Just a reminder that summer will be here soon...

nola mike

Vice Admiral
And I have a million things to do to get everything ready. But today was too nice to waste being productive. Skiff started on the very first pull after a couple of months of rest. I was so surprised I didn't know what to do (the battery was very dead).

IMG_20240303_152301.jpg

matt167

Captain
60* here too. Checked the webcam for the closest lake and there is still a little bit of ice in the water. Otherwise I would have grabbed the boat this weekend but its also supposed to be 55* and rainy

airshot

Rear Admiral
I thought about it, 75 here today, played in the boat for a few hours getting things ready, but colder, crappy weather comming....glad when summer finally gets here !

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
-27 tonight, and 8 inches of Snow a couple of Days ago, but it has been a mild Winter

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
It went above freezing today, the AC kicked on, good it can dehumidify.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Here was our feb report. Most any month there are days good enough to be out.

1710064227682.png

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Meanwhile in my corner of the world, this was the view from my back door yesterday morning after 80cm of new snow.......

Attachments

• IMG_0874.jpg
    IMG_0874.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 8

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Meanwhile in my corner of the world, this was the view from my back door yesterday morning after 80cm of new snow.......
Disgusting Stuff. Spinning Tires, skidding around Corners, sliding into parked Cars. I hate Winter.

tphoyt

Ensign
It’s almost over.
But saying that I just remembered years ago maybe 97’ we had over 2’ of the white stuff on April 1st. Ya just never know what Mother Nature has planned for us.

rxl650

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Woke up this morning to a few inches of white stuff on everything. Did the clocks ahead an hour or the calender go back a month?

FLATHEAD

Commander
Disgusting Stuff. Spinning Tires, skidding around Corners, sliding into parked Cars. I hate Winter.
I never minded it near as much when I was younger. But I’ve developed a real hatred of winter over the years. If it wasn’t for the grandkids being in this area I’d have moved south when I retired.

Reactions: KJM

Yegboats

Chief Petty Officer
-27 tonight, and 8 inches of Snow a couple of Days ago, but it has been a mild Winter
It's been nice! I think we're having nice weather for the boatshow too. Are you going this year?

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
It's been nice! I think we're having nice weather for the boatshow too. Are you going this year?
Boats are gonna get covered in Salt, as the City has been applying that Car Rot stuff pretty thick this year on the Yellowhead, My Red Caddy is White, I'm not happy

Last edited:

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
It’s almost over.
But saying that I just remembered years ago maybe 97’ we had over 2’ of the white stuff on April 1st. Ya just never know what Mother Nature has planned for us.
This happened one night near the end of April in 85, Car is running
img493a.jpgimg291.jpg

It was about a foot - foot and a half deep. I was able to drive thru it with that One Wheel Drive Olds. Took about two hours of Driving to get most of the Snow off the Engine

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Took the boat into town to fuel it up and vacuum it out, first boat ride of 2024 this week in central Minnesota.

briangcc

Commander
This happened one night near the end of April in 85, Car is running
View attachment 395323View attachment 395322

It was about a foot - foot and a half deep. I was able to drive thru it with that One Wheel Drive Olds. Took about two hours of Driving to get most of the Snow off the Engine
My dad did that with Mom's Chevelle. Got towed out by a farmer on his tractor. Once thawed out in the local mechanic's garage, ran flawlessly till he sold it.