How come?

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
Re: How come?

after doing Achris' experiment... I have no idea<br />why we park in the driveway but drive on the<br />parkway.... what was the question again?

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by achris:<br /> Think of it this way.<br /><br />..... Now fill it all the way to the top with your favorite beer. Does the glass look full? (if it doesn't, keep filling). If the answer is yes, then think about the fact that you can only see the front side of the glass. By the previous arguements it's only half full! <br /><br />Now you're done experimenting, empty the glass. Not down the sink! Drink it!<br />Still confused? Repeat the experiment and post the results. :D <br /><br />Chrish...........
37.gif
I've performed this experiment 23 times, now, and I see 3 glasses. What phase does that mean? :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hmmm. Tryd thet fower tims.<br /><br />NOW it makkkes cents!

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

I only see a toilet bowl. I think I took the experiment too far...

tylerin

Commander

Now fill it all the way to the top with your favorite beer. Does the glass look full? (if it doesn't, keep filling).
Ok now fill the glass up half way......Why then would you call it 1/4 full :confused:

JB

Thanksh, Tylerin. :) <br /><br />Theshe guys jist don't unnerstand shimple fracshuns.

tylerin

Commander

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Theshe guys jist don't unnerstand shimple fracshuns
Boys and girls we can't move on to geometry til we all figure this out :D Now c'mon fish or cut bait :)

achris

More fish than mountain goat

So why is a consignment on a ship called 'cargo' and on a car it's called a 'shipment'?

tylerin

Commander

So why is a consignment on a ship called 'cargo' and on a car it's called a 'shipment'?<br />
The same reason you park on the driveway and drive on the parkway :D

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Well, if we are going to go that far, why is it a pair of pants if I only have one?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by PatPatterson:<br /> Well, if we are going to go that far, why is it a pair of pants if I only have one?
Pat, cause there are 2 legs in the pair of pants.<br /><br />If they just had one leg, it would be plain pant. :D

tylerin

Commander

Pat, cause there are 2 legs in the pair of pants.<br /><br />If they just had one leg, it would be plain pant
Ok smarty pants (no pun intended :D ) Even though you don't wear any why do they call underwear a pair (briefs of course ;) )

JB

Well, I stared at it hard last night and I still only see half of it.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by tylerin:<br />
Pat, cause there are 2 legs in the pair of pants.<br /><br />If they just had one leg, it would be plain pant
Ok smarty pants (no pun intended :D ) Even though you don't wear any why do they call underwear a pair (briefs of course ;) )
See answer above. ^^^^^^^^ :p

Carphunter

Commander

.......hmmmmm, have to agree with Pat Patterson, why is it not called a pair of shirts?<br />~Pair of shoes.<br />~Pair of socks.<br />~Pair of pants.<br />~Pair of underwear.<br />~Pair of gloves.<br />~....and a shirt. :confused: <br />That just ain't right. :p <br /><br />Now, if you you hold up a baseball, are you seeing half of it, or just one side of it?........is there a difference? Can you ever see all of a round object? When you hold that baseball in your hand, are you only holding half of it because you can only see one side at a time?<br />........and why do they call it a building if its already built. :confused: ....... :D <br /><br />lol at achris. :D

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Why are they called apartments, when they are all together. Shouldn't they be togetherments?<br /><br />Why does my wife need a permanent in her hair every 4 weeks? Permanent should be longer than 4 weeks, shouldn't it?

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

JB......you gave a lot of thought to the original question before ya' posted it.......didn't ya'? :D :D