how old is everyone here ?

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: how old is everyone here ?

Old enough to know better, too young to resist, right, LF?

LadyFish

Admiral

LOL that's right Brian. :D I can tell you I'm older than RyanT and younger than you. :p

gonfishn

Commander

Man if Russ is 89 I'm afraid I'll have to arrange handicap seating in my boat this summer for him...Geritol and a soft pillow will get us through the day when we hook up..Now I know why is has a yeller boat..Its to let all know to veer away from him cause of his poor hearing and eyesight... :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Well I guess I can jump in here.<br />My name is Lester, I am in my early 50's and own a courier service for the last 8 years.<br /><br />Can't tell you what I courier, cause if I did I would have to have you rubbed out. :D <br /><br />Don't believe gonfishn, he looks like maybe 29 and holding. :eek: <br /><br />And yes, he will have to have the handicap boat slip with MY onboard.<br /><br />edit: Oh yea, been married to wife, Suzette, now for going on 34 years with 3 grown daughters and 6 grandkids.

catfish1

Senior Chief Petty Officer

names brad 38yrs, married 16yrs, have two boys 13 & 7. i'm originally from ventura county as well. matter of fact, i'd bet i know some of the same people that tylerin knows!

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Ethan is my middle name that I go by. Later 40's, been married numerous times. Several children with six grand children.(just found out that another one will be here in about 7 more months) Carl is my baby and will be turning 18 in Aug. <br /><br />My profession is servicing/repairing equipment for 9 McDonalds.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

I'm Wally,46yrs of age.<br />Elmer Fudge is the name of my 9 yr old choclate cocker spaniel :) .

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Me? <br />Well - Bomar is my High School nickname (long story), my given name is Joe, I am the ripe old age of 45, a commerical comtractor (predominatly tenant finish), married 16 years to my lovely wife Barb who is a volunteer firefighter/EMT, have one son 14 yrs that is 6'4" (we are all kinda on the mega tall side), and a big dumb black lab (Mavis) that can't swim. Not a stroke.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

The name is self explanatory. I am 29 and work in a prison as a Laundry manager. I worked security there for 8 years and then I got this gravy job. I also work as a Police officer for a small municipality, been doing that for a little over 7 years. I have been married 9 years to my wife Lisa, two kids-Tyler 8 years old and Stephanie is 2 years old, both girls.

Homerr

Commander

I find it strange that a lot of the folks on this forum are, how shall I say without offending... "Seasoned" and yet most of you are quite savvy in the internet and computer fields.<br /><br />Reason I say this is...My Dad is creeping up on his 60's and he thinks the computer is the anti-christ! He won't touch them.<br />I have outfitted most of my family with computers so we can all keep in touch. I am the nerd of the family, so I pretty much delegated that task to myself.<br /><br />I wanted to thank my fellow peers for bringing your knowledge to this forum. It's not often I get to share a good story, or 'how things was' ... Most of my elder family doesn't have anything to do with computers, but with todays kids, the computer is a must. I don't have a land-line anymore, just a cell phone and wireless internet. It's funny, cause if you ask for my address, I have to think twice before giving my e-mail or my home address!<br /><br />I can remember just a short 20 or so years ago, the Apple IIe computer and Commodore Vic20 was the top dog of computers. Have times changed!<br /><br />Wow...we can have an entire forum on "how things was'... Mods? Whadya think?<br /><br />H.

11 footer

Lieutenant

Funny thread, My name is Ryan and yes, I do have a last name but I've got this thing about giveing it out on an internet forum, some of you who have emailed me know it anyway<br /><br />BTW, It starts with the letter 'T' ;) <br /><br />I think most of you know how old I am, I'll keep you guessing, I think I said it on this forum somewhere before, many of you have kids who are my peers, some have grandkids!<br /><br />I know what your saying about older people who use the internet, its really something. My 75y/o grand-dad use's the internet for surffing the wed and reading things, but won't type a thing in the keyboard, touch email, or buy anything. Only reason he got started on it was because his younger wife (she's in her 50's) bought him a computer and wanted him to use it and he does. Then your have my dad, who's about the same age as most of you guys, he's 45. He won't touch the computer, if he wants something done on the internet, he'll ask me to do it. He has looked into buying cars on ebay that I found to him, so he's not scaired of it, so there is hope!

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Hey Homerr, just a thought-<br />My Mom didn't like computers a few years ago and then we kids went in on the little Mail Station e-mail machine. She absolutely loves it. She still doesn't want a computer, but this little machine lets her keep in touch with family and friends all over the US. It sends and recieves files about 7K. She doesn't remember how she lived without it. Just a thought for your Dad.<br /> My Dad, a retired mechanical engineer, won't touch a computer or my Mom's e-mail machine, even though he shows interest; curiousity. He has us kids, especially older brother, do research and word documents for him. I guess that's pretty smart. ;)

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Ya'll already know I'm in my late 50's. I also work for a big time utility company, maybe the same one Brian does. I also have a Marine Shop and Tackle store that I'm going to retire to late this year and start doing what I really like to do as far as work is concerned and that is work on boats and motors, sell tackle and fish a lot. Hey....ya' gotta know the products you sell and usin' it is the best way to get to know it.<br /> :D :D <br />Been married to she herself for goin on 32 yr's.<br /><br />Two boys and two girls, growed and out of the house. Seven grandkids. Oldest is 13 and the youngest is just over 2 months.<br /><br />Home is on the Muddy Banks of the Ohio River. Just 10 minutes fron ground to water including launch.<br /><br />Homerr...love the Gopher!!! :D :D

jim phillips

Chief Petty Officer

As you can guess the name is Jim and I am married to Dawn for the last 10 years We have 5 kids and my MIL lives with us ( how lucky could I get?) :confused: I work at a state prison here in florida and she works in retail management.I am 40 and she is 35 with the kids from 6 to 16

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

I'm 37 with 2 daughters ages 11 and 6. My wife and I live in Friendswood TX.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hey homerr, let's not forget the commodore64, wohooo!!!

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

34, I have a 12 year old daughter that lives with her mother, from California originally, now live in the great North Idaho.

SeaMasterZ@aol.com

Lieutenant Commander

My name is Ray, and I have been a boating addict for the past 39 years, ever since the age of 2 when I would get to steer my dads 14 foot cris craft ( I was reading at 18 months, yes I remember being two, I forget chit from 2pm, but I remember being two!!!!<br /><br />the 30 second bio on me, crushed in an accident in 87, broke two vertebrae, on my back two years, (bed ridden)gained tremendous amount of weight due to incapacitation without reduction in intake, AND a deepening case of sleep apnea that was slowly killing me<br /><br />was caught barely in time, and I woke up in a 850 plus pound body<br /><br />wanna talk about nightmares, kids?<br /><br />couldnt walk at first, but kept at it at it at it, to the door, then down the steps by the end of the first month I was able to make it to the end of the driveway, three months I was going around the block, after three years I got a mountain bike and of course, during all this time I was on a high fiber low fat diet<br /><br />Stephen King dont know a THING about horror ... I take that back, NOW he does, since he got bashed up, but he still dont know what I know!<br /><br />500 pounds later, nearly finished with the bachelors degreee in psychology, accumulating honors along the way<br /><br />I traded in my nationwide harem of girlfriends to settle down with one, becoming an instant daddy along the way, Liz and her daughter Rachael<br /><br />(I do miss the excitement of my earlier internet years, but the airports are a drag and especially NOW with all this terrorist crap, eh, the juggling gets a bit tedious!)<br /><br /> :D :D :D :D :D :D <br /><br />Thats my story so far, wasnt supposed to make 30, coming up on 42, got a few major problems cropping up but I think I have an answer for them<br /><br />All this may help explain the excitement of the little red truck, not that it exists, but that I am here to drive it!

TexSkeeter150

Petty Officer 1st Class

35 in March. 2 kiddo's (3.5 years and 11 months) A wife and a dog. I could not be any happier.