Love, Necessity and Pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Re: Love, Necessity and Pride

Life is, thank goodness, treating me well...I certainly hope the same for you and yours...
As a matter of fact, my build has been on the back burner, precisely because life has been keeping me quite busy...:juggle::eek:nthego:
Coincidentally, I have planned on some progress this upcoming weekend, if the weather holds out and ... this is something I rarely, if ever, hope for... it stays warm...:facepalm:
More to come as soon as there is more to post...:pop2:
:madgrin:

jbcurt00

Staff member

Looking forward to seeing the weekend progress. If only to see pix of boat work & sunshine (just sunshine would be ok at this point) :watermelon:

Nice to see ya all the same.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Life does seem to get in the way more often than not ..
Been cold for a few days up here . Supposed to be in the mid 70's Saturday and warmer Sunday . So you just might need some sunscreen down there this weekend .. :joyous:

Decker83

Commander

Good to hear from you.. Hope you have a great weekend Gus..:drum:

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

First of all, as requested, here are a couple of early morning sunrise pics for all the Winter weary Iboaters, ...
A balmy 71 degrees at about 7:15 AM...

And now the real reason for this post...

The "Bassassin" has been FOAMED!

I didn't take any pictures with the digital camera...except for the two sunrise pics above...

Instead I shot a boat load of video with my GoPro...

Unfortunately, while I have a ton of video...I am still quite the noob at editing and producing, plus my 'puter is not exactly geared up for this kind of stuff and literally takes forever to compile a halfway decent video...

AND THEN...

I spent most of the day, Sunday, trying to get the video sorted out, only to find out that the editing program I was using is NOT 100% compatible with GoPro videos and refuses to upload parts of the videos into the editor...:doh:...:frusty:...:smash:...

Soooooo,

I am in the long, slow process of downloading an editing program from GoPro, and as soon as I "learn" it, I will make another attempt to produce a halfway decent video of my trials and tribulations encountered during Saturday's foaming mission...

I completely understand that without some form of visual evidence, the foaming that I say took place, will continue to be a figment of my imagination until I can produce such evidence that backs up my claim...

Till then, it's good to finally be moving forward again on this project and I hope everyone has had a good weekend of boat fun!

:D

jbcurt00

Staff member

Thanks for the warm sunrise pix. It's been mid 40's & raining most of the weekend, then snowing tonight since 6p
:facepalm:
A certain overweight pennsylvanian rat had better lay low until deep into spring. We've issued a termination order for Phil, six more weeks, jeez.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Ahh to live in Florida ! Warmed up good here but a little foggy in the morning .
I still have to figure my GoPro downloading procedure out also . Took the boat out me and Chris for a bit today .
Glad ya got the foam in today ! :cool:

zool

Captain

And were getting creamed again tomorrow here, another pile of snow!

When you say "foamed"...do you mean a 2 part pour, or a hops and barley pour? :D

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

So. So what if it's sunny and 70 where you are.

And for your information, the sun come up here too, I saw it yesterday, so that's not all that special.

Yah, so, ok, you go on about your sunny and 70 weather, it's fine, whatever.

(that must be really nice, rats:blue:)

saginawbayboater

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Actually It's sunny and 17 right now!! Not to shabby, because is was -3 at daybreak. It's a heat wave. looking forward to your vid's GT:peep:

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Congrats on the foam-age. I can't wait to see the flicks...

That's a huge step!

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Sometimes the easiest stuff to use is right under our noses...
I have a GoPro camera, so why not check the GoPro website for a possible video editing program...
Vwalaa! Sure enough they have a free download editor that works a million times better than the one I was using previously and actually makes it fun and intuitive to edit and produce a video...
The one thing that is out of my control is the enormous amount of time it takes to upload the video to YouTube.
When YouTube says it is going to take 837 minutes to upload, accept it and walk away...then again a large part of that is my inexperienced noobness...the vid is a little over 20 minutes long...:facepalm:
Oh Well, it ain't no Scorsese, Coppola or De Laurentiis Film and it sure as heck ain't gonna win no awards, it might even be a bit long in the tooth, but right here, right now...in all of its glory...is the video production of the Bassassin's Foam Day...
Grab some :pop2: and your favorite :ranger: and Enjoy...

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Thanks mercurymang, I think i got it Public now...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.