Love, Necessity and Pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Re: Love, Necessity and Pride

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the kudos...

Been busy with tons of non-boat stuff, but I did manage to get the lower engine cowling all set...

DSCF2367.jpg

DSCF2364.jpg

and the postman dropped these off in the mailbox...

DSCF2360.jpg

Just a few more big pieces/parts to prep/prime and paint, then closer to some engine put back...

Hope everyone has had a good progress-filled weekend...Hurry up Turkey Day! Yummmm!

Trooper82

Commander

looking good GT....can't wait to see that put together!!

jbcurt00

Staff member

iagree.gif

Great looking progress!
I'd almost be too worried to attempt re-assembly, I drink way too much caffeine to do that with out some paint scars
duh.gif

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

iagree.gif

Great looking progress!
I'd almost be too worried to attempt re-assembly, I drink way too much caffeine to do that with out some paint scars
duh.gif

Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending how you look at it...I get to put together brand spanking new, freshly painted parts on new or almost new cars practically everyday at work, and even with all that "practice"...doo-doo happens...
On those shiny new cars and trucks, we can usually get away with a touch up, if its small enough...
oops.gif
...or a re-paint when it isn't...
bangmyhead.gif

When it comes time to throw this ToP back together, whatever happens...
grin.gif
...happens...I guess they'll just add character and I can call them "battle scars"...

BTW, be glad you don't drink the kind of coffee we drink down here...makes American coffee seem weaker than watered down tea...

CaptainKickback

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending how you look at it...I get to put together brand spanking new, freshly painted parts on new or almost new cars practically everyday at work, and even with all that "practice"...doo-doo happens...
On those shiny new cars and trucks, we can usually get away with a touch up, if its small enough...
oops.gif
...or a re-paint when it isn't...
bangmyhead.gif

When it comes time to throw this ToP back together, whatever happens...
grin.gif
...happens...I guess they'll just add character and I can call them "battle scars"...

BTW, be glad you don't drink the kind of coffee we drink down here...makes American coffee seem weaker than watered down tea...

Love the strong coffee. Bring it on!

Sea ya...

D

Deleted member 340796

Looks like the Devilbiss fits just right in your hand. Great looking work. Now I know I need to get my rude to you before JBC gets you too busy. :D
Those old Devilbiss guns still do a great job.

Just a minute, Ladies first. I will get my Merc over there yet this week if that works for you. LOL You are doing great work there GT. I am psyched, I was able to get a shop manual for my 66 Merc. That should make working on it much easier for me. Your new toy makes me want to go target shooting. Have not been in years. Hope you enjoy your toy GT. Be careful.

Decker83

Commander

Just dropping in to say Hey.. All the paint work looks great. Get that tower of power back together..

Wishing you and your a Happy Thanksgiving Day from the Admiral and me..:D

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

thanksgiving-wallpapers-7-1024x768.gif

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO THE ENTIRE IBOATS COMMUNITY...
GOD BLESS!!!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Same thoughts down your way GT ! I think I am gunna look like grampa Simpson by about 2 o'clock tomorrow !:p

jbcurt00

Staff member

From the Admiral & I to you & yours:
thanksgiving-8-07.gif

May you have a great weekend & enjoy the company of friends & family....

John

D

Deleted member 340796

happy_thanksgiving1.jpg

FROM OUR HOME TO YOURS,

HAPPY THANKSGIVING GT AND FAMILY!!!

I am thankful for my iboat family!

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander

Here's hoping the turkey, beers, and stogies didn't over run too much and you and yours had a great Thanksgiving GT.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Well the feasting has come to an end and I am almost twice my original size...:facepalm:...

4 A.M. Thursday morning...getting the goods ready to smoke...

DSCF2368.jpg

5:30 A.M. "Botoxed", Rubbed, Stacked, Racked and ready to Go...

DSCF2370.jpg

A few hours later...mmmmm, loooooking Gooood...
DSCF2371.jpg

3:30 P.M. Done and ready to head out the In-Laws for some serious pigging out and passing out...
One breast for the in-laws along with half the ribs...The ribs were already stashed in the fridge, the other breast and the other half of the ribs I took to work on Friday for all my co-workers...don't you wish you worked with me...?:p

DSCF2373.jpg

Sorry, no After pics, but you get the idea...

Hope everyone had a wonderful time with family and friends...

Thanks for the well wishes!

Now for some tiny boat news...

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

The only thing I have been working on is trying to get the Intermediate housing separated from the Motor Bracket for the purpose of cleaning, prepping and eventually painting...

This has taken all day and will continue to eat up some more time tomorrow but progress is being made...I need to knock these loose before the two parts come apart...

MotorMountAluminumChunks.jpg

Got too dark to photograph, but I did get one loose and some ideas from the engine forum gurus as to how to "break" the other one free...:rolleyes:

Happy Sunday...

Trooper82

Commander

man!....the eats look very good GT...

As for the parts...those are aluminum bushings? and a rod with threads that stays put? aluminum can be a real pita when it gets corroded or has a part with rust in it..maybe a little heat and some oil?

jbcurt00

Staff member

:whoo:
:horn:

There's been some changes.... :drum:

Enjoy
:jaw:

Status
Not open for further replies.