Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

matt167

Captain
Re: Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

Boat looks restorable and the trailer looks good. Even as a salvage boat, there is likely quite a bit of mahogany in it, which isn't cheap even reclaimed.

That said, I don't think it is the boat from " Girls,Girls,Girls ". Simmilar but different. I think the $2,500 boat is a bit later of a boat or at the very least it was refit with the I/O.. The movie in question was made in 1962, and the boat in the movie was named "Kingfisher". Few pics and a trailer to the movie on youtube

Ryanmolnar55

Seaman Apprentice

I just bought a 74 18' Cruisers w/ 120hp Chrysler for $50.00 the guy said the motor was seized up. He wanted $300.00 for the boat and trailer (Holsclaw). After a little negotiating it was sold for 50 bucks. Got it home started tearing into it and come to find out the only issue was a bad driveshaft bearing. Started right up and runs great. I love people that sell what they think is junk. Granted it does need new electric ran throughout the boat but I?m not complaining a bit. I?ll throw some dollars into it to make it a salmon fishing vessel.

h2odick

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hah, saw this posted online a few days ago, not an ad just a random picture someone took:

DukPKC7.jpg

LVChris

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Had to post this one just for the (non) boat picture.. maybe it's a stealth boat!
Guy said he bought her new in 1969, and has only put 100 hours on her...only askin a buck.

1969 17' Wellcraft Runabout

3I73Jb3Na5G35E85F6d5i0e1378837c611093.jpg

QC

Supreme Mariner

^^^^^^

Dang I love this pic:

attachment.php

Sadly it just wouldn't work as well with a pic of a boat. Love it :D

Attachments

• Tractor Bubba.jpg
    Tractor Bubba.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 0

dwco5051

Commander

Bubba is a bit confused. He's standing beside a Case tractor.

This is an AC D17

[URL=http://s1184.photobucket.com/user/sv29n/media/Cheap%20boats/ac_d17.jpg.html] [/URL]

That is what first caught my attention when I read this ad and I wanted to see who would be the first to catch that. The gentleman in the picture looks quite normal for that end of my county:lol: What looked strange to me was the so-called D-17.

QC

Supreme Mariner

I didn't say hey was abnormal :)

tomhath

Master Chief Petty Officer

Hmm Can someon explain the freshly manned outboard? This guy definitely knows his stuff.

1991 Rinker Captiva 21 ft.

Well, it's an outboard now, because it sure as heck isn't in the boat...

Why do so many people start their boat restoration by sinking a pile of money into the motor, then they realize that everything else on the boat is junk?

TilliamWe

Banned

Why do so many people start their boat restoration by sinking a pile of money into the motor, then they realize that everything else on the boat is junk?

Because they don't know anything about boats. And haven't found iboats yet! ;)

Aquaman-PSD

Petty Officer 2nd Class

True True... He made that very clear by the picture of the motor on a skid! :laugh: