I really want to understand

PW2

Commander
Re: I really want to understand

What in the world are you talking about? Who said anything about negotiating with any terrorists? Methinks you are starting to blather incoherently.<br /><br />And you are correct about one thing, Sam, in that with our current leadership, we can indeed forget about getting any help in this. Which is precisely why we need to change.<br /><br />On this topic, I suppose it comes down to one thing. If you think the Iraq thing was about the war on terror, and that somehow Iraq was involved with the 9/11 attacks, and that we are lots safer now with Saddam gone, and that somehow Iraq is going to embrace democracy and bring the rest of the mideast with them, well, then you probably should vote for your guy Bush.<br /><br />And hopefully your dreamworld won't collapse aroung you.<br /><br />But we have new terror warnings and elevated threats anew, and we have Iraq as a recruiting poster for new terrorist signees, and we go to the heartwarming step of posting soldiers in full battle gear with (presumably) loaded machine guns in front of the World Bank in Washington D.C. (Do we think the terrorists are going to storm the bank like we did Normandy???)<br /><br />I hope there are grown ups somewhere in the picture, dealing with the realities, rather than Karl Rove going after more fear and a photo- op.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Tax cuts helped us get here.. $ 7,310,643,475,885 in debt.. <br /><br />My part, your part, every US citizens part of that debt is $24,874 and it grow larger every minute... Someone (WE) eventually has to pay for that...<br /><br />In the minute it took me to write this post, the national debt increased $1,440,208..<br /><br />Thats a good enough reason for me to make a change... Maybe with a dem in the white house and a republican controled congress(unless elections turn that around), some spending may be reduced..

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by PW2:<br /> What in the world are you talking about? Who said anything about negotiating with any terrorists? Methinks you are starting to blather incoherently.<br />
You'd probably have to read somnething to unbderstand. Go back and read what I responded to (or not). It has to do with Mike Moore's movie and it's effect on crab bait. He thinks the " Bushy's" are conspiring with Osama Binladen! LOL<br /><br />I was responding to that rip in the fabric of sane debate.<br />Forgive me, PW2, if it was above your ability to comprehend.<br />
Originally posted by PW2:<br /><br />And you are correct about one thing, Sam, in that with our current leadership, we can indeed forget about getting any help in this. Which is precisely why we need to change.<br /><br />On this topic, I suppose it comes down to one thing. If you think the Iraq thing was about the war on terror, and that somehow Iraq was involved with the 9/11 attacks, and that we are lots safer now with Saddam gone, and that somehow Iraq is going to embrace democracy and bring the rest of the mideast with them, well, then you probably should vote for your guy Bush.<br /><br />And hopefully your dreamworld won't collapse aroung you.<br /><br />But we have new terror warnings and elevated threats anew, and we have Iraq as a recruiting poster for new terrorist signees, and we go to the heartwarming step of posting soldiers in full battle gear with (presumably) loaded machine guns in front of the World Bank in Washington D.C. (Do we think the terrorists are going to storm the bank like we did Normandy???)<br /><br />I hope there are grown ups somewhere in the picture, dealing with the realities, rather than Karl Rove going after more fear and a photo- op.
The current administration will stay the coarse. It's terribly unfortunate that the rest of the world is standing-down or turning turtle on the objectives.<br />But that's them, we are U.S. If you do not understand the objectives, that's your problem. It's not as if they are a secret. If, however, you choose to believe the propaganda of a Mike Moore film to base your American agenda goals on, you'll just have to keep wondering what the heck I'm blathering-on about...wont you?

PW2

Commander

Staying the course is only wise, productive and effective if you are on the proper course.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

I wonder if you study strategics at all PW2. It doesn't sound like it from what you write. <br /><br />In fact you remind me of my twisted step daughter, who feels that tomorrow is a new day and yesterdays issues are gone. She feels that she should not get in trouble for things that she got away with the day before. Sometimes a week or so before.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Also PW2. Why would we want help from those who are stabbing us in the back? They are just pissed at us right now because we cut off their supply of illegal funds. Let em be pissed. In fact, they should just armor up and join the terrorist as far as I am concerned. After all, what they have done puts them in bed with them anyway from the way I look at it.<br /><br />I am speaking about this food for oil scam as well as the stupid humanitarian aide, that these crooks take money from. This money makes it's way into the hands of terrorist either directly or indirectly. So what is really the differance here?<br /><br />I mean you had a dictator, Sadam, who was taking money away from the people and paying suicide bomber's families with that money. How is that not related or being involved with terrorist?<br /><br />In that line of thinking, I could sell weapons to bank robbers and not be charged with a crime, as long as I did my taxes correctly and honestly.

Carphunter

Commander

Kerry had his picture taken with Jane Fonda.<br /><br />Isn't that enough to make you vote for someone else. ;)

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Has anyone noticed that we get a government by minority?<br /><br />It works like this. 45% of the voting population will always vote Democrat. 45% of the voting population will always vote Republican. That leaves the swinging 10% to decide who governs us! And the last time I went to school 10% was not a majority! <br /><br />I am personally against the 'party lines' dicated to the elected members of parliament, for the simple reason that they are voted there to represent the views and wishes of the people who voted for them. NOT to tow some party line on this issue or that! They are there by the people, for the people. The people who elected them! The sooner we make them realize that and get back to representing our wishes the better we will all be!<br /><br />Chris...........

dogsdad

Lieutenant

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.<br /><br />On September 12, 2001, America was as united as I have seen it in my lifetime.<br /><br />Then came election season.<br /><br />John Kerry could have stood up in Boston and said "Bahoogawaga." And the democrats around him would have said "bahoogawaga." And the Boston papers would have reported "bahoogawaga." And all the democrats in Washington would stand and say "bahoogawaga." And all the democratic hacks would chant "bahoogawaga." And all those people who are democrats just because they are democrats would join in the chorus, chanting "bahoogawaga."<br /><br />And that's just exactly what all these arguments are: BAHOOGAWAGA. The democrats have offered NO better [realistic] ideas, only criticism and childish hatred.<br /><br />The only effect that all this bahoogawaga has had is to begin to undermine our war effort, encourage the enemy, and undermine our fight for survival (and if there's any doubt that this is a struggle for our very survival, well, the word for the inability to distinguish reality is "psychosis"), and it's all perpetrated as an effort to put a democrat in the White House. I can think of little that's more shameful.<br /><br /><br />-dd-

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Tax cuts helped us get here.. $ 7,310,643,475,885 in debt.. <br /><br />My part, your part, every US citizens part of that debt is $24,874 and it grow larger every minute... Someone (WE) eventually has to pay for that...<br /><br />In the minute it took me to write this post, the national debt increased $1,440,208..<br />
This is a fact that scares the @#$@ out of me. I agree that this is a first tier issue and needs to be addressed, yesterday. Other than Ralph Nader, who has a REAL plan for the retirement of the debt? When I aquire debt I spend less, Anyone out there running have a plan for spending less? They are all proposing NEW spending programs and larger beauacracies. Tis the season to buy votes. Cuts need to be targeted and will be painful, but most of us vote our checkbooks, not for our future. Targeted spending cuts can no longer be from defense or intellegence, we saw what a disaster that was on 9/11. What does that leave us???<br /><br />Al Gore was right about a lock box for programs, just because he lost doesn't mean all his ideas were wrong.

oddjob

Commander

Economic growth will take care of the dept, ...just like the REAGAN years..<br /><br />I bet you pundits *****ed about the dept when Carter was in office...

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by PW2:<br /> And you are correct about one thing, Sam, in that with our current leadership, we can indeed forget about getting any help in this. Which is precisely why we need to change.<br /><br />On this topic, I suppose it comes down to one thing. If you think the Iraq thing was about the war on terror, and that somehow Iraq was involved with the 9/11 attacks, and that we are lots safer now with Saddam gone, and that somehow Iraq is going to embrace democracy and bring the rest of the mideast with them, well, then you probably should vote for your guy Bush.<br /><br />And hopefully your dreamworld won't collapse aroung you.<br /><br />But we have new terror warnings and elevated threats anew, and we have Iraq as a recruiting poster for new terrorist signees, and we go to the heartwarming step of posting soldiers in full battle gear with (presumably) loaded machine guns in front of the World Bank in Washington D.C. (Do we think the terrorists are going to storm the bank like we did Normandy???)<br /><br />I hope there are grown ups somewhere in the picture, dealing with the realities, rather than Karl Rove going after more fear and a photo- op.
1. Who said we need the rest of the world's help? We've been able ot do a darn good job in Iraq with only the Brits help. As long as the rest of the world keeps looking, we can do the killing. After all, it is Americans that they hate, not the rest of the world. And remember who was in office when that hate built up. Your beloved Slick Willie.<br /><br />2. Get it through your head that no one ever said Iraq had anything to do with 9/11. Bush did say, Iraq did have ties to Bin Laden and Al Queda. <br /><br />3. Iraq was an enemy of the USA. Before 9/11 we were happy to have enemies sitting around. After 9/11 we will attack our enemies first on our terms.<br /><br />4. Would your beloved Al Gore done anything different than put troops in Washington D.C. NO! These things are done for visual effect, to show force in the face of these threats. I dont think anyone expected these cowards to attack the military, they only want to terrorize citizens.<br /><br />Ken

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

am 42 and there's only been 2 Demo presidents,<br />both by default. Carter after watergate and clinton<br />only cuz of votes that went to Perot. Willy didn't<br />win by majority. IMHO, this reflects the country-wide<br />feeling that Fed. gov't is already too big and get's<br />more than enuff of our $ already.<br />in this great country we are really spoiled. we<br />want it all and we want it NOW! conservative on<br />the fedral level, but ALL entitlements on the<br />state/local level...<br />can't have it both ways.

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

Bassy, thanks for starting another shooting match.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

"most vote with their checkbook"... Dang straight, Pointer.. Not many people seem proud to pay their taxes, but I am.. I feel pride when I put that check in the mail... I'm doing my little part... (the irs does suck. dang stupid forms.)<br /><br />Many of you will disagree with me (what else is new?), but I feel that the national debt is item #1... Much more important than the war on terror, healthcare, and all the rest... Can't fight a war if you can't properly fund it..<br /><br />Here is my thinking.. Democrat in the whitehouse, Republican control of congress, or vice versa.... One side will make the "promise" to pay the debt down, the other side will hold them to it... It worked before, and probably would again...
yinyang.gif
Right now, with republican control of both the whitehouse and congress, there is no balance.. Un-controled spending is the direct result..<br /><br />National debt.. National debt.. I wanna talk about the national deficit.. starting to sound like Ross Perot ain't I... :p

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

What the heck happened to this thread? I turned my head just for a second and this?<br /> Let's get back to the main subject of this thread... What does Kerry have to offer me if he is elected President?<br />Bassy

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Bassy, sometimes you just have to make up you mind by default. I don't think it is possible for you to be offered any more reasons on this forum than you can find out in the country at large. NOW HEAR THIS! :D There are no reasons to vote for John Kerry. He can't even give you one beyond the proposition that Bush is baaaaaaaaaaaad. So I have a great idea for you. Take out a little yellow pad, make two columns, one plus and one minus. Write down everything that you think is a negative for Bush (rate them 1 thru 3 in importance to you), then write down every thing that you think is good about Bush and the philosophy he represents.<br /><br />Total up the points, if Bush gets the highest number, vote for Bush, if Kerry get's the highest number (gag, yuk, excuseme) vote for Kerry.<br /><br />It's got to be what you think though. Not the opinion of the spinmiesters. Ok?

LadyFish

Admiral

There are at least 3 issues that make it imperative that President Bush be relected:<br /><br />1) The War on Terrorism. Kerry would abandon the War on Terrorism and endanger the lives of millions, if not tens-of-milions, of Americans.<br /><br />2) The Economy. Thanks to the Bush tax cuts, the economy has made a remarkable recovery from the Clinton Recession in which 3 million more Americans are employed than when Bush took office and in which the economy is growing at at least a 4.6% rate. Kerry would raise taxes, reverse that economic expansion, and drive us into another recession, or worse.<br /><br />3) The Judiciary. In the next 4 years, there will be at least 3 and maybe as many as 5 vacancies on the Supreme Court, including the Chief Justice. President Bush will nominate strict-constructionist constitutionalist to the Court. Kerry would pack the Court with extreme leftists who would all but destroy the Constitution.<br /><br />You have a great opportunity to help prevent Kerry from destroying our nation by casting your vote for George W. Bush. Don't squander that opportunity by wasting your vote.<br /><br /> Maybe you should see this<br /><br />On the other hand, the left has been very successful in the following:<br /><br />They have succeeded in getting our senior citizens dependent on the government. They have made slaves of the African Americans. They have convinced millions of Americans that Republicans are evil. They have successfully convinced millions of Americans that oil is evil, that big business is evil. That God is evil.<br /><br />They've taught young Americans that perverted sexual lifestyles are OK.<br /><br />Indoctrinated an entire generation in WHAT to think rather than HOW to think.<br /><br />The left has successfuly taught that left is good, right is bad; good is wrong, and whatever feels good is good mentality, and taught irresponsibility in the home and in public, that one should not have to take responsibility for ones actions, that society is at fault and will take the blame for ones own irresponsible actions and pay for it al irregardless. <br /><br />Thank God we can still make a choice.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

You summed it up very nicely but gee whiz LF, you're gonna start being accused of sounding like me. ;) But hey, that's not so bad. Maybe together we can cut thru to those generations who have been taught what to think.<br /><br />ps. great link