Just a reminder that summer will be here soon...

aspeck

Staff member
It was about 70 degrees last Thursday. Then 2 days of pouring rain. Sunday the wind was whipping and it was near white out conditions ... ground turned white ... Today this sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, and it is getting close to 60 degrees already ... Yep, this is near Spring in Central PA!

rxl650

Petty Officer 3rd Class
It was about 70 degrees last Thursday. Then 2 days of pouring rain. Sunday the wind was whipping and it was near white out conditions ... ground turned white ... Today this sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, and it is getting close to 60 degrees already ... Yep, this is near Spring in Central PA!
Sounds like the same weather as here in Ontario. Last half of March is calling for alot of below freezing temps and snow.

matt167

Captain
My wife loves winter. Got upset when we were sitting on the step last night and I noted that the grass is turning green and it was going to be time for the lawn mowing soon

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Spring is here…daffodils and forsythia in bloom and the silver maples have budded. Fields and yard greening up nicely.

Walked the back fields with the dog yesterday. Kicked up a flock of 5 toms. Had never encountered a white (smoke) turkey before.

sangerwaker

Commander
Spring is here…daffodils and forsythia in bloom and the silver maples have budded. Fields and yard greening up nicely.

Walked the back fields with the dog yesterday. Kicked up a flock of 5 toms. Had never encountered a white (smoke) turkey before.
Mmmm. Smoked turkey. 🦃 🤣

tphoyt

Ensign

I have never seen one before either only heard about them. But I did see a white Peacock once. Beautiful bird. And I found this deer in my yard awhile back.

Attachments

• IMG_1234.png
    IMG_1234.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 9

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I have never seen one before either only heard about them. But I did see a white Peacock once. Beautiful bird. And I found this deer in my yard awhile back.
Piebald..... Cool.....

aspeck

Staff member

Monday while delivering meals to elderly "shut-ins" I encountered small flock of very young turkeys. I have seen pheasants bigger than these birds. Really surprised me for this time of year ... too small to be last year's birds and too small to be this years birds ... I guess the early warm weather really messed with their mom and dad's timing!:eek:

FLATHEAD

Commander
Had this yearling piebald in my sites several times this archery season. No way was I letting loose an arrow on her. Kinda freakish with petite front and big hindquarters.

Attachments

• 90ede0c7-df2a-4181-b898-90b5a8ecfd35 3.jpg
    90ede0c7-df2a-4181-b898-90b5a8ecfd35 3.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 12

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
We've had turkeys in our yard a few times lately. Very unusual. Then again, there's a major housing development going on nearby and they're likely being crowded out.
Turkeys 3Mar24.jpg

rxl650

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Had a great morning on the water a couple days ago. For the next week we have daytime highs of freezing and below with 10" of snow forecasted.

Attachments

• 20240313_081355.jpg
    20240313_081355.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4

The Force power

Commander
Happy Easter and may the warm weather come soon (for some of us that don't have it)
I'm tired of waiting

matt167

Captain
Going out fishing on my dad’s boat next weekend.. behind my work is a very large reservoir pond that I think is fire department water access. But it’s huge. Big enough that waves will come up on a windy day. Makes me itch to get out.