FAIRENHEIT 9/11 REVIEW

blacktie

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: FAIRENHEIT 9/11 REVIEW

This is the part of the campaign finance reform law that Mr. Moore (or more specifically, the Weinstein Brothers, and their film distribution company) allegedly violated...<br /><br />Restrictions on Broadcast Ads Featuring Federal Candidates<br /><br />When Congress passed the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act of 2002<br />(BCRA), it imposed new restrictions on broadcast advertisements designed to influence<br />the outcome of a Federal election. Prior to BCRA’s enactment, ads by independent<br />groups (except for political committees) were subject to the Commission’s authority only<br />if they expressly advocated the election or defeat of a candidate. BCRA, however,<br />imposes restrictions on a broader array of ads, which are called “electioneering<br />communications.”<br /> An “electioneering communication” is defined to include “any broadcast,<br />cable or satellite communication which—<br />(I) refers to a clearly identified candidate for Federal office;<br />(II) is made within—<br />(aa) 60 days before a general, special, or runoff<br />election for the office sought by the candidate; or<br />(bb) 30 days before a primary or preference election,<br />or a convention or caucus of a political party that has<br />authority to nominate a candidate, for the office<br />sought by the candidate; and<br />(III) in the case of a communication which refers to a<br />candidate for an office other than President or Vice<br />President, is targeted to the relevant electorate.<br />2 U.S.C. § 434(f)(3)(A)(i).<br /> Corporations are barred from paying for electioneering communications. 2<br />U.S.C. § 441b(2).<br /> Foreign nationals are barred from directly or indirectly funding<br />electioneering communications. 2 U.S.C. § 441e(a)(1)(C). (The<br />definition of a foreign national includes natural persons, as well as foreign<br />entities, such as corporations organized under the laws of a foreign<br />country. See 22 U.S.C. § 611(b).)<br /> Persons making electioneering communications are required to disclosure<br />their expenditures to the Federal Election Commission within 24 hours of<br />the date on which the disbursements for the production and airing of the<br />communications exceed $10,000 within a calendar year. 2 U.S.C. §§<br />434(f)(1) and (4).<br /> Ads that qualify as electioneering communications must also include a<br />disclosure statement that includes:<br />the name and permanent street address, telephone<br />number or World Wide Web address of the person<br />who paid for the communication and state that the<br />communication is not authorized by any candidate<br />or candidate’s committee.<br />2 U.S.C. § 441d(a)(3).

Homerr

Commander

I won't see this movie, or whatever you want to call it.<br />If I need to induce vomiting, I might see it :D <br /><br />If you feel compelled to see it, I suggest getting it off the internet for free so NONE of your money goes toward the campaign (as you know some of it does)<br /><br />H.

crab bait

Captain

they oughta tar & feather him an run him outta town.. an shoot that messenger in the process..

Link

Rear Admiral

KKC <br />
Man, I wish Al-Quida would kidnap Mike Moore and chop his head off! <br /><br />Totally treasonous film in my opinion!<br /><br />For every point pointed out in the film as being a fact, has already been proven to be a fabrication!<br /><br />Don't waste you money and time!<br /><br />Politics at its worst! <br />
Just like BFC, totally political and nothing to do with facts. I even saw him admit that about 4 months after he recieved a award for BFC!<br /><br />Al-Quida ?? Why would they hurt one of their own? I think they love the work Moore and our main stream media are doing. Don't forget all of Moores Hollwierd friends that just love his latest lie!<br /><br />Time to go play with my kits... :)

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Crab - Classic! :D :D :D <br /><br />Do they still have LYNCH MOBS over there ?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

You betcha 62_Kiwi,<br /><br />
hanged.gif

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

It looks like Fahrenheit 9/11 was a big hit. #1 movie in the country while playing in 1/4 of the theatres. America has spoken.

crab bait

Captain

rumour has it.. moore is filming a new movie where KERRY is savin' a viet village single handed with a crossbow an a survival knife..<br /><br />to be released in MID october..

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

It looks like Fahrenheit 9/11 was a big hit. #1 movie in the country while playing in 1/4 of the theatres. America has spoken
America has spoken, what have they said. Homerr needed to puke, Liberals like movies, They wanted to get a good laugh, Fiction makes good entertainment, self-loathing has become a way of life? Hate is in fashion?

gaugeguy

Captain

I was at an event Saturday night where 99% of the people there were extreme left wingers (about 6,000 people), there were only a handful of conservatives there.<br /><br />They were pushing this movie and begging people to see it, to register to vote and to "change the world" come November.<br /><br />All you right wingers out there, make YOUR VOTE count ;)

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

We were talking about our votes this past weekend. We tend to think in our family that after this election, there might end up being another civil war. If not soon, then some time in the future. Things are really looking like a severe split in this country.

SCO

Lieutenant

There is going to be no civil war. The left might protest us severely though.

blacktie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

really, it is the extremes at both ends (which I am convinced are a small minority) that are garnering all of the pub. Why?....it gets ratings. What we are in now folks, is a full blown media war (yes, war), where we have hundreds of media outlets all vying for your advertising dollar. From a zillion channels on TV, to print, to web, etc, all of them have to be more outrageous than the rest to get their ratings and ca$h. That is why you hear all about the Michael Moore's and Rush Limbaugh's of the world. They generate controversy, and thus ratings. You never hear about the moderate republican or democratic congressman who take a much more pragmatic approach to things. That is boring. The sad part is, the longer the media panders to the extremes, the more America, and more importantly, the world believes that it represents what Americans think.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Got into a heated discussion with the step girls last night. They want to go see this movie, because everyone is just raving about it!<br /><br />The one is 17, so we can't stop her from seeing it. The problem is that she leans heavy toward the left, and has a big mouth to match the rear. Not to mention she is a pathilogical lier. This is going to get ugly once she sees it. I already hear crap about me having guns locked up in my room, or the fact that I carry one at times.<br /><br />I think that when people claim something is a documentary, then they should be held accountable if it's just a bunch of twisted crap. Now we have to worry about our kids getting this junk into their heads. This is just wonderful. We will have another zombie walking around repeating garbage.

oddjob

Commander

Michael Moore's and Rush Limbaugh's
Sorry, to interrupt, but I dont think whats his name belongs in the same sentence as Rush Limbaugh. Just a personal observation. Rush is RIGHT!

gaugeguy

Captain

doc·u·men·ta·ry <br />adj. <br />Consisting of, concerning, or based on documents. <br />Presenting facts objectively without editorializing or inserting fictional matter, as in a book or film. <br /><br />n. pl. doc·u·men·ta·ries <br />A work, such as a film or television program, presenting political, social, or historical subject matter in a factual and informative manner and often consisting of actual news films or interviews accompanied by narration. <br /><br /><br />This film is NOT a documentary, and I am really sick of the biased liberal media calling it that. :mad:

blacktie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The more they call it a documentary, the more people begin to believe it is. The more people who believe it is a documentary, the more the lies start to be accepted as truth. Excellent point gaugeguy.

Carphunter

Commander

It really disturbs me that anyone would try to profit from this tragedy. Micheal Moore has proven in previous films that he is a liar and a fraud, two qualities adored by the left-wing liberals.<br /><br />People like Micheal Moore are the real threat to this Country..................and the people who believe this trash, should pack up and move elsewhere, 'cause you ain't AMERICAN !