Votes: 34 66.7%
  • Glue in

Votes: 17 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jsturvey

Seaman
Re: Friscoboater's 1986 Glastron Carlson CVX-18 Complete restoration thread

Agreed↑. You deserve the time off. Go have some fun! That's why we boaters do what we do.

carribbean soul

Petty Officer 2nd Class

May I suggest a new toy for the big boat? how bout' some under water lights to light up the marina!

CoastalNightLights.com

those should be some fun for you at the dock-house!

Tboner7864

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm jumping aboard with this one. Going thru your thread Frisco and learned so much thanks for all you videos past and present. I did the ad block and like you said my browser flies. You the man. And again you give guys like me the confidence to attempt a big project like mine Thanks again Tbone

Chris_94_Sprint_TX

Petty Officer 1st Class

Awesome work on the Carlson Jay, The paint came out really good. Hopefully my little Sea Ray turns out that nice. I wanted to say thank you for all the videos you have done on the your Sea Ray and this boat I have learned a lot from watching them. I look forward to watching your progress and learning more as you go along in this project.

Chris

chadc880

Cadet

Jay,

Thank you. You have given me such inspiration and unbelievable amounts of courage and confidence by taking the time and taking such unbearable and unthinkable projects. Not only taking the time to make videos and forums about your step by step work but by showing us that this unthinkable restoration is possible with faith the knowledge and shared with us and tons of patience.

I too documented a few restorations. I did this because never in my wildest dreams would I ever have taken on such projects before. But after seeing your work I did it.

Now I've taken on the "impossible" to me. After years of searching I found my actual childhood boat my dad bought many years ago. I bought it and wooooo nelly what have I gotten myself into.

1976 Chrysler Carvel III Restoration Part 1 - YouTube

All I can say is you will probably see your views go up a bunch since I will be watching your floor rebuilds and transom rebuild videos non stop until I get the courage to start doing that to this boat.

Thanks again so very much.

Chad
Greenville SC

captain_ron

Seaman Apprentice

Jay,

Love your stuff man ! Enjoy the big boat and can't wait to see the Carlson splashed in !

4Winns2

Petty Officer 1st Class

Count me in, subscribed.

26aftcab454

Lieutenant Commander

Enjoy the Summer JAY !!! I would much rather be enjoying time on the lake than working on boats !laboorday12-2.jpg

Friscoboater

Captain

Hello everyone. I had to take some time off and clear my head. I was just burned out with boat stuff, and needed to take a long break. We have been enjoying the big boat a lot this summer and have made some great new friends at our dock. I just had to puttee carlson on hold for a while, and just have fun. We had so much fun this summer… we kinda forgot about the Sea Ray. We only put her in the water 3 times for a total of three hours. Sooooo, the wife and I have decided to sell the Sea Ray in the spring and let someone that could really use her. It makes me sad to do so, but we are not using her at all. I have a lot of catching up to do on the forum

I go the engine in last week, and I will be getting her put all back together over the winter.

Oh, and my Dad got remarried!

Talk to you guys soon.

tpenfield

Staff member

Nice to hear from you Frisco . . .

Looking forward to some updates on the Glastron.

saginawbayboater

Senior Chief Petty Officer

^^^+1 Looking forward to it:clap2:

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

^^^+1 Looking forward to it:clap2:
Ditto^^^

Glad you have been having fun with the new boat...
Gonna be a lucky person that gets to buy your SeaRay...

BTW, hope you and yours had a wonderful Turkey Day!

Decker83

Commander

Great to see you back and all rested up..
Congrats to your father..
I know it will be hard to sell the Sea Ray after all of your hard work, but a bigger shame to just let it setup..
Like GT100000 said, someone will get a very solid, well built, fantastic boat from you..

Looking forward for more updates and vids from you..
Have a great week..

Speak

Chief Petty Officer

Jay, because of you I have started my own boat rebuid. Stringers and Transom glassed in today! It started in september! Not nearly as nice a boat as yours, but hey its mine and the kids had a ball last summer. What ever i do will be better than the factorys job. I admire you attention to detail. Thank you for your videos and pictures.
Cheers
Stu

jbcurt00

Staff member

Welcome back Jay.

Let me get this straight: You like USING a boat, over WORKING on a boat?? :confused:

Yeah, ok, I'm cool w/ that. :thumb:

Hope ya get top dollar for the SeaRay! Congrats to your father. Hope she likes boats :watermelon:

Brian 26

Chief Petty Officer

Glad to hear you took the summer off to use the new boat and also glad this project is back. Subscribed.

Triton II

Commander

Welcome back to your thread Jay. Good luck with the Sea Ray sale and to your Dad and his new bride. :)

TII

Chris_94_Sprint_TX

Petty Officer 1st Class

Welcome back Jay. Glad to hear y'all enjoyed the new boat. Congrats to your father on the nuptials. Look forward to watching and learning some more as you build the Glastron.

Chris