MFG rebuild getting started pics

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Re: MFG rebuild getting started pics

Thanks AJ !

Ok , not sure if I will start a thread of not but the next rebuild will be the at one time donor boat . :facepalm:
Sil wants to fix it up and use it for fish/pleasure . The PO had trouble with it getting on plane and tried a different prop . He took the boat to a boat shop and they looked at it and said the the motor was to high and needed to be lowered . Well the Legend had a factory 20" transom. The shop cut the transom down about 1-3/4" . Now the anti-vent plate is ,you guessed it, about 1-1/2" below the bottom of the hull. It seemed to help the performance of the boat . BUT ! I am thinking they did not take into account the approx 3 or 400 lbs of wet foam and wood that was under the deck..
As I aid I am not sure if I ill start a thread because I am at my limit with free posting from PB .Yeah I know .. I'm kinda a cheap sob sometimes .. We have torn out the deck and most of the foam . The transom at the moment seems solid . I drilled test holes all along the bottom and it looks dry from what I can tell. Stood on the foot of the motor and gave it a good bounce test . No flex to speak of .. But , the height is cut down for some stupid reason ! We are not worried about making it real pretty but it must be safe..
Any thoughts ? Mine is , what have I got myself into .. :facepalm:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

I have a way to Save pics on the web and post to iBoats NOT using PB. I'll be back in a moment to explain how.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Went to the Zoo with My Grandkids. Posted this on my DropBox account. Created a Shared Folder, then clicked on the Photo to open it then right clicked it to copy the URL. Then Came back to iboats, clicked the Insert Img icon in the ribbon pasted the URL into the window and Unchecked the Retrieve Remote file check box and VOILA' the pic is in the post. I will try and make a detailed PDF file on exactly how to do this. It's really not that hard.

cQckCZiri7j3p6SkCA5SS2GH3xUp078qLJdDsQEbsaI

jbcurt00

Staff member

............I am at my limit with free posting from PB

It looks like it's a monthly bandwidth limit, 10GB:

[h=3]From PB:

Bandwidth Exceeded (Look Who's Popular)
:[/h]posted this on March 08, 2012 04:14 pm
All of my linked Photobucket photos and videos have been replaced with this thing:
eb.jpg

What does it mean, and how do I get my photos back?
Don't panic, and don't delete anything! Please, let us explain.
Bandwidth is the total amount of data transferred from your Photobucket account to the sites you post photos and videos on. It's kind of like the data plan on your phone. If you have a free account, you can use up to 10GB of bandwidth per month.
Imagine you have a photo that is 1MB in size, and you post it on your blog. Whenever a friend sees your blog, 1MB of data is transferred from your Photobucket account. That counts toward your 10GB per month limit (10GB = 10,000MB, and most photos are much smaller than 1MB).
Now, imagine your blog has a lot of photos on it, and their total size is 5MB. That would mean that 2,000 blog views would max out the bandwidth on your free Photobucket account. If you're linking multiple photos in multiple places, or you post photos on a popular site, your bandwidth can add up pretty fast!
There are two ways to get your linked photos and videos to show up again:

1. Wait until your cycle date. Your bandwidth limit resets every month on the date you created your account. Check your page to find out when your cycle date is and how much bandwidth you've used since your last cycle date.
  2. Go Plus. Plus accounts have unmetered bandwidth, no ads, and full-size photo storage. You'll love it!

I post frequently & usually w/ pix, but am only using @ 23% of 'my' bandwidth..

WOG may be closer to the limit, maybe if you trimmed the video content (are they PB or YouTube?)....

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

^^ I have used some of both on the video's ^^
So if too many people view your pics and it reaches your limit it will disappear . And then re-appear after the end of a 1 month cycle ..
I guess the videos should be YouTube to keep from using the PB space .

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

By the way, S.P., when you gonna join this other forum...???;)
Completed Boat Projects

Here is another thought on the pics in a bucket thing...
"Flikr"
Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing
"Picasa"
https://www.google.com/accounts/Ser...asaweb.google.com%2F&service=lh2&passive=true
"Instagram"
Instagram
"Imageshack"
ImageShack? - Online Photo and Video Hosting
I haven't tried any of these, yet, but I am getting close to my limit with Photobucket, so I'll be looking into them...:)

And, oh yeah...?...Are you still planning to add the second swim platform?

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Thanks for all the linksGT I will have to check them out. And yes I am going to post a completed project post . Still have a few things left like rub rail , second swim platform, ect. Mostly find time to put a post together to submit to the Mods .

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

The Admiral wanted to do some fishing yesterday so we dodged a few showers and wet a line . I caught the first fish out of the boat in prolly 25 years . Just a little croaker but a fish none the less . Got enough of this and that for a least one dinner .

I still have a problem with the center bunks on the trailer rubbing a little paint off in one spot . Thinking about maybe adding a roller to help out .
Have a good one everyone !

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Can you feel how jealous I am...:D
Congratulations on landing the 1st!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

I wanted to go to the lake yesterday, but I needed a Sail Boat, 25 MPH winds and Lake wind warnings!!!! Oh well. Looks like you had enuf fun for all of us!!! Congrats on the first Fish. FRAME THAT PIC!!!!!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Can you feel how jealous I am...:D
Congratulations on landing the 1st!
Nothing to be jealous about cuss I got a feeling the Bassasson will be doing what it was born to do very soon !
DITTO...Congrats. I'm too am jealous. What kind of fish ya catch?
That was a very small but tasty Virginia Croaker . At least that's what I have always called them ..
I wanted to go to the lake yesterday, but I needed a Sail Boat, 25 MPH winds and Lake wind warnings!!!! !
Don,t let the slick water in the pic fool ya ! We had just what your talking about earlier in the day . The storms rolled through with lightning and strong winds for an hour then it turned out to be very pleasant afterwards . BTW , did you notice the admirals way cool umbrella hat !

jbcurt00

Staff member

fishing is fishing :cool:

Apparently the southern NC coast has 'Virginia croakers' too as it was my 1st catch off the pier. The croaking is crazy........
Good looking day post storming and its always better to be catchin' not just fishin' :fish:

Decker83

Commander

Congrats on the first fish.. Must make you proud..

Like the Admiral's hat, need to see if I can get mine to wear one..:D

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Congrats on the fisheees.... :) Good stuff.

Also, I noticed what appears to be 2 nuclear cooling towers in the background... None of those fish have extra fins or eyeballs do they?

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

That is a coal power plant . At least that's what they tell us. No 3 eyed fish so far!

jbcurt00

Staff member

Hey SP, just to help you out:
OK now just stop it !!
You guys are gunna have me running around looking in back yards and old barns trying to find another project to take up my time and money ! Not to mention the Admirals wrath !:facepalm: What the heck go ahead and pull the trigger !:cool:
$600:
3r13M93s45L25s55H5d6ha2201734066c1e2f.jpg

It's in Redding, CA so no risk of actually enticing you to consider buying it..........

But yep, they are out there, just gotta look around.

And for when the Admiral catches you window shopping on CL, take your pick:
hidechair.gif
bag.gif

And for me:
sm_calvin.gif

saginawbayboater

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Hey SP, just to help you out:

$600:
3r13M93s45L25s55H5d6ha2201734066c1e2f.jpg

It's in Redding, CA so no risk of actually enticing you to consider buying it..........

But yep, they are out there, just gotta look around.

And for when the Admiral catches you window shopping on CL, take your pick:
hidechair.gif
bag.gif

And for me:
sm_calvin.gif

With friends like JB who needs enemies!!! :rolleyes: