ARROW deck!:D

Thats the best thing about all of us..We all have our personal spins and touches that make these boats ours!:)

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Ok some more progress today..Freakin alum was soooo hot it was cooking the paint almost as soon as I got it on!

I used Sharkgrip mixed in the white stripe for non slip when I send Diane out on the bow to set the anchor! lol..

PIC-0315.jpg

PIC-0316.jpg

PIC-0317.jpg

PIC-0322.jpg

PIC-0318.jpg

PIC-0323.jpg

Rickairmedic

Commander

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah get the tape off :D:D:D:D. Lookin good Kev did you decant the metalic or say the heck with it nd just use the same paint as you used on the bottom for the blue :D.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

lol..now we are sharing brain cells Rick..I knew when I was out there frying my brain that you would post that about the tape!;)

I used the same freakin paint as the bottom..I appreciate the tip but I had almost a full can of the other and it's in my comfort zone, if ya know what I mean!

Rickairmedic

Commander

LOL I know what ya mean Kev :D Speakin of paint its about time for me to go roll & roll another coat of red on :D. That Floriduh sun will bake your brain quick too. :D

Rick

brobrad

Petty Officer 1st Class

Looks great!:D After my discovery with the bottom of my FIRST starcraft :(, I'm gonna go by the book on a bottom coating to prevent galvanic action. I have found a guy that used to build boats (until Katrina) and he has some attachments for the bottom that keep any galvanic action from occurring to the boat by drawing it all to the attachment. I can't remember the exact term for them at the moment. I'm sure most of you guys know what i'm talking about. Of Couarse outside of saltwater, its not an issue.

Andy in NY

Commander

Lookin good kev, the stripe looks good. do you have a splash date in your head yet?

North Beach

Commander

Yeah Kev she's lookin good-when we gettin her wet?

Status
Not open for further replies.