Commander
Re: Florida South Georgia Boaters need a party

I should be able to do either one.

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

Sounds like things are starting to roll now. I'll talk to my wife tonight and see which of the two weekends are better for us. I doubt it will really matter. We still, however, have a few big players unspoken, though.

Fireman??? Where are ya Pal???!!! Sasto, we know your in, but which weekend's best for you? Alex?, Carrol?, Skip?

Richard, You're not "being selfish in promoting your area." You're being generous in offering your hospitality. My family and I are already looking forward to this get together... And by the way, you do indeed make a nice Low Country Boil.:) Ooh... Did I say that out loud???;)

Anyway... I'm looking forward to seeing some friends and meeting some new ones. Until then, as a beloved friend always says... "Keep the dirty side down."

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

Allright....I can take a hint....

Sorry, haven't been on since last June/July....seems life gets in the way! Stick just checked her calendar and we are ok with June 7, 8, 9 or June 21, 22, 23, but keep whatever dates are OK with the group...we'll make concessions.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again. I certainly hope Richard's cooking (since he's hosting ;)), and NSBCraig brings his "homemade" libations :eek:

Regardless, we're in. I'm bringing whatever anyone needs and my backup liver....this one might be getting a bit out of control....juss' sayin'

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

I knew I had faith in you for a reason, Fireman...:) Lookin' forward to seein' you guys again.

Gonna be a great weekend!!!

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

Halleluyah...we have more interest!!! Welcome Fireman431...our reining hero of hosts!

Of course, there will be LCB at any bonfire I host!

And VH you are certainly welcome (and encouraged) to come on Friday so that you can prep you ribs (etc.; YEAH, OUT LOUD!) on Friday for a Luau (??) on Saturday.

I'm tellin you, Louie...this could be HUGE!!!

nlain

Commander

Hey Fireman, Glad to see you in on this, just got to make sure there are no little pools for stick and my wife to get in. It will be good to see you guys again. This could get wild if Richard has a place for all of us to sleep when the night ends, I remember Nettles Island, at least I could just crawl across the parking lot to my bed, grand kids thought there was something wrong with us. Little do they know.

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

POOLS...SLEEP...?:flypig:

Last edited:

nlain

Commander

Richard, The pool thing goes back to the St Augustine meet. Not sure but may have pics on FB.

nlain

Commander

OK boys and girls, lets start picking a date, we have a couple on the board, lets pick one. I know, I have said I am good for either one, would like to hear from others, if everyone is good for either then Me or Richard will pick one and we can plan around it. So, everyone check your schedules, check with the bosses, lets get this nailed down. Then we can work on what we are going to do, I went to a couple last year without a boat, I would like to take the boat this time, will have the grand kids, would like to take them fishing. "IS IT JUNE YET":D:D

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

Based on those who have indicated an interest and, to give all the most time to plan to come, I suggest we plan for June 21 22 23. We can have a bonfire on Friday night. If you wish to bring some eats, feel free; my commissary will be available for anyone's needs.

I am thinking of hiring transportation for Friday night. From my home, the bridges to SGI and Apalach are both over 5 miles long. I think one transport to SGI and another to Apalach. We'll take care of personal cars on Saturday morning.

I'll also propose that we plan Saturday to include a morning "freestyle" of fishing and/or sightseeing. Then at, say, 2pm, we can all meet at LSG (Little St. George Island) and have a cookout. Sunset will come around 8:30, so we should have plenty of time to socialize and still get off the water before dark. Despite the fact that it is only 200 yds from civilization, LSG is uninhabited and there are NO amenities of any kind. If you don't bring it, you won't have it.

Yay or nay?

jkpell

Seaman Apprentice

I have been following this post and would like to know if you might have room for another? The time frame that you are planning is in the time frame when my family and I make our annual pilgrimage to PCB and I will be towing the 185 this year as well. I would love to meet up with all of you and see/explore that area if it is ok with the group?? :D

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

jkpell, you are certainly welcome to join us. In fact, for those who may have the same concern, please know that this event is open to anyone who is willing to make a roadtrip. Watercraft of any kind are great but not required.

Looking forward to seeing and meeting all!

jkpell

Seaman Apprentice

jkpell, you are certainly welcome to join us. In fact, for those who may have the same concern, please know that this event is open to anyone who is willing to make a roadtrip. Watercraft of any kind are great but not required.

Looking forward to seeing and meeting all!

Awesome!

nlain

Commander

I have been following this post and would like to know if you might have room for another? The time frame that you are planning is in the time frame when my family and I make our annual pilgrimage to PCB and I will be towing the 185 this year as well. I would love to meet up with all of you and see/explore that area if it is ok with the group?? :D

There will be at least 2 others from Ga, me from SE Ga and Veritas Honus from SW Ga. We invite all to attend, thought we would have one from Canada last year but he could not make it. So, if we fit in your time line bring it on. Hey I horned in on the first one they ever had, I was the token Ga Boy that they allowed. Great group of people.

aspeck

Staff member

Wife just informed me we are booked in Fort Meyers for the week of June 14 - 21st. Looks like I am gonna miss this, but it sure sounds like a lot of fun. I will be leaving the southern end of the State while you guys and gals are assembling. Wish I could talk her into driving there ... then I COULD and WOULD meet up with you, but she hates long road trips and I love them. About the only thing we disagree on.:blue:

nlain

Commander

Hey Art, just make a short trip up the W Coast of Fl, visit us then you can go home from there. You know, short trip, take a break for couple days then go home. :tea:

aspeck

Staff member

Oh how I would like to ... But I do need to be home by the evening of the 22nd.

nlain

Commander

You may be able to meet Cheapboatkev, he is in the Ft Myers area. Just thought about that.

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

Oh how I would like to ... But I do need to be home by the evening of the 22nd.

Dadgummit, Aspeck! Is there NO WAY you can massage one more day in your schedule...it would be awesome to have you!

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

Would a couple of SeaDoos be OK to transverse the area? Would be the easiest way for us to have water transportation, unless we hitch a boat ride from someone.