I really want to understand

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander
Re: I really want to understand

083681.gif
<br /><br />LF ... good link!<br /><br />too much to list and ... not enough time! <br /><br /> <br />
1dzte

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

I'm voting for Bush! Thanks Boomyal. And to all of you who replied, thank you so much. I've learned alot.<br />Bassy

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> You summed it up very nicely but gee whiz LF, you're gonna start being accused of sounding like me. ;) But hey, that's not so bad. Maybe together we can cut thru to those generations who have been taught what to think.<br /><br />ps. great link
Totally Agree <br />But LadyFish my question is this:<br />Why didn't you just jump in like on the first post and say that? Would have stopped about 30+ posts ;)

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> There are at least 3 issues that make it imperative that President Bush be relected:<br /><br />1) The War on Terrorism. Kerry would abandon the War on Terrorism and endanger the lives of millions, if not tens-of-milions, of Americans.<br /><br />2) The Economy. Thanks to the Bush tax cuts, the economy has made a remarkable recovery from the Clinton Recession in which 3 million more Americans are employed than when Bush took office and in which the economy is growing at at least a 4.6% rate. Kerry would raise taxes, reverse that economic expansion, and drive us into another recession, or worse.<br /><br />3) The Judiciary. In the next 4 years, there will be at least 3 and maybe as many as 5 vacancies on the Supreme Court, including the Chief Justice. President Bush will nominate strict-constructionist constitutionalist to the Court. Kerry would pack the Court with extreme leftists who would all but destroy the Constitution.<br /><br />You have a great opportunity to help prevent Kerry from destroying our nation by casting your vote for George W. Bush. Don't squander that opportunity by wasting your vote.<br /><br /> Maybe you should see this<br /><br />On the other hand, the left has been very successful in the following:<br /><br />They have succeeded in getting our senior citizens dependent on the government. They have made slaves of the African Americans. They have convinced millions of Americans that Republicans are evil. They have successfully convinced millions of Americans that oil is evil, that big business is evil. That God is evil.<br /><br />They've taught young Americans that perverted sexual lifestyles are OK.<br /><br />Indoctrinated an entire generation in WHAT to think rather than HOW to think.<br /><br />The left has successfuly taught that left is good, right is bad; good is wrong, and whatever feels good is good mentality, and taught irresponsibility in the home and in public, that one should not have to take responsibility for ones actions, that society is at fault and will take the blame for ones own irresponsible actions and pay for it al irregardless. <br /><br />Thank God we can still make a choice.
I find almost everything in your post to be BS. Just baseless claims really. When did Kerry ever say he was going to stop the War on Terrorism? The only real thing I've ever heard him say about it is that GW isn't doing a good enough job. Blame, blame, blame...thats the name of the game.<br /><br />GWB is the only president since Hoover to have a net LOSS of jobs in his Presidency. And our economy couldn't have been too bad under Clinton, there was a Surplus for the first time in a long time. Remember that? Being educated is the key. Read up on the issues. The fact is that GW has been the worst President in 70 years when it comes to job growth. <br /><br />Here's a job growth chart.<br /><br />Job Growth Under Bush Set to Be Worst in 70 Years<br />Bush on track to be first president since Herbert Hoover to end his term with fewer jobs than when he started.<br />(Average Monthly Growth in Employment During Presidency) <br /><br />
chart_jobgrowth.gif
<br /> <br /> <br />Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics <br /><br />Please base your claims on facts. I've done my best to do so.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Bassy:<br /> I'm voting for Bush! Thanks Boomyal. And to all of you who replied, thank you so much. I've learned alot.<br />Bassy
Now Bassy, do we need to go to work on Mr. Bassy?<br /> :D <br /><br />BTW, mrbscott19 suffers from selective observations and use of charts that show averages based on a recession inherited from Bill Clinton. There are now, more people working than at any time in history. <br /><br />And lest he brings up job loss due to the evil corporate job outsourcing, check out how many foreign employees Hienz Corporation has.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Where did Kerry say he was giving up the fight on terrorism? THE MOMENT HE MENTIONED GETTING THE UN INVOLVED! Come on, wake up man. Besides, what can you possibly expect from someone that comes home from Vietnam and then starts calling his buddies still on the front line baby killers. Seriously, think about it.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

John Kerry, on the isues: "Bahoogawaga! Bahoogawaga!"<br /><br />He offers no specifics. All he can do is try and trash Bush and try to incite class warfare.<br /><br />Oh yeah, he also says "I went to Vietnam."<br /><br />It will be interseting to see what is dug up about Kerry and his adventures in Vietnam between now and November!<br /><br />"Bahoogawaga!"<br /><br /><br />-dd-

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

GOOD BYE IBOATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

oddjob

Commander

Dont Jump! :eek: Capt. Mike ....you got so much to live forrrrrrrrr.....................<br /><br />................THUD!...<br /><br /> :rolleyes: Now see what YOU all did?

LadyFish

Admiral

Luna Sea, stick around, there are plenty of other subjects to talk about in DC, too bad this is the first one you decided to read and/or respond to.<br /> <br />And, mrbscott19. It only goes to prove that no one in power will ever be perfect. But we have to vote for a candidate that we feel matches our ideals the best. We also have to research intelligently without trusting the media to steer us in one direction or another. It's our responsiblity as an American.<br /><br />Without political discussions we are left to believe the media and not think for ourselves. I firmly believe these discussions do accomplish something. They allow you to exercise your right as an American to voice your opinion and help you understand why other people arrive at theirs.

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

That was supposed to be a joke! Seems everytime things go political, someone types in their good byes. :rolleyes: <br /><br />Yer not getting rid of me that easy..... :D :D :D

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by mrbscott19:<br /> I find almost everything in your post to be BS. Just baseless claims really. When did Kerry ever say he was going to stop the War on Terrorism? The only real thing I've ever heard him say about it is that GW isn't doing a good enough job. Blame, blame, blame...thats the name of the game.
<br /><br />What Kerry said was, if and when he is president, he would give control of the United States military to the United Nations. Frankly, Scott, I would much rather he simply pull our forces out of Iraq in total, than to have our brave men and women subjected to following French orders!<br />Also, Kerry did indead say he would "concentrate such operations in Afghanistan". Umm..Terrorists live in Fort Myers, Florida too. This doesn't mean the Air Force will be dropping any bunker-busters here.<br /><br />
Originally posted by mrbscott19:<br /><br />GWB is the only president since Hoover to have a net LOSS of jobs in his Presidency. And our economy couldn't have been too bad under Clinton, there was a Surplus for the first time in a long time. Remember that? Being educated is the key. Read up on the issues. The fact is that GW has been the worst President in 70 years when it comes to job growth. <br />
<br />One word for ya, bscot ..CARTER<br />Somehow I survived those days.<br /><br /><br />
Originally posted by mrbscott19:<br /><br />Job Growth Under Bush Set to Be Worst in 70 Years<br />Bush on track to be first president since Herbert Hoover to end his term with fewer jobs than when he started.<br /><br />Please base your claims on facts. I've done my best to do so.
BS source, if it leaves Jimmy Carter out.I wouldn't quit researching yet, if I were you.<br /><br /> Economic history lesson

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Now Bassy, do we need to go to work on Mr. Bassy?<br />
No, he's been Pro Bush all the time. He's just become more anti-Kerry during the last month or so.<br />Bassy

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Bassy:<br />
Now Bassy, do we need to go to work on Mr. Bassy?<br />
No, he's been Pro Bush all the time. He's just become more anti-Kerry during the last month or so.<br />Bassy
Mr Bassy sounds like a real sensitive guy. ;) You must be one lucky gal. :D

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

I am, Boomyal. I am one lucky gal for sure. <br />Bassy

rudeafrican

Petty Officer 1st Class

Who said we need the rest of the world's help? We've been able ot do a darn good job in Iraq with only the Brits help. As long as the rest of the world keeps looking, we can do the killing. After all, it is Americans that they hate, not the rest of the world. And remember who was in office when that hate built up. Your beloved Slick Willie. <br /><br />Just from a very interested outsider looking in, read this article and see why you do need the rest of the world covering your backs. These scum mentioned here were targeting tourist spots frequented by US tourists. At any given time the US has 100's of 1000 citizens in foreign countries for either work or tourist activities.<br /> Pakistan arrests Al Queda terrorists

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

One word for ya, bscot ..CARTER<br />Somehow I survived those days.<br /><br /><br />Sorry, but I provided a graph that clearly shows Carter did much better with jobs than GW did. Carter had a net gain on jobs, something GW does not have. If you have a problem with it, then talk to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Numbers don't lie.

oddjob

Commander

After all, it is Americans that they hate, not the rest of the world. And remember who was in office when that hate built up. Your beloved Slick Willie. <br />
In Slick willies defence.....it started long before that....I witnessed the hatred first hand when I was stationed in Spain (1983) and visited in Morrocco. Very anti american there...didnt understand why...I do now....Islam....

oddjob

Commander

Numbers don't lie.
yes they do, its calleed statistics 101.....scott I have a feeling you were not even born until after the Carter Admin.

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

Numbers may not lie mrbscott, but that doesn't mean they mean what they are falsely or incorrectly represented to mean. You are choosing which ones you want to believe. Oddjob MUST be right. You must not have been around then. I don't know anyone who would have called that good times.<br /><br />When will you ever understand that world events (like the Great Depression, WWII, Korean war, Vietnam, the oil crisis, & 9/11 for example) have a HUGE impact on our economy. Do you seriously think presidents have a magic wand to negate the effects of these things? I'm sure they all WISH they did. Sounds to me that you are blaming the President for the effects of a major international incident- An Islamic terrorist movement declaring war on the US. He took actions to stimulate the economy which was damaged by the attack, and we are rebounding. Do you expect that to have been completed in two weeks? Get real! If this is an indictment of anything it is against the voltatility of the stock market, not the President.