Love, Necessity and Pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncnjeremy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Love, Necessity and Pride

Yes I like the photo bucket way of uploading. Keeps them all in a album nice and tidy! :)

jbcurt00

Staff member

Been awhile since I harassed ya, been harassing others! And abusing my ebay acct!:facepalm: Got a little of this & that, but stay tuned for a 'new' 650 shorty to be hanging off the back of the FireFlite! May take a bit to take delivery, but deal is done, just gotta go grab it. Santa came early this year. You & Archbuilder can swing by my glacier speed progress thread and bring that good karma back around anytime!

Thanks for the tip.....:D:eek::rolleyes::cool:

I hope to get some demo done between xmas & new years, then its on to pulling the cap. Be a bit for glassing supplies, so going to wait to buy ply too......

Have a great week & holiday season this year!

jbcurt00

Staff member

Hey,
It's not too late to ask Santa or the MRS for some new boat hardware!

If it had been walleye or salmon, I might have posted it to Jasoutside's page..................

EDIT: I should have checked the seller's store, its for sale too!

Wow thats a lot of cleats to sell at $15-25/per:D

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

I can't afford the business, but might have to spring for one of those Bass cleats to use as a hood ornament on my truck...

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Gus:
Just checking in on you... Hope all is well. On the ply issue, not sure if you pulled the trigger, but, FWIW, I spent a small fortune on exterior 3/4" A-C ply from a local, specialty lumbar yard and I have been less than pleased... Its warped as can be; won't dry out and you would have thought I had steam bent some of the pieces into pretzel shape. On the other hand, the Arauco (sp?) I got from Lowe's is dry and flat and took my resin and first little glass lay-up nicely. I think I like it better and its about 10-15 dollars a sheet cheaper.

On other matters, may Santa give you all you need and most of what you want, and may his elves do all of your grinding and glass work.

Peace to you and yours,
Merry Christmas,
Patrick

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Thank you for the kind thoughts, Patrick.
No, I haven't pulled the trigger on any materials yet, or any of my firearms for that matter:eek:, but the arauco ply seems to be the wood of choice so far. Just have to keep watering and fertilizing the 'ol moola tree, and wait for it to bear some fruit...:redface:

Decker83

Commander

Hey GT1

I used the arauco on my transom. It is 94 3/4" wide. The arauco work very well and stayed flat for me. Need to pre coat it with poly because it will drink it in.

Kent

zopperman

Lieutenant Commander

Thank you for the kind thoughts, Patrick.
No, I haven't pulled the trigger on any materials yet, or any of my firearms for that matter:eek:, but the arauco ply seems to be the wood of choice so far. Just have to keep watering and fertilizing the 'ol moola tree, and wait for it to bear some fruit...:redface:

THIS. Arauco is awesome!

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Hey GT1

I used the arauco on my transom. It is 94 3/4" wide. The arauco work very well and stayed flat for me. Need to pre coat it with poly because it will drink it in.

Kent

THIS. Arauco is awesome!

Thanks Kent and Zak, I am going to check out my local lumber yards this weekend and maybe buy myself a sheet of Arauco plywood for Christmas...:facepalm:

Hopefully one of the places not only has heard of this stuff, but actually carries it...

Best wishes for the Holidays, guys!

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

I got my Auruco at Menards but not sure if you have one nearby.

BobsGlasstream

Commander

GT
I hope you had a very Merry Christmas andstill have a Happy and safe New Year too.

Best Wishes
Bob

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

HAPPY NEW YEAR! to the entire Iboats Gang...

Update with photos coming to this forum thread near you soon...Rated G, approved for all audiences...

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Well, here is the much anticipated reveal...
I guess I musta been a pretty good elf this past year cause I got a nice cash gift to help with the Bassassin's resto...
May not seem like much at first, but to put it into perspective...I have been looking at about 3K+plus+ in expenses to put this puppy back in action and I just got a little over a third of the way there, thanks to my Santas...
You are looking at the majority of the plywood necessary to re-string and re-transom the hull, with a bit left over for some of the new deck configuration, a new 0-15 PSI water pressure gauge for my soon to be rebuilt tower of power, a couple of new Stainless Steel, made in the USA, stern eyes, and my soon to be under gunwhale lighting...
The rest of the greenbacks are going towards the down payment on my ToP Rebuild and some fiberglassing supplies...
My neighbor is a Marine Captain with connections to some guys who work at Bertram Yachts, and he is hooking me up with some fiberglass supplies...Might be able to score resin at less than 20 bucks a gallon, CSM and 1708 on the cheap...

All I can say is...
YEAH!
I know this doesn't seem like a lot, but to me it has become the difference between dreaming of getting this restoration going and actually moving forward on it...

As soon as the wood is properly dried out and the 'glass supplies get bought, I'll actually get to doing some real progress on this B!T*h...

Thanks to Jas for the heads up on the lights from Ebay...they switch from red to green to blue to white and almost everything in between...I could Flash back to the seventies Disco era with these lights...:facepalm::rolleyes:

In the mean time, y'all have a safe, prosperous, and healthy New Year!

oops!

Supreme Mariner

Cheers GT...

glad santa was good to you.....and that is a great price on resin and glass.

all the best in 12

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Some guys have ALL the luck!!!:rolleyes: But then again, some Guys deserve it... and you sir, are ONE of those guys!!!! So now I guess barring any health issues, YOU GOT NO EXCUSES to "Git Er Dun!!!!"

Decker83

Commander

GT,
Glad to hear about your good fortune.

May you have this good fortune for all of 2012.

Have a awesome New Year.

kent

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Hey guys thanks for all of the good wishes, right back at y'all...

In looking through my post I realized that none of what I got really existed without the pics to prove it...:eek::facepalm::D

Attachments

• DSCF1446.jpg
    DSCF1446.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF1448.jpg
    DSCF1448.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF1449.jpg
    DSCF1449.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF1450.jpg
    DSCF1450.jpg