jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: Love, Necessity and Pride

:couch2: I'll be over here on the couch w/ PMC waiting to see what develops
anim_32.gif

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Now I know what happens when you read too much of "jasoutside's" threads, mixed with one, two, three many of these and a reciprocating saw...

DSCF2628.jpg

DSCF2627.jpg

bits and pieces left over...

DSCF2630.jpg

DSCF2633.jpg

and some initial placing...

DSCF2638.jpg

Cap and Hull ready to be reunited...

DSCF2637.jpg

Plan is to add the nailer, set the cap rim on, check for good fit, remove...then using a hot glue gun and a bunch of cardboard, begin the new interior layout...

More to come...

Happy Fri-DAY!

craigweaver

Chief Petty Officer

now this is funny, you're cutting most of your cap out and I'm fixing to add to mine... Have a great weekend Gus! I might get some work done tomorrow but I'm heading out us northerners call ice fishing with my son for the weekend. Catch ya on the flip side.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Hmm..... Jas claims to be going underground (??) today, and then this happens in your boatyard:
DSCF2630.jpg

Me thinks these events might be related.... Jas would of course call this ^^^ just a good start :tape2:

You weren't kidding about 'a few changes' that had been kicking around.... Time to break out the 48pak of colored pencils & get busy :)

Have a good end of the week...

rickryder

Commander

OK so I been missing in action for a while...... OMG Gus what are you doing now????? LOL I'm gonna have to keep an eye on this :laugh:

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

now this is funny, you're cutting most of your cap out and I'm fixing to add to mine... Have a great weekend Gus! I might get some work done tomorrow but I'm heading out us northerners call ice fishing with my son for the weekend. Catch ya on the flip side.

Hope you guys have an awesome time Ice fishing, don't freeze and catch a bunch!

BTW, I noticed your new Avatar awhile ago and have been meaning to say..."Awwww, He's sooooo cute!

Uhmmm, THIS WILL be educational. I can already Tell!!!!

My goal is to make plenty of mistakes in the hopes that others do not...;)

Hmm..... Jas claims to be going underground (??) today, and then this happens in your boatyard:
DSCF2630.jpg

Me thinks these events might be related.... Jas would of course call this ^^^ just a good start :tape2:

Hmmm, now that you mention it...there was a very strong breeze blowing when all that was happening...

OK so I been missing in action for a while...... OMG Gus what are you doing now????? LOL I'm gonna have to keep an eye on this :laugh:

Hi Rick, glad to see you back...hope all is good...
Yeah, this is something that I hope turns out as good in real life as it has for many months in my dream world...

Happy Friday, fellas...

wolfsmurf

Petty Officer 2nd Class

and some initial placing...

DSCF2638.jpg

Cap and Hull ready to be reunited...

DSCF2637.jpg

Plan is to add the nailer, set the cap rim on, check for good fit, remove...then using a hot glue gun and a bunch of cardboard, begin the new interior layout...

More to come...

Happy Fri-DAY![/QUOTE]

Ummmm, where's the bucket to sit on? What about the frosty beverage container? It's gotta be close to the bucket........

sevanseriesta

Petty Officer 1st Class

Looking good, I'm also interested in how the cap thing is gonna work.... I think were all in for the ride. Its getting close for me to work on mine as well our boats are so similar its nice to see what your doing so I can copy

rickryder

Commander

Life has been a whirl wind for me lately..... Thought I would jump back in to see how Ya'll were doing;) Missed ya! Even the Ole Okie :lol: Love ya Wood!

Decker83

Commander

Well now this has become a major challenge..:smiley_simmons: With all the real world planning and work you have done so far, This should turn out to be a one of a kind super awesome boat..:eyebrows:

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Ummmm, where's the bucket to sit on? What about the frosty beverage container? It's gotta be close to the bucket........

Currently it is exactly where it needs to be...next to the frosty beverage container...which is about 5 feet from the boat...This is the spot where I will be sitting and staring at this mission I have set before myself to contemplate all the variable possibilities...:eek:nthego::indecisiveness:

I think I see where this is going and:

Me too!:lever:

This is going to get fun!

U betcha!:whoo:

Looking good, I'm also interested in how the cap thing is gonna work.... I think were all in for the ride. Its getting close for me to work on mine as well our boats are so similar its nice to see what your doing so I can copy

Copy away, just not my goof ups...:rolleyes:

Life has been a whirl wind for me lately..... Thought I would jump back in to see how Ya'll were doing Missed ya! Even the Ole Okie Love ya Wood!

Life is funny that way, even while living it, it still gets in the way...

Well now this has become a major challenge.. With all the real world planning and work you have done so far, This should turn out to be a one of a kind super awesome boat..

I don't know how "super awesome", but it is a "major challenge"...:eagerness:

Thanks for dropping by, guys...I am really fired up to get going on this next phase of the restoration...it is actually one of the things that has kept me inspired throughout this madness, the prospect of rebuilding this boat into my own vision of a bass boat [hopefully it won't become a bad dream...] hahaha...
It has been raining all afternoon and will be off and on through the night...Kinda has put a 'damper' on any forward momentum...but if the weather turns pleasant in the AM, I might hoof it over to the shop and get couple things taken care of...

Have an awesome weekend with hopefully lots of boat related happenings...

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Howdy do, on this fine and beautiful Saturday, fellas...

Got a nice Late start this morning...around 10 AM...

Hooked up the boat and dragged it to the shop with the intention of getting a little more glassing done...

I was able to seal up the fresh transom cut with a coat of resin.

Also installed two bow nailers and two stern nailers...

Then I had a huge brain Phart...
th

I was getting some liquid resin ready to wet out some CSM, to lay over the PB that I had applied to fillet the nailers and...

I had the last 2 liters of resin sitting in a 2.5 Qt. bucket, to use as needed, along with the 150ML's I was going to use to wet the CSM...

Wellllllll, I drew out 1.5ml of catalyst to add to the 150ml of resin, and wouldn't you know it...I squeezed it into the 2 Liter reserve bucket...

OK, so knowing that it was only 1.5ml of MEK-P in 2000ml resin...I figured I had plenty of time to figure out what to do...

Soooo, I kicked the small batch of 150ml, wet out the CSM, then quickly cut out some sections of 1708 that I had left to apply to the cross brace/ transom area...

Kicked off the rest of the 2000ml batch with another 18 ml of catalyst, wet out the 1708 and applied it...

Whew!!!, and here I thought I was going to waste almost 2 liters of resin...sheeesh, that was close...

Anyhow, all's well that ends well and I finished off a section I hadn't planned on getting done and finished off the last of my on hand, resin...

Hopefully by next week I'll be able to pick up another fiver of resin and get the rest of the nailers installed...and hopefully start on some serious Cap reconstruction planning...

Oh Yeah, sorry, I forgot the camera at home and I was so tired, I left the boat at the shop for this evening, so I didn't get any pics, so in reality, none of the aforementioned really happened...:rolleyes:

I'll be bringing the boat home tomorrow and I promise to get some proof posted...

Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend...

Time for some serious unwinding...a couple of shots of 'Ol #7 and some chilled frosties along with a nice stogie to wait for the soon to be here, but short lived cool snap down into the 40's...

Hasta la vista, Dooods...:cool:...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Nice save on the resin GT ! Maybe you work better under pressure ..:lol:
Kinda kinda chilly up here too . Had to put my hoodie on at work today !:snowman::nod:

Trooper82

Commander

Nice save GT!

and what you fellas talking about...cold snap?

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Not that I can point fingers at the "Florida cold snap" because I live in Mississippi... However, I imagine it got down to 65 or so and their toes got kind of cold in their flip flops :).

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Nice save on the resin GT ! Maybe you work better under pressure ..:lol:
Kinda kinda chilly up here too . Had to put my hoodie on at work today !:snowman::nod:

Thanks, I do tend to make things up as I go...;)

Nice save GT!

Thanks Troop.

No really, for us down here it is a cold snap...:whistle:

Not that I can point fingers at the "Florida cold snap" because I live in Mississippi... However, I imagine it got down to 65 or so and their toes got kind of cold in their flip flops :).

Believe it or not, I woke up to a very pleasant 45? this A.M.
Hey, what can I say, I like this cool weather...most Miamians think this is cold...remember, I'm a Yankee transplant, I grew up in N.Y.

OK, enough jibber jabberin...pics of what got accomplished yesterday...next...

Status
Not open for further replies.