MFG rebuild getting started pics

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Re: MFG rebuild getting started pics

Yeah I still plan on naming and do proper Christening I just haven't gotten around to it . I don't believe she has ever been named before so I guess I don't have to deal with any bad luck issue's with boat names ..I hope .

Because of your iboat handle, I always tend to think of the original "Mission Impossible" TV series when, at the beginning of every episode the voice on the tape recorder says..."Good Morning, Mr Phelps, ..."
So I think something like "Mission Accomplish'd" would be a good name for the MFG...have it done up just like the original logo...

Mission Finished...
Mission Possible...
Mission Done...
Heck, maybe even
Fishin Possible?

:rolleyes::laugh:

saginawbayboater

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I finally picked up something to tow the boat with .. Not in to bad shape for a 2000 . Hopefully it will last a few more years and it gives us another car in case the Admiral's break's down ..

That's one Classy Chassis:D:thumb:

jbcurt00

Staff member

Good looking tow rig ya got there SP!

Looks great pulling the MFG.

tallcanadian

Captain

Put a green top on that tow rig and you will have a matching set.

tallcanadian

Captain

Now all you need to do is continue the strip off the trailer to the side of your tow rig and you will be the talk of the town.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Either bring the green down to break point of the door and white bottom going over the fender wells . Then matching stripe's on hood and top ..

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

You absolutely HAVE to paint that TRUCK!!!!! THAT would be AWESOME at the loading ramp!!!!!

59 Fatty

Petty Officer 1st Class

JB,
That is too cool! You should really paint it like that Wood is right, what a great sight at the boat ramp.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Sorry bro, You asked for it and I can't seem to help myself...:facepalm::watermelon:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Hmmm I think the only way it would look good after looking at it would be paint the whole thing green with just the white stripes . It's not really a classic old car or truck so thinking the best thing to do is leave it be and just drive it .. :) A guy down the street had a like a early 70's Dodge Dart . Ya know the kinda square and boxy looking style . I was thinking with the right size rims /tires all painted to match the boat would have looked awesome.. :rockon:

Edit:
Aww man we just got busted . The Admiral just walked by and asked what I was looking at ..
She was not to thrilled with the idea of painting the Escalade .. All I got was a big NO NO NO !!! :fear::yield:

Last edited:

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Edit:
Aww man we just got busted . The Admiral just walked by and asked what I was looking at ..
She was not to thrilled with the idea of painting the Escalade .. All I got was a big NO NO NO !!! :fear::yield:

I know the feeling all too well...I am getting ready to repaint the Admiral's 300 and I took a pic of it and was playing around with some two-tone ideas and...
Well, let's just say that she didn't even have to say NO!
The look on her face said it all...
Ah well, we can still fantasize...:rolleyes::D

Have a fun weekend!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Finally got around to getting the rope for the rubrail's .. Half the price of the vinyl inserts but me thinks it,s gunna look nice ..
Just temporary installed for a pic ..

Got the lettering coming from iboats . It's pretty nice how they have it set up to order lettering . You can see what it will look like before you purchase .. :)
Doing a few odds and ends on her and hopefully a proper Christening will be happening pretty soon ..

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Me thinks, we needs a Close up of that rope bumper!!!!

jbcurt00

Staff member

If you click thru to Sam's PB page of that photo, you can click the magnifying lense enlargement icon & it appears in it's original size, which is HUGE................

Looks great, where did you land on the adhesive for the rope?

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Well cut my legs off and call me Shorty, I learned sumthun today!!!!! That worked GREAT. Thanks JB!!!!

jbcurt00

Staff member

Yer welcom' Okie. Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks :D

I don't have the link back feature active on my PB acct, and most of my pix aren't nearly that big. Enlarged that big you can almost see the fingerprint ridge detail on the paint :faint2:

Sam, that rope bumper might be 1 place I'd use silly-cone. Less likely to grab & hold as long as other adhesives, but when the time comes to replace the rope, it'd be a heck of a lot easier to clean up & remove it compared to a polyurethane adhesive (SikaFlex, PL or whatever super sticky stuff you decide on).

tazrig

Lieutenant Commander

Wow... Congratulations again sphelps. That MFG just keeps getting more and more beautiful!:faint2:

lokonn

Chief Petty Officer

Nice detail! The black really pops with your color scheme.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

If you click thru to Sam's PB page of that photo, you can click the magnifying lense enlargement icon & it appears in it's original size, which is HUGE..
Gee thanks jb ! Now you can see how dirty she is and all the imperfections...:facepalm:
Wow... Congratulations again sphelps. That MFG just keeps getting more and more beautiful!:faint2:

Nice detail! The black really pops with your color scheme.
Thanks taz , lokonn ! Yep once I get it installed it will start to look more like a complete project .
Yer welcom' Okie. Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks :D

Sam, that rope bumper might be 1 place I'd use silly-cone. Less likely to grab & hold as long as other adhesives, but when the time comes to replace the rope, it'd be a heck of a lot easier to clean up & remove it compared to a polyurethane adhesive (SikaFlex, PL or whatever super sticky stuff you decide on).
Those old okie dogs are a rare breed ya know . No matter how old they get they always got there ears up ..:D
As far as adhesive . I know we talked about using 5200 . That would probably give a good hold . If 5200 came in black that would be great. Black silly-cone might be the ticket .. The lower rail is just a tad wider than the top one so a black caulk would help fill in any voids at the edges . I might try and sink a back up screw every so often . I,ll try that with a scrap piece and see how it would work .
I also need to find a couple more arrow head rr end caps .