Explosions in London

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Explosions in London

Thanks for the kind thoughts folks.<br />John said that he was able to get home finally after 4.00pm local time when the buses started running again.<br />Makes us a lot happier now.<br />Next problem for me is:<br /> where are all those darn fish?<br /><br />Wife and I are off on holiday for a week to chase the Rainbow Trout out of Lake Taupo.<br /><br />I need the r & r now.<br /><br />Peter

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by peterf:<br /> Our son has just phoned in, John is at home (11.00 pm London) and is OK, Missed the chaos by less than 5 minutes as he arrived at work.<br /><br />Peter
Glad to hear the news...my thoughts and prayers will be with those less fortunate...

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer

62 Kiwi,<br />I heard that they shut down the cellular network to prevent it being used to detonate any more devices.<br />Son told me that he could use text but was receiving batches of upto 10 msgs at a time.

imstillatwork

Petty Officer 2nd Class

politics is what causes war in the first place...When a group of humans think that they can succesfully govern another group of humans, you KNOW there is going to be problems...

davemaxi1970

Petty Officer 1st Class

latest news from uk 51 confirmed dead around 100 thought to be dead as they have not yet gained access to one of the tube bomb sites ,lots of people wandering around with pictures of missing loved ones looking for information ,reminds me of 9/11 thank goodness its not on the same scale,god bless them all and give them the strength to carry on ,

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Also appears that the bus bomb was a suicide bomber though it's not been officially confirmed. BBC news had an interview earlier with a man who left the bus 2 mins before the explosion because someone with a bag to the rear of the top deck was acting very oddly.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

I hope that these murderers are caught quickly.<br /><br />The emergency response teams have done a superb job due to their excellent training, they have been really remarkable in their effort.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

I just hope the perpetrators don't get the chance to blow themselves up like the Madrid bombers did. These scum deserve the treatment they'll get from the other prisoners during their life sentences.

crab bait

Captain

bin laden 'who' shim laden .. <br /><br />we got saddam.. !!

PW2

Commander

I too feel for our UK friends. <br /><br />As far as the political side of this, it is political--no question.<br /><br />For some of you on the right that wish to misrepresent either history (re: whether we should go into Afghanistan) or what I said ("If we could figure out why the don't like us") to further a failed political idealology--<br /><br />I just say--show us some results. It doesn't seem to me that the civilized world is any safer now than it was prior to 9/11.<br /><br />We have not got Bin Laden, Afghanistan is virtually as lawless as ever, Iraq is a complete mess, and America seems to have a dimished leadership role in the world.<br /><br />Is this the progress of which you speak?

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

It's political if you wish it to be. Myself, I'd rather focus on supporting our friends in the UK and try to find the terrorists that did this. Debating politics here is like beating a dead horse, nothing good or bad will come of it, it's just a waste of time. That's just me.

crab bait

Captain

here's my plan.. <br /><br />release saddam .. give him back his own country ( that we gave him before ).. <br />let him re-assemble his rep.guard army.. <br />an he'll neatly clean up his own country of the vermin.. <br /><br />then we pull out back to afganistan an finish what we started..

Ralph 123

Captain

Afghanistan is virtually as lawless as ever
Yup, they are still training terrorists there by the thousands in the open with the support of the government and nearly unlimited funding. Let's see, while Clinton was in office, 60,000 were trained. I wonder how many have been trained there since? The chemical weapons test on animals are still going on unabated. Terror plans and attacks are still being planned and executed against the US from there, like WTC1, 911, Kobar, African Embassies, The Cole, etc... Women are still being beaten in the streets for just leaving their homes and people executed in the public squares for offenses against Islam like dancing. Ancient religious symbols are still being dynamited off cliff faces. Islamic law still governs with no hope of freedom or democracy.<br /><br />
we are no safer now
Boy, some people are so delusional or uninformed it is scary!... 2/3rds of the Al Qaeda leadership has been killed or captured. They haven't attempted another attack on US soil since. Bin Laden is hiding in a cave like the coward he is. Thousands and thousands of terrorists who would slice your throat just because of who you are have been killed. Syria has been forced to pull out of Lebanon. Libya was forced to end their nuclear weapons program and turned it all over to the US. The AQ Khan nuclear network was broken up. We have the beginning of Democratic movements in Iraq, Afghanistan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Palestine. On and on and on!!!!! No safer? Right. <br /><br /><br />Weakness and restraint will get you killed with these animals. Just ask the people they beheaded who were sympathetic to their "cause." If you aren't fully one of them you are their enemy and they will slice your throat if given the chance. Unfortunately, some people just refuse to accept the reality and won't until it hits a little closer to home. Better to focus on aid to Africa or something than to deal with such harsh realities... <br /><br />Hey, no one wanted to confront the Nazis either until it was almost too late. Churchill was VILIFIED, called a war monger and ostracized for his warnings until it was almost too late. Everybody wanted to believe Chamberlain that they could "have peace in [their] time." Unfortunately, it's going to take another big wakeup call that dwarfs 911 to wake the world up once again. It is what it is...

Ralph 123

Captain

then we pull out back to afganistan an finish what we started
Great plan. Let's go to where the terrorists were instead of where they are...makes perfect sense to me.

Skinnywater

Commander

....Or, Bush and Blair hold a joint press conference. They announce to the entire world that the next terrorist attack will result in Mecca being the target of a 24 hour B52 fireworks display.....In addition, as of yesterday, all immediate family members of all known suicide bombers, Bin Laden, Al-Zakari, any family member of any and all known terrorists are primary targets of revenge bombings. <br /><br />Instead of being refered to as "infadels", I want to be refered to by the Islamic extremeists as "Crazy Americans". At this point I'm very curious if they value their innocent as much as we do ours. <br />I don't want these people to just hate us, or even respect us. I want them to genuinely fear us.<br /><br />If 500 or so "terrorist" bombs go off in Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan once a week and WE take resposibility for them then it's likely we can end this war by the end of the year.

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Can't argue with Ralph. Well said.

crab bait

Captain

it's only 17 days by camel.. <br /><br />they'll be there waitin' for us..

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by Ralph:<br />
then we pull out back to afganistan an finish what we started
Great plan. Let's go to where the terrorists were instead of where they are...makes perfect sense to me.
Didn't you hear? Just a while back, one of our helicopters with 16 people inside was shot down in Afghanistan. I wouldn't say there aren't any terrorists there. I'd say there are probably more and more showing back up every day. Just like in Iraq. I read today that 10 Afghan soldiers were found beheaded by the Taliban. There's still plenty of work to be done in Afghanistan.