FAIRENHEIT 9/11 REVIEW

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
Re: FAIRENHEIT 9/11 REVIEW

am I the only pro-bush pro-war person who would<br />actually sit down and watch this movie? (for free)<br />sure ain't gonna change MY views... anybody who<br />get's their political view from a movie is an<br />idiot to begin with. as for strong box office<br />opening, it's totally due to all the controversey<br />that was created by Disney when they refused to<br />distribute the film. Moore took full advantage.<br />and I don't blame him, his job is to sell tickets<br />plain and simple.<br />who believes what they see at the movies anyways?<br />is there really a spiderman? :p

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Check out Michael Moore's latest attack on Disney...<br /><br /> http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/latestnews/statements/index.php?id=41 <br /><br /><br />My own view is - good on Disney for having the common sense and ethical values to keep well clear of this nasty piece of propaganda. It's a relief to know that not all of the big entertainment companies are run by left wing fanatics.

BinLurkin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

This is a movie, a motion picture, not a documentary. Kind of like the Mel Gibson movie. It's all fiction. From what I hear there ain't a fact in either movie. If it was factual it would be a documentary, as well as a movie. But it ain't, is it?

rolmops

Vice Admiral

I went to see the movie.At some points it was hilarious, at others scary because much of it is true.Yet other parts were too far out there to be real.<br />Just a movie? no. Purely documentary? I certainly hope not.<br />The sad thing is that we need Michael Moore in order to neutralize "doctor democracy" Rush Limbaugh the drug addict.<br />By the way. The fact that Disney did not support the movie on the grounds that it is politically motivated is pure hypocracy,because it is the same Disney that has Rush Limbaugh every afternoon on one of the channels that it owns.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by rolmops:<br /> The sad thing is that we need Michael Moore in order to neutralize "doctor democracy" Rush Limbaugh the drug addict.<br />By the way. The fact that Disney did not support the movie on the grounds that it is politically motivated is pure hypocracy,because it is the same Disney that has Rush Limbaugh every afternoon on one of the channels that it owns.
Rolmops, you really do live in Fantasy Land!

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

I won't see the piece of film... No need... Seen all the events unfold already, put it all together with the little bit of brains i still have in my noggin, formed my opinion and that's that... No film, politician, or newsman's gonna change it either... <br /><br /> The sunday paper (palm beach compost) is about it for me anymore.. Skip all the junk and go straight for the commics (gotta see what Opus and Bill are up to. Mutts too.)...<br /><br />Don't think there are too many un-disputable facts anymore, just spin... Liberal, Conservative, even middle of the road.. All spin up stories to portray themselves in a good light.. Most stories, like this film, are completely and totally full of $#!t, and it getting about knee deep... Dubya and puppet-master Chenney are full it... Moore is full of it... Limbaugh is full of it... Kerry is full of it... I'm full of it...<br /><br /> Americas job.. The manufacture, distribution, and sale of bull-puckey... Thats what we do do!<br /><br />I'm snapperbait, and I approved this message.. :p

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

I am not going to see it because it ticks me off just watching the adds. The step daughter went and saw it. She likes to be in the middle of controversy. She had to sit and tell us about it. I then directed her to the facts, which she doesn't want to spend the time to read. <br /><br />I think if I went to see it, I would not be able to keep my mouth shut and I would end up in a fight with a gungho liberal.<br /><br />I am just going to work on the boat this long weekend and enjoy some cold ones. This is all starting to really tick me off.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

rolmops,<br /><br />Can you highlight the points that were true? Or would that make this movie more like a commercial.<br /><br />Does having 2 accurate facts make up for the 10 that were presented as facts but are really fabrications?

blacktie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

rolmops....<br /><br />just so I am clear...<br /><br />Disney (which is a public corporation, but NOT a government agency of any sort) should not be able to pick and choose the viewpoints it decides to release in it's films or other media outlets?...why not carry that logic a step further and require the Weinstein brothers (who released the film) to also release an equally controversial, equally false, and equally inflammatory movie that takes a conservative stance against perhaps....Senator Kerry?. Are they not guilty of the same "hypocrisy" that you accuse Disney of?

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Just seen a review on this film on a popular program on prime time in UK. It got slated some guy tried to defend it but the overall it got slated as biased , untrue , claptrap that was 1hr 45 mnutes to long. What concerns me is that its shown as a documentary and overhere normally they are balanced with a biase one way, bit apparently this is so far one way it fell off the other side.<br /><br />One Ill miss!

rolmops

Vice Admiral

The thing that struck me most in the movie was the scene in Flint ,Michigan where he goes up to a congressman asking whether he would like any of his kids to volunteer to go join the army.<br />It made me realize that our army is made up of the less privileged classes who, when asked to do so,will step up to the plate, go do it and often pay the ultimate price.This had nothing to do with my political views,but it was a powerful observation.

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

rolmops,<br />That has always been the case. If I could have been able to afford Harvard, I'm sure I would have never joined the Army.

blacktie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It looks like Fahrenheit 9/11 was a big hit. #1 movie in the country while playing in 1/4 of the theatres. America has spoken.
dang! that spiderman 2 movie stole Moore's spotlight!

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

Not even Moore can beat Spiderman! :D <br /><br />But it did come in #2, on half as many screens as any other movie.

BinLurkin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Not so fast there. Last I heard it was #1 the first week then Spidey beat him & it was #2 the second week.

ebbtide176

Commander

its sad that the media is gaining ground on our goverment in swaying views of the average american. yes, it should be obvious to the average american, but i think most people still spend the majority of their time trying to make ends meet, and expect the news to give them the objective sort of view on the world...<br /><br />sadly, it ain't happening. i guess before long, everyone will have to think everything they hear & read is bull----. what a pity<br /><br />just a thought

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by ebb:<br /> its sad that the media is gaining ground on our goverment in swaying views of the average american. yes, it should be obvious to the average american, but i think most people still spend the majority of their time trying to make ends meet, and expect the news to give them the objective sort of view on the world...<br /><br />sadly, it ain't happening. i guess before long, everyone will have to think everything they hear & read is bull----. what a pity<br /><br />just a thought
Well said ebb. I've contended the same for some time now. Newsmakers know that people are so busy that they only listen with one ear. So the more nonesense that they can spew out, in the fewest sound bites, stick. I also like the pouting subtleties of the Dan Rathers when they read their news with jist a lil bit of personal bias BLARING thru. However, on the brighter side, I think that more and more people are becoming aware of this, hence the popularity of Fox News and other alternate sources.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

The media influenced support for the war also. All I can remember hearing before the war was how bad Saddam was and that he had WMD's and he was ready to use them. People have changed their minds about the war. It could be because of the media. It could also be because we've been caught torturing prisoners, no stockpiles of WMD have been found, and there was no collaborative relationship between Iraq and Al Qaeda.

ebbtide176

Commander

well, kiss my grits<br /><br />the media and every disillusioned american can throw down their crack pipe and remember back when, if they try hard enough. to hell with the media dwelling on WMD & daily losses in war!<br /><br />let me remind everyone - we were all PC and diplomatic until 3k innocents lost their lives that day back in Sept.<br /><br />IF you have a problem with producing a WMD for you to lay a hand on, then remember to check the facts- the mofos hadem back when they lobbed on the kurds. dam this is getting old. sorry to get irate<br /><br />how in - never mind. uh, let me ask you, if you think we should just cut our losses and come back & sit around here, do you think we'll be ok? or if maybe we'd never gone over and busted up iraq- ya think it'd all work out by issuing embargoes & diplomatic ties?<br /><br />i'm at a loss. i can't fathom the logic in pascifism on this plane.