hull extension in progress with pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

erikgreen

Captain
Re: hull extension in progress with picks

No, I'm not making a boat that you can lick. Nice try, though :)

Driven1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ha! Just caught Oops lurking about! C'mon Oops, what's going on! You've got people Jonesin' here! :D BTW congrats on your 1st float. The boat looked great in the water. Sat real nice too! Great job!

oops!

Supreme Mariner

im trying to add pics....but having problems with my camera.......

ondarvr showed up and looked at the boat......he said it was as good as it could get by spraying it and not out of a mold......

too me.....that means....good job !

we sat and talked about a few new ideas for the boat.......

i think my work load just doubled .....:D :D :D :eek:

the boat is back at the shop.....ill keep it there as absolutly long as i can....but i may only have a days notice to move it out.....but thats ok....every day i get in the shop is grace :)

ill be back on it today...as i went to vancouver yesterday....just a quick trip....down and back......

one thing im looking foward to....is there will be very little gringing from here on in ! :)

oops!

Supreme Mariner

got the camera to work........finally

the boat is back in the shop........all safe and sound.....but first i had to clean an area ....the shop was an absolute disaster.

floatingset3002.jpg

after much putzing around ....moving boats in the yard to make room for the 25 foot monster......ondarvr and i got it in the shop

floatingset3003.jpg

the cap is just sitting on the hull......it needs to come back off....or at least just moved so i can get at the joint area .....i need to put the one inch wood strips in the hull to let the screws have somthin to grab....not just the glass

floatingset3004.jpg

i also have to cut the glass overage that was remaining from the cap extension.

floatingset3005.jpg

after that....the fun part starts.....the interior....!

floatingset3006.jpg

i also just talked to the mechanic again....he wanted to wait 4 weeks to cut the t-plate out.......i said ....no....two at maximun....cause hes gotta measure the shift cables and sterring cables......that will take 2 weeks to get in.....so he said if he had a hole in his schedule....he would fit the boat in to cut the transom hole for the outdrive.....

im gonna have him cut it....cause if its out just a hair......i can blame him...and he gets to redo the transom !!!!..

so ....i have a little more putzing time with the boat......:)

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

You seemed a bit cheesed about your conversation with the owner. I had a shop i was useing from someone else and they were a little upset with the grinding dust i had in their shop. Is that why you were in there cleaning the shop up so much? I for some reason got the impression that you maybee made too much of a mess in the shop. Am i a little right in my guess? Im just wondering cause i have been in the same situation. I am right not trying to find a shop to work in for the winter. I dont have a lot of grinding to do this winter. But then again i didnt think i had that much to grind last winter. Anyways thats a beauty you got there!

oops!

Supreme Mariner

one more thing.......when tackelwahser and i floated the boat.....we noticed a minor list.....it was bugging me.....the chines were equal distance out of the water....but the cap seemed to be high on one side....just a wee bit.....i thought ...no big deal...ill just put more weight on that side......

it turns out the cap was not down all the way on the high side.....soo....no list....none at all.....;)

oops!

Supreme Mariner

You seemed a bit cheesed about your conversation with the owner. I had a shop i was useing from someone else and they were a little upset with the grinding dust i had in their shop. Is that why you were in there cleaning the shop up so much? I for some reason got the impression that you maybee made too much of a mess in the shop. Am i a little right in my guess? Im just wondering cause i have been in the same situation. I am right not trying to find a shop to work in for the winter. I dont have a lot of grinding to do this winter. But then again i didnt think i had that much to grind last winter. Anyways thats a beauty you got there!

actually......the owner and i were chatting on a personal level....and not on the shop at all......we are getting to be quite good friends......
as far as the mess in the shop......im just gonna power wash it.....its a cleaning bay anyhow.....so the floor was allready ....well..... "soiled"

its just that now there is a over spray of gellcoat on it...:)

the reason i cleaned it....was after aceitoining the hull with a bazillion new rags......(a fresh one every 2 feet)....the shop was so messy....that i had no place to set my beer down !:D...

and thanks andy

cheers
oops

oops!

Supreme Mariner

i was just answering a pm on a sunpad.......and i started thinking....

ondarvr.....were you able to talk with the guys a formashape?

i was thinking about how to make those......"impressions" we talked about.....im still tring to figgure out how to make them.......outside of "the donor impression" in expanding foam...(after its partially set up)...then use that as a mold for making a plug.....then making a soft foam copy....im lost....

thats one heck of a process.........(but it would be worth it :D)

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

I forgot the two people that had the info on molding the "impressions" you (we all) so desire, are at our Corp office in Kansas City for training classes this week. The people we met with were involved in other areas of the operation.

redfury

Commander

Hey ward...I'm getting close to getting that basement bedroom done....:D I've got the floor to do and floor trim. :eek:

oops!

Supreme Mariner

good for you bud...:).....just a little more to do and the dapping starts :eek:

my fingers were covered with the stuff :D

fishrdan

Admiral

oops! What type/brand of remote controls and steering are you going with?

Curious as I have to get new remote controls and steering for my project... :rolleyes:

redfury

Commander

good for you bud...:).....just a little more to do and the dapping starts :eek:

my fingers were covered with the stuff :D

http://picasaweb.google.com/Redfury111/HomeImprovement#

That's where I'm at currently. If I start going crazy trying to fix all the problems in the walls from the person who did the job originally ( before I bought the house ), the wife will kill me...she wants in! :eek::D Not to mention a daughter that wants a bigger bedroom ( ours )...I got it coming from both sides!:rolleyes:

jcsercsa

Captain

hahah redfury , man lot of work , been there !! but shes looking good !! John

oops!

Supreme Mariner

http://picasaweb.google.com/Redfury111/HomeImprovement#

That's where I'm at currently. If I start going crazy trying to fix all the problems in the walls from the person who did the job originally ( before I bought the house ), the wife will kill me...she wants in! Not to mention a daughter that wants a bigger bedroom ( ours )...I got it coming from both sides!

baaaa haaaa haaaa is that a noose in the first pic?....

pic 4....i love the sponge/roller...;)

pic 14....."crown moulding. Ran short 8 feet. Got all the rest dumpster diving construction sites".....good for you !...that stuff costs bucks.

pic 18.....durn weird corners.......but it looks good..pretty slick bud

pic 23.....why is it that tin bashers allways insist on making life tough :mad:

and as far as the young-un wanting a bigger bedroom....(yours :) )......you could allways put on an addition.....:eek:.....course...being a girl....you would have to fence the addition with razor wire :D

one thing building my house tought me.......i aint afaraid of nuthin on a house now......from the 2 inch wide hard wood floor to the italian marble tiles and the bathroom cabinets with heated floors......i did it all....and people say it is one of the best bathrooms in the city........untill they look reeeeeelll close...:D

oops!

Supreme Mariner

oops! What type/brand of remote controls and steering are you going with?

Curious as I have to get new remote controls and steering for my project... :rolleyes:

dan....as far as the steering.....im gonna use the stock systen for the water tryals.......they are ordering the new cables in when i take the boat in for the transom plate/outdrive hole cut out.....

i will be making a custom steering wheel as the old huge quick silver just wont work with the theme of the boat......

as well.....the shifter had to go....
i kinda llike the looks of this one...so i bought it....and im not disapointed

http://www.iboats.com/Control_Singl...8877508--**********.215051106--view_id.197195

pretty cool unit....again...they will order the cables in just a bit....

as far as the gauges.......im stumped....totally......i want a full instrumentation package.....at least a 7 gauge package....but i cant find a marine tach that is for an inboard that will go up to 9000 rpm......
all the gauges look the same....face plate...bezels....and numbers arranged in a clock fashion.....borrrring.....im still looking....if any one knows of a really cool looking set...that is well....different.....please give me the link

oops!

Supreme Mariner

the boat took another giant leap foward yesterday.....

i was having trouble with the graphics.......im too freeking cheeep to pay a graphic designer to do what i want them to do.....lots of hours...and mega changes......

a buddie of mine is a designer......he does magazine covers and stuff like that...i had forgotten about him till the day he moved to slave lake alberta...
i kicked myself for not thinking about him till it was too late......

yesterday he showed up at the store, the slave lake thing didnt work out for him, and he needs cash as he sold everything to move up there.....

so hes gonna take on the project.......

the graphics are really important in this project....as the logo of the boat will appear approx 7 areas around the boat......

i also need the logo........(the logo is the name of the boat) to make a stencil on a c&c machine.......
the stencil will be added into the fabbing of the benches.....it will actually be layed right into the base of the benches....so there will be a depression in the underside of the bench seat bace that will have the name gellcoated right into the mould.....(i hope thats clear)....it will also be impressed in the swimgrid......as well as painted into the carpet on the floor between the passenger and driver.

i cant get onto the bench seats with out it....so the timing is perfect.

it will be a big day for me on the boat today....as i will get to tidy up lots of small stuff ive been wanting to get to for a while......ill have pics tonight.

cheers
oops

Status
Not open for further replies.