Maybe my turn for new boat time

tpenfield

Staff member
More Fun :rolleyes:
Dealer has to order Gel so not going to get it back this week
I might have missed something . . . Are there some fix-its needed?

Sounds like you may be going through the 'teething pains' of a new boat? :unsure:

alldodge

Staff member
I might have missed something . . . Are there some fix-its needed?

Sounds like you may be going through the 'teething pains' of a new boat? :unsure:
After getting the boat home we noticed there was a small gouge up by the anchor. Figured anchor hit the boat when dealer was installing it. Then there are a rub spot on each side of the stern. Looks like this is where the strap might have been to hold during transport

Sent email to Dealer that the Bats should be changed
Oh and BTW, the ground cables are connected to an automotive type connector because stud was to short

briangcc

Commander
That's not too horrible on a punch list. Mine are usually longer after I have the boat for a bit.

flashback

Captain
In my youth I used to work for a sailboat dealership and was sent to the hunter factory to see how they were made. in those days, hunter would send a quart of gel that was used on the boat so you got an exact match cause usually there would be a few chips to repair..The dealer I worked for supplied any batterys needed not hunter..

alldodge

Staff member
Got it back today and took it into town to fill up. It took 113 gal and then went home and put it back in the barn

Have not looked at the Bats yet, but was told they would be switched to AGM

alldodge

Staff member
Had the boat a month and took it for a ride today. Love the handling and power, not so much the docking, amount of helm turns and touchy digital throttle controls.

I'll get use to the a steering and throttle control, will take longer for docking.

Docking - use to single B3 and the B3 bites very well in both FWD and REV. The OB's have Revolution 4-blade props and FWD is good, REV is a lot of slip. Have to give more throttle for same thrust in REV.

Steering - use to 3 turns lock to lock, this boat has maybe 10 turns lock to lock.

Had to have my boat hoist brackets lengthened to handle this hull. The Formula used the bow Vee to support bow, but this one doesn't use it due to hull length

Got the Boca shade installed and man is this thing ever long. Hull has a 9ft beam and shade is 7ft so all good. Its also 7ft long so will be good but didn't realize to boat. It extends a bit past the OB's.

Will try to post some pics next time out and bring my phone

tpenfield

Staff member
You'll get used to the twin engine handling and never want a single engine again. :D

10 turns on the steering wheel seems like a lot. I assume it is electronic steering? Do you have a joystick?

I noticed on the joystick docking that it compensates engine RPM on the drive that is in reverse for the prop slip. When I do dock handling the old fashioned way, I just keep the drive the goes into reverse engaged a bit longer (as I only engage the drives for a second or two when around the dock)

Looking forward to some pictures . . . Is there a new boat splash award that gets handed out . . . @Woodonglass ?

alldodge

Staff member
I've run twins before, it's the props. I'm barely moving forward put both in REV and it continues to keep going forward, just going to take time and see how it responds

Don't have joy stick

The steering is Mercs electric/hydraulic steering that comes with the Verado

alldodge

Staff member
Steering is 8 turns lock to lock. Can ya believe that 8 F ing turns. Guess that's why most these boats come with a joy stick

Using shifters is about the only way to go and even that is tough. I'm just not getting much bite in reverse. Any kind of light breeze sends the boat moving off center. Buddy says I need to get jack plates to get the OB lower when docking, I'm still thinking about different props

Do like the "Active Trim" , with it ON trim goes to zero when taking off and slowing to a stop. Once it comes up on plane it adjust trim for max speed and fuel economy. Increase or slow a bit and it self adjust

tpenfield

Staff member
I'll have to check the steering (lock-to lock) on my boat. I have not noticed an excessive number of turns. It also has the electronic steering and if you turn the wheel too much, it chucks out a warning on the VesselView display. o_O

So I don't try to turn too much 😆

alldodge

Staff member
The Admiral and I had a great day today just floating. Time in the water and then more time on the lounger. Life is good and the boat is turning into a really nice place for us more so then the cruiser

Slide1.JPG

Now if she could just find what car she want's to replace the current one. Last time it took a few months and I was ready to go into a cave for a while. Menopause is nothing compared to her finding a car

alldodge

Staff member
Might have come up with a name for the boat,

The Rose

It's part from our original wedding vowels, some from her Mom, and some from the song lyrics. Not much room on the stern for the name and graphics but we will work it out if it sticks

southkogs

Staff member
AD that shade off the convertible top is cool. I don't think I've ever seen that before.

alldodge

Staff member
We really like it, spent better then an hour just reclining on the longer and enjoying the view. The sade is a Boca shade and works very well

tpenfield

Staff member
AD that shade off the convertible top is cool. I don't think I've ever seen that before.
We really like it, spent better then an hour just reclining on the longer and enjoying the view. The sade is a Boca shade and works very well

Yup, extra shade is a nice things on those hot sunny days. I have one of those extendable shades on my boat, but it is a 'SureShade' brand. I don't use it much, since much of the crew are sun worshipers :LOL:

Last edited:

alldodge

Staff member
Once it gets real hot we probably won't spend much time under the shade, be more time floating in the water and under the trees

Scott06

Vice Admiral
Beautiful boat love the stern seating. How much room between the seat and the engines ? Looks well laid out on the swim platform