Love, Necessity and Pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: Love, Necessity and Pride

Ya know, I kinda like the shag carpet dabbing technique now that I can compare the two.....:p Don't even try...I have changed my address, phone# and Name and am contemplating plastic surgery!!!!!!!

jbcurt00

Staff member

I am so fired up...this thing came out so amazing, that I just had to post a few more out in the daylight...Please, make sure you are wearing appropriate eye protection...:cool:
DSCF2174_zps1247e4cf.jpg

---------------------------------- nada ------------------- zip ---------------------------------------------

Words continue you to escape me. That's ^^^ something right up there.

Just 1 step short of that liquid chrome stuff that's out now. Man, she's good looking, even down side up:D

The paint's good, the painter's even better but the prep makes it all perfect!

What's the plan for the below the rubrail areas that didn't get paint this go around? The graphic swoosh & etc?

As great as this turned out, are you planning on using this paint on the cap too?

Never been so happy for someone & had hull envy this bad before. Breaking new ground, GT.

And absolutely new ground with that hull & paint too!

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Ya know, I kinda like the shag carpet dabbing technique now that I can compare the two.....:p Don't even try...I have changed my address, phone# and Name and am contemplating plastic surgery!!!!!!!

LMAO...

---------------------------------- nada ------------------- zip ---------------------------------------------

Words continue you to escape me. That's ^^^ something right up there.

Just 1 step short of that liquid chrome stuff that's out now. Man, she's good looking, even down side up:D

The paint's good, the painter's even better but the prep makes it all perfect!

What's the plan for the below the rubrail areas that didn't get paint this go around? The graphic swoosh & etc?

As great as this turned out, are you planning on using this paint on the cap too?

Never been so happy for someone & had hull envy this bad before. Breaking new ground, GT.

And absolutely new ground with that hull & paint too!

You have me in stitches, I am laughing so hard...

Makes it hard to type...

Yeah, I am kind of sticking to the original MS Paint rendering...sort of, maybe a couple of tweaks here and there...I'll have to wait till it is cured and flipped back over to see how it is all going to come together...

But, don't worry, I'll be looking to you guys for approval or disapproval of any schemes I come up with...

I gotta tell you's guys, I am still in total awe at how good this tub has come out...in person it is like a liquid plastic coating that always looks wet...

After all is said and done, I don't know if it was the prep work, the quality of the paint, or the artistry with which it was applied, but it has made everything up to this point well worth all the effort...

I don't know how well it is going to hold up to the upcoming use and abuse, but I will always have these pictures to remind me of how good it looked...

Now, unfortunately, for good measure, I am in a wickedly unhealthy waiting period of at least a week before I can do much of anything else, and I just know that it is going to be driving me crazy...

The only thing I have to look forward to, is the wax job that I am going to give it before the BIG flip and maybe a few minor little things that I can accomplish until it is sitting back on its ride...

Until then, may you all have fun, productive days...

I will be spending most of my free time just sitting in the back yard staring and hanging out here on the Forum...;)

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

GT you are gunna blind the fish with this hull ! All the prep work really paid off ! I,ll bet the cars you sand turn out just as good .. Let your painter bud know he,s got the Iboats crew seal of approval !
Now go enjoy that stogie . I,ll bet you already got the drink in hand and your feet propped up on the trailer tongue admiring the bow ...

jbcurt00

Staff member

bassassinpaintidea5_zps6e394268.jpg

This ^^^ I like, but I'm not sure it's going to translate well w/ the silver:
DSCF2172_zps88f4edd1.jpg

cause this ^^^ is, wow, still no adjectives good enough come to mind:facepalm:

I actually don't even want to you mess up all that greatness w/ reg & #'s :eek:

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

This is where I'm thinking at right now...

uptonow_zps36ac42a3.png

Give or take a few Paint brush strokes...;)

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

And even though I would have to buy more paint...

I came up with these other two color combos...

uptonow2_zpsc33a8b5e.png

uptonow1_zps2b654192.png

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions...:facepalm:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

I'd help ya out but picking hull color and batt placement are equally challenging for this here boat builder (embarrassing). Sorry dood!

jbcurt00

Staff member

Maybe a blue, but it'd have to be the right blue, and I'm not sure that blue's even close...

Black? Does the accent color/swoosh need to be in a similar pearl-essence?

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

I'd help ya out but picking hull color and batt placement are equally challenging for this here boat builder (embarrassing). Sorry dood!

I completely understand, Bro...but when it comes to placing the cup holders...I'm counting on ya...

jbcurt00

Staff member

It's most definitely a glitter boat now :D

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Maybe a blue, but it'd have to be the right blue, and I'm not sure that blue's even close...

Black? Does the accent color/swoosh need to be in a similar pearl-essence?

Yeah, I know what you mean...that's just the MS Paint standard blue...and No, I'm thinking simple solid color with the black separation stripe...???

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Kind of like this, if I was going blue-ish...

uptonow3_zps995caa14.png

Maybe even a bit more Navy...

Or, starting to get crazy here...

uptonow4_zpsfb885948.png

Nah...:facepalm:...maybe a bit too extreme...

???:confused:???

PS- the darker Green is more like the color I already have...the lighter green is just what was in MS Paint...

jbcurt00

Staff member

Yeah, I know what you mean...that's just the MS Paint standard blue...and No, I'm thinking simple solid color with the black separation stripe...???

How do you feel about 2tone? I really like the way that side looks, any chance you can add some blue or black to the silver, shoot the swoosh & add a seperating pinstripe in a solid black.....

You did manage to get hear w/out a great deal of aid from me :confused: So it'll be great, however you proceed ;)

Got a week to spitball. I tend toward over regurgitating ideas, and then sorting it out after it's all over the floor :facepalm:

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

How do you feel about 2tone? I really like the way that side looks, any chance you can add some blue or black to the silver, shoot the swoosh & add a seperating pinstripe in a solid black.....

You did manage to get hear w/out a great deal of aid from me :confused: So it'll be great, however you proceed ;)

Got a week to spitball. I tend toward over regurgitating ideas, and then sorting it out after it's all over the floor :facepalm:

Hmmmm, that's a thought...regurgitate away...I like your thought process...add a hint of blue and maybe black to the silver...thinking, thinking...OK, I need another frosty cold one...this is fun...

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

This is what thinking does to your brain...

uptonow5_zps9b294c9e.png

Don't blame me if this becomes a "where do I put my batteries" debaucle...

jbcurt00

Staff member

Hmmmm, that's a thought...regurgitate away...I like your thought process...add a hint of blue and maybe black to the silver...thinking, thinking...OK, I need another frosty cold one...this is fun...

As an official 'I'm not a painter', I wasn't sure but a hint of both blue & black was actually my 1st thought :eek: that's funny... Wouldn't even need but a touch of each in a hvlp gun pot volume of paint. The gray is pretty good to though

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

As an official 'I'm not a painter', I wasn't sure but a hint of both blue & black was actually my 1st thought :eek: that's funny... Wouldn't even need but a touch of each in a hvlp gun pot volume of paint. The gray is pretty good to though

The gray is actually my feeble attempt at adding a bit of blue/black to the silver by way of MS Paint...although Gray is in the mix, too...:facepalm:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Throw a Burgundy Wine on there, I think you'll like it. I had a 70's Dodge Maxi Van Painted Wine and Burgundy. I loved that thing and got lots of compliments on it.

Trooper82

Commander

I can see it now......

Gus in the Bass assassin' in the Big O...full moon shining chop in the water from a light wind...and the refraction of moon beams being bounced through the waves to the underside of the boat...making an inverted lighthouse effect under water...and bass for miles around staring in awe and amzement at what they see....

Damn that looks nice Gus! Congrats man....all that work has paid off 10 foold for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.