hull extension in progress with pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: hull extension in progress with picks

its a pretty cool instrument package zack......
it even has night vision
if you have a friend with a pc...........

i think its the wave of the future.......

oops!

Supreme Mariner

I was also thinking... You know the video camera for the day/night vision? I can set it up so you could record anything it displays. Just a thought.

i was thinking......could the system be hooked up for remote operation....as in seeing the live feed from the camera on a different computer at home?

thats fantastic anti theft

jcsercsa

Captain

i was thinking......could the system be hooked up for remote operation....as in seeing the live feed from the camera on a different computer at home?

thats fantastic anti theft

OHHH yea buddie wouldnt that be cool !! someone steals the boat , then you just log in to it !! hahaha

bubba has done a pertty good job , I really like the black screen one with the map in it !! thats my pic !! John

Driven1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yeah Oops, that could definately be done with a PC based system and a wireless or hard wired broadband connection. There's definately software available out there for that. Once, I worked for a major Internet provider and I had a camera set up at home that I could watch from work (complete with audio). It could definately be done. The program I used at the time can be found here.

You might find something free (Open Source) that will work here.

Can't wait to see how she's coming along.

ne7800

Lieutenant Junior Grade

are you going to have the red light going back and forth on the bow lmao

oops!

Supreme Mariner

yeah......hes doin really good......just think of the possibilities....he might really be on to somthing there......it could change everything...literally one in every boat.

ok........im just waiting for the gellcoat to kick.......then a night on the boat im not really looking foward to.....

lots of minor grinding...and i get to vaccume the inner hull.....for the umteenth bazillionth time....:(

but i might get far enough to lay the decking back in....ill take the cam....and get shots...so....pic up date tommorow :)

cheers
oops

oops!

Supreme Mariner

bubba.......i have 2 ideas that i am going to incorperate into this boat....that, if sucessful.... i will patent and shop around.....whats one more?....but your ideas will need several patents.....at least 10 i can think of......

last time i checked....patents were 5-7 k each.......but....that is what the stock market is for :)

oops!

Supreme Mariner

what a carpy night on the boat.....:(

murphy kept coming around.....

ity was a night i wasnt looking foward to....lots of grinding, some glassing...(no big deal for that)...and a lot of vaccumimg.

when i got to the boat.... it was allmost 8....

the jobs were simple.....install the coolers....plumb them in....glass the frames in and screw down the deck.

the first thing i had to do was vaccume the entire inner hull....a job i was sick of a long time ago.

deckingset2013.jpg

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

That dash sure looks a LONG way away from the transom doesn't it? :)

oops!

Supreme Mariner

heh heh heh........i fell asleep at the computer posting a pic of a vaccume.....:D......lol

ok....im awake....:D..

i had to re vaccume the hull because once its sealed......if the under deck isnt clean.....you will allways have a dusty boat.....i was considering leaving a beer cap in there....but ....nawwwww.
the white spots in the air is dust flying around.

deckingset2014.jpg

well thats when murphy showed up....i fought with him for a few hours.....i bought a 1 1/4 hole saw....so i could install the drains in te coolers and mount the coolers........

well the drill bit on the whole saw wasnt a 3/8ths bit...!.....i needed that hole saw....and it was too late, the store had allready closed....so i had to come up with somthing......

deckingset2015.jpg

an 11 ml socket with a 1/4 inch drive.......a 8 inch 1/4 extension.....and i cut the drive end off a 1/4 inch hand held driver.....what a pita finding all that stuff.

but it worked......and the coolers went in....along with the drains to the bilge.

deckingset2016.jpg

in this pic....you can see the drains.....to seal them....i just used pl.construction adheasive.

deckingset2017.jpg

i also had a ton of grinding to do on the various peices for the deck....so i cleaned up the edges of everything.....tommorow.....ill be working on cutting out the ski locker and the cooler ....and glassing in the frames.

cheers
oops

SnappingTurtle

Lieutenant

topic streamlining

Last edited:

NelsonQ

Lieutenant

OOPS you mentioned leaving a beer cap in the hull. That made me think. Uh Oh! :eek:

Why don't you make a little "Time Capsule" for future generations to find. Just a digital collection of all the photos of the extension process saved to a disk, sealed in a little box and mounted under the floor. Then add a little shield on the boat somewhere thats says, before destroying or disposing of the boat, please remove, and give to the ?Canadian National Museum of Transportation?.

Was just a thought. :rolleyes:

I agree. What a cool thing for a future generation to find cuz I'm sure with the work put into that boat, it'll be around a long time. Also, ensure you add this thread to go with it. It truly shows the evolution of this boat.

I'm sure the folks who built this in 69 would love to see its final state.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

I'm sure the folks who built this in 69 would love to see its final state.

cool idea turtle and nelson......:)

and actually, when i contacted sea ray about the epoxy (there was some confusion about the boats origional construction) thing a while ago...and spoke on the phone..i mentioned the thread to the coustomer rep...the coustomer rep asked me where it was.......i got an e-mail a few days later from them with kind words of encouragement..and said it was cool that id stuck with the proj...i think the thread was around 70,000 views at that time.....and they mentioned the number of views!

i hope they acknolage these forums (i boats) as a force in the market place.

any how....they said they would be following it from time to time. and see how far ive gotten.....it was really cool.

now....if i can just kick murphy out of the shop for a while....i may be able to get the floor in tonight !

i386

Captain

I think he should install a telephone at the console and another one back at the stern in case he needs to tell the passengers something.:D

WizeOne

Commander

I think he should install a telephone at the console and another one back at the stern in case he needs to tell the passengers something.:D

I think a battery powered bull horn would do.

ne7800

Lieutenant Junior Grade

you know a p.a system might be cool :D

zach103

Commander

i hope he got the deck in today.. john you should text him and ask if hes gunna get to it

jcsercsa

Captain

i hope he got the deck in today.. john you should text him and ask if hes gunna get to it

I tried to call him awhile ago and hes got his phone going stright to voice mail !! John

ne7800

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I tried to call him awhile ago and hes got his phone going stright to voice mail !! John

that just means he is hard at work

Status
Not open for further replies.