Maybe my turn for new boat time

airshot

Rear Admiral
Looks like an F-250 Diesel towing it . . . should make it. (y)
Look at how many trucks are rated to tow 12-15K many times their own weight, look at the 12K lb fifth wheel trailers going down the road....dont see much difference in that boat....guess the boat might be more aerodynamic ????

alldodge

Staff member
It's getting there, need to take some measurements and then get it to the canvas shop. Get my Reg numbers ordered once they get it Licensed

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
It's getting there, need to take some measurements and then get it to the canvas shop. Get my Reg numbers ordered once they get it Licensed
You going to use Gary or your guy?

alldodge

Staff member
Soon as I get it and might, but have a few things that I need to get done.

The boat lift guy is going to rearrange the bunks and would like that done before taking it to the canvas guy. Last time I wanted the guy to redo the lift it took 3 years and I wound up doing it my self :rolleyes:

tpenfield

Staff member
Yes, I had to do a tweak on my trailer bunks. I did it while the boqt was in the water for the season, taking note beforehand of where the boat was resting on the bunks and where they were not.

Since you are getting the canvas made locally, you can maybe do some customization vs. the OEM canvas. I hear that using mesh is becoming a 'thing' vs. using strataglass. :unsure:

alldodge

Staff member
Have not thought of mesh, and this would only be used in cool weather so we could run around a bit longer (not having to winterize anymore :p)

alldodge

Staff member
Pick her up and she's now in the barn, probably post some pics tomorrow

Hope its not an omen, just left the dealer and first stop I feel a heavy clunk as the trailer hits the stops (surge disk brakes). Not good, call dealer and advise I'm head back.

Tech looks under trailer and finds 2 on the brake lines were snapped off. We go get lunch and wait for a call its fixed.

Get back and Tech says the Tee fitting placed the flex brake line facing directly down. When the boat bounced the line comes in contact with the axle.

Tech looked at another new trailer and it was same way. He rotated the line so its horizontal and away from axle.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Does Chaparral have an OEM cover that fits it? I make my own covers but there is no way I could duplicate the OEM cover that I have for my Cobalt. It fits like a glove. When my current cover wears out, I am buying another Cobalt cover. They are expensive but worth it in my opinion.

alldodge

Staff member
Does Chaparral have an OEM cover that fits it? I make my own covers but there is no way I could duplicate the OEM cover that I have for my Cobalt. It fits like a glove. When my current cover wears out, I am buying another Cobalt cover. They are expensive but worth it in my opinion.
Yes, but its either white or black, and we want blue

The guy doing the canvas has done other things for us and he does great work

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Yes, but its either white or black, and we want blue

The guy doing the canvas has done other things for us and he does great work
Yep....my only option is black.

Mine has the strap on the circumference of the cover with ratchets to tighten it. First cover I have ever had that uses that method and is a great way to get the cover nice and tight.

alldodge

Staff member
The deck is dirty because I'm not taking off my shoes yet. To many in/out's arranging things, but it is gelcoat.

The boat has just 2 Bat switches (Engines and House) and when their turned on it takes a few seconds of their red led flashing before they go solid. Then things can be used. Just ON/OFF no combine with house, my guess this is a safety for the motors. Chap didn't give me the wiring diagrams so I'm going to ask.

I also has a 2-bank Isolator so don't know what is the main feed

Slide4.JPGSlide1.JPGSlide3.JPGSlide2.JPG