kerry's the best choice

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Re: kerry's the best choice

Hey 12Footer,<br /><br />You mis-understood my post. You and I are on the same side of the fence and I was giving you support. Guess my post didn't make that clear.<br /><br />Mark.

1730V

Chief Petty Officer

How many remember that Kerrys biggest supporter is George Soros. Soros was the owner of OMC and ran them into the ground putting thousands out of work.

woodrat

Ensign

pointer:<br /><br />self criticism and honest self evaluation does not mean self loathing. The hubris, arrogance, fanaticism and imperial ambitions of this administration make ME sick.<br /><br />way back in may of last year W declared "mission acomplished" with a big banner and a bunko photo op on a carrier. if the mission was accomplished, why the heck are we still over there? truth is, the mission won't be accomlished until we install an operational client government who will do what we say with the oil contracts. That's why we are there. And any "leader" who has tried to make some other excuse is just lying. <br /><br />Saddam has been a thug for the whole time he's been there, and that has never mettered to us.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

that dang crab and his trolls! :p <br /><br />JasonJ, re-read My post buddy. I think it's a<br />legitimate reason not silly "high school" BS.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Mellow, your alright in my book, but its high school bs, all of it. Or, maybe I should clarify. It is overly dramatic high school bs. If a person truely believes that the country is going to fall into an over taxed over governed living nightmare because Kerry wins they need to climb back into their bomb shelter and hug their rebel flag. Clinton was a "unique" president, I'll admit that, but I just don't seem to remember all that pure suffering people think the dems bring on. I seem to remember a lot of people getting rich, the nation doing quite well by itself despite have a dem pull two terms. I know the right wing extremists would have you believe it was an awful time, but I remember the jobless, hopeless economical deficit ridden nightmare known as the 80s. If you have ever gone without food or lived in a car, it gives you a different perspective than always having money does. Lets face it, there is a core grouping of Bush supporters here who are dedicated to and will always be dedicated to the president. That is fine. Then there is the periferal group that are hopping on the bandwagon so that they aren't ostricized by the cool kids. That is a large part of the high school bs I refer to. I still like the people on here that I like, no matter who they are voting for, I just get so dissapointed sometimes with the behavior I see. I have higher expectations of this group of intelligent folks, and when they drop to levels that are best left on MTV, I get worried. Anyway, it'll be over soon, very soon, and we can get back to the important business of wondering what the heck us northern boaters will do during the boring winter months....

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

hey 12'er, could you please edit them posts with<br />trade center and delete the pics? point has been<br />made and is hard for me to see them... even harder<br />for a few members I think.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

to stay on MY point JJ, it's about how to best<br />deal with our domestic problems. we got problems<br />in this country, no doubt... but how do you try<br />to solve them?<br />(put Iraq etc. aside 4 a moment PLEASE!)<br /><br />I really think the fed. gov't could ruin a wet dream!<br />I could do a much, much better job of deciding the<br />best way to take care of my family's needs. I rue<br />the day that I have no control, and in fact will<br />vote against it's approach. <br />it's that simple to me at least... less gov't or<br />more gov't? My gonna chose less.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by Mark42:<br /> Hey 12Footer,<br /><br />You mis-understood my post. You and I are on the same side of the fence and I was giving you support. Guess my post didn't make that clear.<br /><br />Mark.
I was addressing the other Mark, Mark... (that wood be "wouldrat").<br />I appologise for the confusion. My bad.

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Theodore Rosevelt<br /><br />The things that will destroy America are <br />prosperity at any price, <br />peace at any price, <br />safety first instead of duty first, <br />the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life.<br />
I know I'm an outsider, but I can't help thinking how relevant the above statement is to today's situation. Years of "soft living" and avoiding hard decisions have produced the dangerous situation the world is in now. Bush and his administration have had to be the first to face up to this new and dangerous world and do the hard yards. They've done a good job of a very difficult situation and I back them for that.

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by woodrat:<br />
Originally posted by POINTER94:<br /> <br /><br />How many people did saddam kill, rape, gas, torture and maim while we stood idly by for 30 years? <br /><br />As far as abortion goes, many polls have shown that most americans think that it should be safe, legal and RARE. Why does the party of smaller, less intrusive government always seem to be wanting to impose its various "moral" imperatives on the rest of us by fiat?
30 years, you say? So this whole thing is about getting Bush out of office, but you say it has been going on for 30 years? Why all of a sudden is it Bush's fault? Simply because he decided it was finally time, after thousands of our fellow americans that somebody went to work with every day, ate lunch / dinner with every day, bought birthday presents for, had anniversaries with, were wiped out in a moment, to fight back? Yep, that sure seems to make him a child killer, huh?<br /><br />And, if noone helps decide what moral finer this country should adapt, the whole thing is going to h*e*l*l in a handbasket!!! All the homosexuals and lesbians is just a samll entry into the marriage laws...just a small amount of rights. Abortionists (who by the way kill way more innocents weekly than have been killed in teh entire Iraq conflict) just want a few small laws passed to approve their bloodthirst of killing. Oh yeah, let a woman go out on a night of fun, meet a man who has the same lustss she shares, and in a moment they have created something neither wanted to begin with...so KILL IT!!!!!!!! Right?<br /><br />The decision to make a law to provide moral fiber was made a long time ago...itwas handed to Moses on stone tablets!!! By ONE individual at that.

1730V

Chief Petty Officer

Revised. It is not worth it.

crab bait

Captain

Originally posted by mellowyellow:<br /> that dang crab and his trolls! :p <br /><br /><br />.
well,, i guess i don't do it to much ( leastways hope i don't ) but when i do,, it's a DOOZY..<br /><br />well, it's close to 8 o'clock.. poll closing time..<br /><br />i just had to do what i had to do.. to get kerry in office.. not so much i like kerry.. mostly cause i don't like bush , period.. i don't like were he's takin' us domesticly an internationally .. i don't like his policies ..there's not much i do like about his whole adminastration..<br /><br />but mostly it's because the democrats butter my bread..<br /><br /> i'm in a labor union an the GOP, would like nothing better than to 'bust' unions..always have .. an especially 'this' bush..<br /><br />were as the democrats are usaully on labors side ,for the most part ( except for nafta ) they are pretty good to me.. <br /><br />i gotta go with who butters my bread..<br /><br />may the best man win.. AMEN..

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

That's where Kerry will get the majority of his votes, from people like you, CB, who hate Bush to the point of wanting to vote him out of office.<br />I hope the margin is wide enough to reunite the country.

1730V

Chief Petty Officer

Hate is a very powerful tool.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Well, I have to admit ---If Lieberman was in Kerry's position now, I'd probably have stayed home. Bush made a new layer of beurocracy to keep fed, prescription meds from my taxes, when I cannot afford my own, and I could go on. But he is still not a traitor or a flip/flopper.

phatmanmike

Captain

Originally posted by mellowyellow:<br /> hey 12'er, could you please edit them posts with<br />trade center and delete the pics? point has been<br />made and is hard for me to see them... even harder<br />for a few members I think.

woodrat

Ensign

Originally posted by 12Footer:<br />. Yuo have yet to see this war end. It will surely, IMHO, escallate to theaters around world. I fear we haven't seen anythying yet. <br /><br />You and Mark seem to think that a smart bomb can distinguish between friendly and terrorist or something.<br /><br />I don't want to continue a meaningless explanation of things you cannot grasp, like what war is. But in short, you need t6o support the effort. When you encourage the terrorists by posting what murdering basterdz we are, it kills more friendlys ,a number that is impossible to seperate from the number of body bags there would be otherwise. I know. I saw it happen in the 70's.<br /><br />You will not go unanswered this time. We have too much to loose, and I can't face the loss of American soldiers for no purpose.<br /> [/QB]
Well, we agree on a few things anyway, 12. This war is just the beginning. The neocons have plenty more in store before we've acheived the level of empire that they are looking for.<br /><br />And no I don't think a "smart" bomb (what a dumb name!) can distinguish between friendlies and hostiles. that was my point. We kill lots of innocents whenever we go to war and we just prefer not to look at that or talk about it. You seem to think that as long as we are at war, then no honesty about our failings and hypocrisies are to be permitted. Hubris and pride only! And you would go so far as to say that anyone who engages in self criticism is killing more american soldiers, that we all have to get behind the effort even if we think its totally wrong. yet I hear almost NOTHING from the war supporters condemning the actions of american soldiers at abu ghraib even though that certainly did more damage to our "cause" than my critiques here.<br /><br />I will not go "unanswered this time"? What the heck is that supposed to mean? I never seem to go unanswered here...<br /><br />we do indeed have a lot to lose, and I believe we are losing some of it every day. I don't think either presidential hopeful will change that.

woodrat

Ensign

Originally posted by spratt:<br />
Originally posted by woodrat:<br />
Originally posted by POINTER94:<br /> <br /><br />How many people did saddam kill, rape, gas, torture and maim while we stood idly by for 30 years? <br /><br />As far as abortion goes, many polls have shown that most americans think that it should be safe, legal and RARE. Why does the party of smaller, less intrusive government always seem to be wanting to impose its various "moral" imperatives on the rest of us by fiat?
30 years, you say? So this whole thing is about getting Bush out of office, but you say it has been going on for 30 years? Why all of a sudden is it Bush's fault? Simply because he decided it was finally time, after thousands of our fellow americans that somebody went to work with every day, ate lunch / dinner with every day, bought birthday presents for, had anniversaries with, were wiped out in a moment, to fight back? Yep, that sure seems to make him a child killer, huh?<br /><br />And, if noone helps decide what moral finer this country should adapt, the whole thing is going to h*e*l*l in a handbasket!!! All the homosexuals and lesbians is just a samll entry into the marriage laws...just a small amount of rights. Abortionists (who by the way kill way more innocents weekly than have been killed in teh entire Iraq conflict) just want a few small laws passed to approve their bloodthirst of killing. Oh yeah, let a woman go out on a night of fun, meet a man who has the same lustss she shares, and in a moment they have created something neither wanted to begin with...so KILL IT!!!!!!!! Right?<br /><br />The decision to make a law to provide moral fiber was made a long time ago...itwas handed to Moses on stone tablets!!! By ONE individual at that.
I never said that the last 30 years of saddam accommodation was bush's fault. I said that we as a nation and a government have no morally superior position about saddam because we have accommodated his thuggery for years, through many administrations of both parties. That is a fact. So is the fact that the VP, as CEO of halliburton, was doing business with this thug up until the late 90's. That is hypocrisy.<br /><br />I would never have thought that the party of small government would be looking to the government for "moral fiber". Guess I was wrong, huh?

SCO

Lieutenant

KIWIsays: " Years of "soft living" and avoiding hard decisions have produced the dangerous situation the world is in now."<br /><br />That is sooooo correct, and I add not only wrt foreign policy, but the people have gone soft too. People today seem to think we can live in a bubble and put it all off till tomorrow. This election was a close call. Do your job W, and let's settle this so that we can depolarize by the next election.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Bush won the majority vote 51%, the electoral college, and the total vote. The first time since 1988. Guess he has got a mandate...