Love, Necessity and Pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Re: Love, Necessity and Pride

Nice template /fab work ! I like the addition of an Oh carp handle and the blah blah switches ! Those are a must .. :laugh:

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

And here are the first mockups more or less in place...

View from the bow...

DSCF2693.jpg

View from the stern...

DSCF2694.jpg

Deck mockup with footrest...

DSCF2698.jpg

I can already see some adjustments that will be made...

Happy Thursday!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

It,s starting to take shape ! Have you got a seat you can place in there for a test fit . How close is the placement to where the seats sat originally ?

KennethfromGA

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That looks like way more fun than my graph paper pipe dreams! Good stuff GT

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Thanks guys, it is fun and very satisfying to actually "SEE":shocked: what I have been trying to visualize both on paper and in my feeble mind...

It,s starting to take shape ! Have you got a seat you can place in there for a test fit . How close is the placement to where the seats sat originally ?

Hopefully, coming soon to a weekend near you...I will be mocking up some cardboard and lumber to mimic the seating area to get a better understanding of the ergonomics...
As far as being close to the original placement...yeah, more or less...by taking measurements from the original cap rim as a guide for most of the layout...

I still have to score some more resin, finish installing the nailers and actually set the cap rim on there to both verify the fit and final placement of the new interior pieces...

Have a great Thursday and HURRY UP Friday!:D

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Well, didn't get done what I wanted to get done, but I got something done anyway...:rolleyes:

The weather on Saturday was nice and cool in the fifties, but somewhat drippy with little off and on showers...so I played lazy...

Sunday woke up to a bright crisp clear day in the fifties and after taking care of some chores, I did get the port nailer installed...

DSCF2722.jpg

I was able to take some video with the GoPro, and when I get it edited down to the relative stuff I'll post it up...

Hope everyone has had a fun and productive weekend...

What can I say but...Hurry up Friday!:whip::laser::madgrin::bolt:

Decker83

Commander

Everyone needs a break once in awhile..:lol:
I'm with ya, hurry up Friday need to go to work..:pound:

Have a great week GT1M..

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Gus that's a nice mock up. Didn't know you were so creative!!!

jbcurt00

Staff member

Progress is progress

Have a good (quick) week :)

craigweaver

Chief Petty Officer

everyone needs a bit of break every now and then Gus! (besides, it just lets us catch up with ya a bit :horn:

Have a great week and Friday will be here before we know it.

Trooper82

Commander

yup....it all counts!

hope you get some warmer weather this weekend...I'm back in Louisiana this week...was 70 degrees when the plane landed...boy I miss that!

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Howdy,
Not much got accomplished due to Admiral car troubles, but I did get to spend some quality time this afternoon with a hot glue gun and some cardboard...

Trying to get some ideas on how to layout the rod locker...

First attempt, epic fail...but hey, that's the beauty of this method...only wasted some time, not much expense to speak of...

DSCF2724.jpg

Cut out some new pieces...not quite there yet...

DSCF2728.jpg

Finally starting to take shape...at least I have a working concept...

DSCF2740.jpg

DSCF2734.jpg

DSCF2741.jpg

Some or most of the PVC guide tubes will be made longer to completely encase the rod tips and all of the ends will be capped off...the diameters may also change...

Some of the space left in this compartment will also lend itself to storing things like the nav/anchor lights, a spool holder for different spools of fishing line, possibly a good place to store the wash down hose and whatever else I can put in there that won't compete with the rods...

Another idea I have for the compartment Lid, is to have it swing towards the stern when open, to use as a combination table top for any of a number of uses, such as setting up tackle, cutting bait or cleaning/filleting fish, etc.etc...I'll see how that pans out...

With the time change, I hope to be able to get a little more done when I get home from work, so until the next update...

Have a great week, Y'all!

gm280

Supreme Mariner

I look in on your progress every now and then and I can see your still in the design phase. SOme good ideas to phyically see how things will actually fit instead of paper layouts. Not a bad idea. I too have to design thing on paper first but then after building a little the design migrates to a different level after seeing my initial design needs updated... I guess that is how lots of ideas take shape though. Keep on working. I'll check back in a day or three... Cardboard is so cheap to work with...okay it is free!

jbcurt00

Staff member

Nice work, just let the hamster loose on his wheel & see what comes of it... I'm sure it'll turn out great!

I like the progression of rod holder types.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

I really like the V shaped design ! Looks like the bottom rods are way more accessible than the first design . Nothing worse than a tangled up set of rods when your favorite spot is jumpin !:mad::)

Status
Not open for further replies.