FAIRENHEIT 9/11 REVIEW

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
This is an excerpt from Christopher Hitchins review of Michael Moores new film. I think I can miss this one..<br /><br />To describe this film as dishonest and demagogic would almost be to promote those terms to the level of respectability. To describe this film as a piece of crap would be to run the risk of a discourse that would never again rise above the excremental. To describe it as an exercise in facile crowd-pleasing would be too obvious. Fahrenheit 9/11 is a sinister exercise in moral frivolity, crudely disguised as an exercise in seriousness. It is also a spectacle of abject political cowardice masking itself as a demonstration of "dissenting" bravery.<br /><br />I think he didn't like it.. :confused: :confused: <br /><br />To those who are looking for a good movie to rent the next rainy weekend with your best girl then rent "50 first dates" This is an Adam Sandler chick flick movie. But it is from its core an Adam Sandler movie. None of his movies are going to change the world but they always make you feel better after watching one and this is no exception. I laughed my considerable a$$ off. Women will love this movie. Ann cried for an Adam Sandler movie. The soundtrack is great as well - going out to buy that this weekend.<br /><br />This is a great crossover guy movie/chick flick that makes you feel great after watching it as well as your date.

NOSLEEP

Commander
Re: FAIRENHEIT 9/11 REVIEW

A well worded description of a gutter film.

gaugeguy

Captain

Mike Moore needs to be dragged (kicking and screaming I'm sure) out to the woodpile for an old fashioned whoopin.

KennyKenCan

Commander

Man, I wish Al-Quida would kidnap Mike Moore and chop his head off! <br /><br />Totally treasonous film in my opinion!<br /><br />For every point pointed out in the film as being a fact, has already been proven to be a fabrication!<br /><br />Don't waste you money and time!<br /><br />Politics at its worst!

salty87

Commander

propaganda and crap, not getting my money.

mattttt25

Commander

have you all seen it? i plan to check it out, at least looks like good entertainment for what it is.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Not planning on it, If I want politic's like that I simply have to go to the New York Times.<br /><br />50 first dates I did see. I was really a good movie. But then again what Adam Sandler movie isn't worth 90 minutes of my time???

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

have to say I'm curious and I really liked his<br />last Movie; "bowling for Columbine".<br />anybody else see that one?<br />will reserve judgement on this one till I see it.<br />(for free on cable some day)

oddjob

Commander

I didnt see the film "Bowling for Columbine". The title quewd me that this genius is so talented that he needs to highjack a tragedy to sell a film. If I'm wrong about the content then please enlighten me. <br /><br />Same thing with (911), not impressed, he's a knowbody to me. After seeing him on TV interviews, and other reports about him. I'm baffled at any popularity he receives.<br /><br />Theres a real documentary in Irag and the middle east right now but Hollywood has another agenda.

Butch Ammon

Petty Officer 1st Class

I refuse to see the film. I like what Gaugeguy and KKC said! Makes me want to pound my fist on the desk and bellow a hearty, "H*LL YEAH!" :cool: <br /><br />Butch A.

salty87

Commander

i skipped on bowling for columbine for the exact reason you mentioned, oddjob. that was a tasteless move to capitalize on an american tragedy.....hmmm, sounds awfully similar to F911.<br /><br />moore didn't even ask for ray bradbury's permission to molest his title...http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040619/D83A0PJ00.html<br /><br />i did watch 'Roger and Me' over the weekend...another load of crap. how he made that entire movie without figuring out the basics of business and economics is a prime example of his say-anything-to-prove-his-point agenda.

blacktie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

oddjob...it isn't popularity he has, it is controversy. most people I talk to think he is an....well...you know. And it isn't a documentary (IMO)...a documentary deals in facts...not twisted, out of context political attacks. I also will not watch any of that clown's "work"

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Yes I did see bowling for Columbine,and yes I will go see Fahrenheit 9/11.I am not used to deciding about a subject by reading someone elses opinion about it.Especially when that someone else has his own political agenda.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Review was taken from "Slate" on-line magazine. M. Moore has no agenda???? Do I need to see the movie to know what it is???? His movies in the past have been factually challenged...

KennyKenCan

Commander

I saw a preview of that movie here in NYC!<br /><br />Thats how I made the judgements I made above!<br /><br />Horribly horriffic single-sided opinion based on fiction, being sold as fact!

blacktie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I don't base my decisions on anything I read from any reviewer or columnists...I base it on listening Moore in numerous interviews from interviewers on both sides of the political spectrum. The dude employs the strategy from the movie "wag the dog"...say anything long enough, and get the media to print or air it, and it will become "truth", even if it has no basis in fact. I have no use for people like that (right or left on the spectrum). Those types of people will think nothing of tearing our country apart internally to try to prove that they are right. Watch and see how this election unfolds. While Moore, Al Franken, and others tear away at the President, rest assured that there are "reporters" out there digging, and they will uncover equally problematic situations with Kerry (dig long enough, you will find something). Then we the public will be left to choose our leader from a beaten down sitting President, and a scandal-clad contender while the rest of the world mocks us and our system which is completely out of control because of the media.<br /><br />but I can understand why some might want to see the movie....enjoy it.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Mike Moore is Alqueda, and should be shot or taken prisoner at the earliest opertunity.

BinLurkin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Oddjob got it for me. "The title quewd me that this genius is so talented that he needs to highjack a tragedy to sell a film." I never could figure out that title either. I haven't seen it & don't plan on it. That being the case, I probably shouldn't have made this post.

Drowned Rat

Captain

"Bowling for Columbine" got it's name because Eric and Dylan waited until after their bowling class to go on the rampage because they liked that class.

BinLurkin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thank you for that, DR. Regards, Been lurkin.