Make mine a Burbon and Coke please.

sangerwaker

Commander
Re: Make mine a Burbon and Coke please.

Normally I'm a dark beer drinker. Guinness draft is probably my favorite, but I like to change around too. If I splurge on a mixed drink, it's either a Bacardi Coke, or a Colorado Bulldog. If the wife and I stay home and watch movies on a Friday or Saturday, which is often, we usually drink red wine, a merlot or zinfandel.<br /><br />Hey all ya Texans, I just recently discovered Shiner beer. That stuff is delicious. Kinda hard to find up here, but their Heffeweizen (sp?) is most excellent. Their bock is also very good.

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

cream sherry,blackberry brandy,pina colada,beer with pasta, total of 12 per year when i'm binging

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> I'm with Spratt... Coke is as hard as it gets...well, maybe a Dew if I feel frisky! :D
Not sure if the world could handle some old dudes sitin around gettin "smashed" on diet coke, iced tea, and just plain ol good friendship!!!!

Fly Rod

Commander

:) for a causual drink with the guys I have bacardi & coke!!! :D <br /><br />when the wife and I go out with our group of the "Sunday Niters" I have bacardi & coke :D :D <br /><br />My after dinner drink is bacardi & coke!!!! ;) :cool:

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Bush beer and occasionally a Tequila sunrise or a good margarita<br />
dfwtexn.jpg

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

Beer, any kind.<br /><br />Rum, with anything.<br /><br />Hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps.<br /><br />Bourbon, with anything.<br /><br />Scotch, neat.<br /><br /><br />I'm not just real picky.<br /><br />Gin and Tonic with Lime is my standby favorite.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Finally!! Someone spelled BOURBON correctly. I was about to whine about that. Thanks, PH. :) <br /><br />That hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps sounds good, PH. I will have to try that.<br /><br />A couple of unusuals that I have tried and liked:<br /><br />Hot, spiced apple cider with applejack.<br /><br />V8 juice with Kummel (a caraway flavored, very strong liquor popular in Europe). It is called a "Bloody Olga".

silenscurator

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Rusty Nail is the only way to go. A nice high end scotch, my favorite being Glenfiddich 21yr and some drambuie just caps the night off well. Neat of course...why water down gods beverage...and yes, I'm scottish

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

Standard time - Johnny Walker Red on the rocks.<br /><br />Daylight Savings Time - Gin & Tonic (sugar free)

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Killian's Irish Red or Alaskan Amber<br /><br />When skiing, I usually drink NutBrown Ale or if it is cold, I will drink Irish Coffee, or Hot Buttered Rum.<br /><br />My wife and I both like the Hot Chocolate with peppermint schnapps also.<br /><br />Skiing tonight, actually it is race night, won't drink until afterwards.<br /><br />AK Chappy

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Beer:...Coors...Bud...MGD...Pacifico (Mex)...Guinness (IRL)...<br /><br />Tequilla:..."Gran Centenario"...chilled, shots...no salt or lime<br /><br />Wine:...Merlot usually, but most decent red wines...NO white wine...<br /><br />Whiskey:...Jack Daniel's...on the rocks<br /><br />Rarely a mixed drink.<br /><br />Other than what I listed, I totally abstain!!!<br /><br />...Bob in Calif...

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by JB:<br /> ...That hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps sounds good, PH. I will have to try that.<br /><br />
JB - good stuff! ;) They tend to slide down faster and faster then sneak up on ya and hit ya in the back of the eyeballs much like a Tom & Jerry if your not paying attention.<br /><br />For me its bottled Leinenkugel's Original and lately their Big Butt Doppelbock has been mighty tasty.<br /><br />A glass of Jim Beam Rye or Crown Royal isn't too far away at times either :D

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

No hard stuff for me. Gave it up a year ago and don't see it entering my life again anytime soon.<br />Just a good glass of water for me.<br />Soda is usually pepsi.<br />I've gotten into green tea lately. Good stuff. Better than that bitter black tea. Tea, hot or cold with nothing added.<br />Bassy

Stratosfied

Ensign

Now, I'm kinda like Tom T Hall, that is "Beer makes me a Jolly Good Fellow" :D I like beer, my daily is Lite beer from Miller, although my favorite is free beer. ;) I have even had Shiner from the brewery in Shiner in 1985, have had Dixie Beer, Homebrew, and all the domestics and alot of imports. For a little more kick, I will dabble in some Kentucky Bourbon and water, my favorite being Wild Turkey, although I will not turn away any offered. When I have my bride on a 'special night', we will usually have a nice wine with the meal.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

7&7 or an Absolute Press

aspeck

Staff member

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> Flatbottoms, KaGee, Bondo and Brian.... We should go out drinkin'....<br /><br />Iced tea or diet coke...
46.gif
Milk or Raspberry Iced Tea (Crystal Light) are the preferred drinks here, followed closely by Diet Coke. Early morning or late evening - bring on the PLAIN hot chocolate. If feeling really frisky, will add marshmellows!<br /><br />Hey JB, bring on the cold pizza for breakfast - with the hot chocolate or coffee.

fatpratt1996

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm not much of a drinker now but used to do plenty of binge drinking myself and have always wondered what the difference was between bourbon and scotch. I've had all the cheap brands like Wild Turkey, Crown, Jack and now hate them all. You remember what each and every one was like coming back up if you know what I mean. I know scotch is more expensive but what are the taste differences? And do those business tycoons really drink scotch all day like they do in the movies? persheate it y'all.

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

Plain old screwdrivers for me.Then there is the occasional Buttershots brand of Butterscotch schnapps straight up.<br /><br />I used to tell people that I hardly ever caught a cold because I drink a lot of orange juice. :D