Florida South Georgia Boaters need a party Now with Dates 6/21-6/23/2013

coastalrichard

Lieutenant
Re: Florida South Georgia Boaters need a party

Rooster, nlain is correct. I'm not sure of the precise route from your area into Pensacola but I know a couple of friends that have "flead" there from SGI; most of the trip is well protected by barrier islands...and a really nice ride. There is one hotel (Water Street Hotel) and one motel (Apalachicola River Inn) in Apalach directly on the river. It's 6 miles to the Cut.

NOTICE: I checked with a number of local hotels/motels and they are BOOKED for Chili Cookoff weekend, so we should pick another time.

nlain

Commander

That was also another reason I asked about the number of people for the cookoff, I had looked at a couple for rates but had not checked on availability yet. You know your area, what are some better dates, I know closer to summer you get the busier it gets and the hotter it gets. Probably would want to stay away from spring break also.

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

Rooster - sorry, I misunderstood you...I really thought you were talking about making the trip on the flea!

To All - Things do start getting active in March, but it's still a bit cool. The best weather begins in April. I'm good anytime in April. Any suggestions?

Quit It

Petty Officer 1st Class

Subscribed to the thread, but probably can't go because the kids have activities.

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

Not so fast, Quit, we don't have a date yet. Let's get the pulse...

If you're interested in this get together, could you attend during an April weekend? If so, which one...6th, 13th, 20th or 27th. If not April, what about a June weekend?

I know there are some "lurkers" out there. Let's hear from you!!!!!!!!!!

nlain

Commander

Come on folks, let us hear from you, do you have a date that you can attend, we know that we cannot satisfy everyone's weekend, but give us a chance, speak up. Coastalrichard has already said that May is not good for him and we are talking about going to his area, oh, by the way, I am one of the Ga people and I am still working on finding a place we can all meet in Ga, my area is not real good but there are possibilities.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

If I could ever get my boat ,trailer, tow rig ready I would love to join in on the fun ! I will be finishing up a building I,m working on in April so could maybe make it sometime after that ..

nlain

Commander

If I could ever get my boat ,trailer, tow rig ready I would love to join in on the fun ! I will be finishing up a building I,m working on in April so could maybe make it sometime after that ..

Well, it sounds like you need to get to work and get the boat ready. :D Hope you can join us.

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

OK...upon recalling some of the get together threads from last year and considering what might work best for all, I will propose that we look at June. Those with kids won't have school issues, the weather in these parts is "to-die-for" and spring breakers will be long gone, leaving many accommodations available.

Who can do something in June? Here's an area map to view:

th (6).jpg

Quit It

Petty Officer 1st Class

OK...upon recalling some of the get together threads from last year and considering what might work best for all, I will propose that we look at June. Those with kids won't have school issues
Not for me. My kids ALWAYS have activities. So the chances that we'll make it aren't good. I'd hate to muddy the water with a proposed date when my schedule is so full.

It looks like we're spending Spring Break in Naples (hope to bring the boat but need to figure out storage) so maybe we'll run into some of you then. And, I'll follow this thread and see what happens.

NSBCraig

Lieutenant Commander

Ah so it's your turn nlian!

Great where we going?

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

Hey Craig...I was hoping you would be interested!

nlain

Commander

Hey Craig, it would appear that we are looking at Richards area already. I have looked around up here for a good place that could work for all, it is a difficult thing to do. Still looking at different things and places.

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

Hey peoples!!!

Long time no speak... Sorry. This is the first time in many months For me. I know, I've said it before, to many times... "Sometimes, life just gets in the way." Sad thing is, it's been so long... most may not even had remembered had I not brought it up.;)

But anyway... Good to hear from "The Crew" again.:) Gonna have to send out some PM's and make some phone calls... Some are still unaccounted for.

Good speaking with you last night, nlain. Here I am, as promised.:) I'll give you a call later today or this evening. Still haven't heard from Fireman.

Wasssssopp sasto, NSBcraig, Coastal Richard, and where are you Fireman, alexr254, HomeStone(1stmatecarrol&skipper skip)?

Back to the subject at hand, though... My family is probably best with June.

So... That being said...

Is it June yet???:)

Yeah yeah yeah... Some things simply don't change.:)

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

Ahoy veritas...glad to hear you're still swimmin around! With your help (and the rest on your list) we should be able to put on a command performance for this year.

I'm liking June too. It'll give us plenty of time to plan this as well as let people put it in their schedules.

Not trying to be selfish in promoting my area, but it does have alot to offer. Launch facilities are abundant, not crazy busy, and convenient for access to the St. George Sound (bay), Gulf of Mexico and Apalachicola River.

I mentioned offering to host a bonfire on Friday night (assuming folks want to arrive on Friday). I have PLENTY of space for folks. My commissary is here on the property allowing us to prepare/cook ANYTHING we want. If it rains, I have a large screened porch with all the creature comforts. I'm located six miles from either SGI or Apalach and only two blocks from the bay.

There are at least three distinct activities that we could plan for Saturday (and/or Sunday):

Fishing: flats, bay and gulf spots are abundant.

Cruising/Sightseeing: Direct access to river (very scenic here) and barrier islands (Dog, Little St. George and St. Vincent).

Beaches: lots and lots of beachfront on SGI and the other barrier islands (only by boat!).

Here's more:

Weather-Friendly: as long as it's not raining, weather won't affect WHAT we do just WHERE. If it's blowing too strong or from the wrong direction for bay or gulf activities, we can always stage a Saturday luau (or whatever) up-river at one of the many sandbars along the Apalach.

Accommodations: Plenty of hotels/motels in Apalach and on SGI and a very nice campground on the bay on SGI.

This area is very much "Old Florida" and I would LOVE for my iboats friends to experience it.

Jeeeeez...Louie...this could be HUGE! LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN!

nlain

Commander

Hey Veritas, it was good to talk to you as well, your bride must have called you immediately after I messaged her, was only a few min til we were talking. Looking forward to hearing from you again today.

Hey Richard, you are not being selfish at all, it sounds like a great area, hope to see it soon.

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

OK...let's start looking closer. June has 5 weekends beginning with Saturday the 1st. All interested folks please look at your schedules and determine your best bet for June (I have no current conflicts for the entire month). Post back here or PM me.

The Rooster

Ensign

OK...let's start looking closer. June has 5 weekends beginning with Saturday the 1st. All interested folks please look at your schedules and determine your best bet for June (I have no current conflicts for the entire month). Post back here or PM me.

Well if you still don't have any objections to a "Coon ***' coming, June 14-15-16 or June 28-29-30 looks promising for us. I wonder if we could entice "Incoop" in to coming from Arkansas. He cooks up a mean "road kill" !!!:lol:

NSBCraig

Lieutenant Commander

June sounds great and going to Richards area does too!

Any time in June works for me, it's not like I can schedule work that far ahead. So name it and I'm in.

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

OK, making progress. We have two dates suggested by Rooster and, as for me, NSBCraig and Veritas Honus, either will be doable:

June 14-15-16 (Fathers Day W/E) and
June 28-29-30 (week prior to 4th of July)

Rooster - does that answer your question?:rolleyes:

VH - I sent a PM to those in your post...waiting on replies

Sasto - I'm saving your seat on the bridge!