Florida South Georgia Boaters need a party Now with Dates 6/21-6/23/2013

jkpell

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Florida South Georgia Boaters need a party Now with Dates 6/21-6/23/2013

Sorry I missed this event it looks like everyone had a great time!

nlain

Commander

Richard, be sure to thank BB for the umbrellas, they were a lifesaver.

kfa4303

Banned

Sorry I missed everyone. Glad y'all had a good time. I'm still dealing with motor issues, but I think/hope they'll be resolved soon. I need to get on the island ASAP. Mainland life is for the birds!

NSBCraig

Lieutenant Commander

Well I made it home today. I followed John over to Jacksonville, he took his boat to Tivy Island before heading back to Atlanta.

We had a blast. Between the sun and hanging with Richard at the Lodge Saturday, it took us a bit to get moving yesterday. We went over to Apalachicola to the Owl Cafe for some grub (nice place), then hit the Sipico Creek Marina for some new fuel line. Boat ran great after five minutes of work.

Hung out under the bridge in the shade for a bit fishing and then ran up river. Passed Eric (Rippin Drag) by the beach party spot (lots of bikinis), saw some people who were way braver then us do back flips of the top of the spinning railroad bridge, then fished some banks farther upstream.

Hit the Up the Creek Raw Bar for yet more oysters, some clams and a gator burger.

Had a great time! Can't thank you enough Richard.

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

It certainly was a great pleasure to host this gig, but I couldn't have done it without a lot of help. The Admiral, of course, had to put up with me for 6 months while we plannned and waited for the event. Even more, though, I must acknowledge sphelps and his SIL, Chris, for their assistance. By Saturday I was pretty beat; Sam and Chris helped schlep all the gear into and out of, then back into the boat; Youman's awards to both of you.

A big thanks to the captains (John, Eric and Sherry) who provided boats. We were blessed with 20+ footers that all took the bay "snot" well (NOAA LIED!!!!!!!). Nolan, our pictographer did a fine job as did BB, a local, who brought umbrellas and her flea (Chris now wants one; sorry Tiffany!)

Thanks to all who took their time and effort to make this a really fun gathering.

nlain

Commander

We all thank Richard for being a great host and going above and beyond to make this a great weekend.

The Rooster

Ensign

Thanks for sharing the pics. Looks like a beautiful area. Hopefully we can make it next year. Did "Sasto" not make the trip???

nlain

Commander

No sasto, no veritas honus no fireman, they were missed, wish they could have all been there. It is a beautiful area, other than a couple people in a kayak we were the only ones on that beach the whole afternoon. I have now found another place I want to go back too. When coastalrichard said there is nothing here, big box stores, I did not think it possible, it is, there are a few Dollar General stores, I found 1 Piggly Wiggly grocery store, couple hardware stores, small restaurants that know how to cook, and is about it. No MD, BK, Hardees, no Walmart within 60 miles, nothing but quiet serene beauty.

mcginnal

Cadet

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum and have been looking for fellow boaters in the Jax/South Georgia area. I purchased my first boat (a 2003 Monterey LS 248) July 3rd, so it looks like I just missed this gathering.

I'd like to learn the ropes, so to speak, with some fellow boaters but I'm the only person I know with a boat at the moment :) Do events like this happen regularly?

kiloil

Recruit

I'm new (well getting back into it from 15 years ago) as well and would like to meet with some other people that ski and wakeboard. I previously had a 19Ft Searay Seville and will be back into a 21' Searay Sport V8. I just am unfamiliar with this area, since I am familiar with Tidewater Area of Virginia. I've heard there are very limited areas to ski properly and have ample room to turn around. We stay away from salt water skiing. I've enjoyed the pictures in this thread.

nlain

Commander

Hello to both of you, glad to have you here on iboats. I am up in Midway Ga area, not sure where you guys are, I would guess Jacksonville area. We started having these gatherings a few years ago and usually have at least one a year somewhere in the Northern half of Fl, so far none it Ga. I have looked at places near where I am but nothing really works for all, still doing research in the area for something that has camping in tents, camping in houses, motels or whatever that will work for everyone. There are some of the folks that like to camp in tents, some campers, some like me and mine in a building, house, motel or whatever. Now with all that said, if you are in the Jax area, or another, I would advise starting a thread for the area and ask for people from the area, you may be surprised at how many are near you that are willing to help. This is a great place to be, once again, WELCOME.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Hey guys . I have lived in j-ville my whole life . I grew up on the St Johns . As far as skiing or wake boarding I believe most hang out at place called Dr's Inlet . I have never been there but they say it's real black water /brackish ..If you don't mind salt water you can get up early and find some glass . Ft George Inlet is a nice place to hang out and get wet . Right off the ICW .. I wouldn't mind hosting a get together at some point . I have plenty of room for boats, campers , tents or whatever .. We have a shallow draft ramp about 5 mins away and for larger boats there is a good ramp about 30 mins from my house Those ramps are about 15 or 20 mins apart by the ICW ..
If the younguns want to swim I have a screened in pool and bbq area ..
Send me a pm if you need any help ! SP..

sasto

Captain

I missed another good time! I really wish I could have been there with you guys. I miss you Nolan and Craig. I would have loved meeting the others. My life shifted from idle to full speed ahead. Thanks for the pics, Nolan.

nlain

Commander

Sasto, you should have joined us, you would have got to met some more great iboats members and enjoyed seeing the rest of us again. :D:laugh:

To the new folks, looks like you are getting some help already from someone local.

aspeck

Staff member

Very sorry I missed this event ... The day you started, I was flying out of Ft Myers. Bummer! Looks like a blast!