Explosions in London

K Hultgre

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Explosions in London

Thoughts and Prayers for our friends in the UK.

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Having been to Great Britan a number of times, especially London, I am familiar with some of the effected area's. One of the area's hit today, is a section of London called "Kings Cross." It is like a middle eastern city in it's self. When I have been in that section, I have always felt uneasy. I would assume others on this board who have been in that area might agree with me.<br /><br />The London Metro Police, which includes Scotland Yard, is one of the highest quality police agencies in the world. I feel they will have a number of the "perps", involved in these incident's, identified im a matter of day's. Having had ridden with several British agencies over the years and worked domesticly with Scotland Yard members here, due to my former afiliations, I find they are not limited by the extreme "PC" restraints, as the police in the USA are forced to endure. Thus they can go "deeper" into investigations, in a more expeditious manner.<br /><br /> ...Bob in Calif...

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

I called London and spoke to my mother this morning, so i know that both of my parents are well and all other relatives are accounted for, as of this moment most of my friends are too, except for one that no one has heard from as of yet.

Booner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Quote" from oddjob<br />“Bush's fault again! If he had just stayed home he wouldn't have provoked them. We should thank Al Queida for going so lite this time around.”<br /><br />Bush had nothing to do with the attack. Don't you get it Oddball that’s what the terrorists want to do is divide and concor? Separate the week liberal Dem's that will just give into the terrorist’s demands. From the rest of the world that will stand up and fight the murdering cowards that they are. <br />PS: I served 21 years in the military. How many did you do?

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

I do believe that was sarcasm from Oddjob...........I hope.

oddjob

Commander

Yes Booner Mikeandronda is correct...I was just sounding what we may hear by media sooner or later.. :D ..just a prediction. Thanks for your service:)....I only served 5.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Herd on the news, they think the bomb that went off on the bus was destine for the underground also. But it went off prematurely.

eeboater

Commander

Hey Booner -- I agree with every word you said! Also, I second that Oddjob was being sarcastic.<br /><br /><br />Sean<br /><br /><br />P.S. Thank you for your service.

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

Hi All <br /><br />Sh1t Day!!!!<br /><br />My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and thier families.<br /><br />I fear that the death toll is going to be far higher, the underground durring rush hour is totaly packed. I think the whole of Britain is holding its breath and waiting for the dust to settle.<br /><br />I just hope the spineless pieces of cr*p who did this are soon caught and when they are the "PC" manual is thrown away.

davemaxi1970

Petty Officer 1st Class

latest news from uk 700 injured 37 dead 45 in a critical condition .......dont know what else to say :( :(

cmyers_uk

Its a sad day but one that's been expected since we went into Iraq / Afganistan. As we found out with the IRA, there is no way to stop these sorts of attacks and keep a free democratic country. I hope that they manage to find this cell and send in the SAS to send them to paradise no doubt well then be in court for infinging their human rights. One report has said that the bus was a suicide bomber.

davemaxi1970

Petty Officer 1st Class

chris cant help but agree just leave me in a room with bin laden and my trusty toolbox and I would have him converted to christianity very soon he would pray for death

cmyers_uk

Just been watching more news coverage and one thing worth saying is how good the police , firemen , hospitals and ambulances were. The practice and training for an incident like this has paid off. Im also glad the G8 conference is continuing to allow the terrorist to disrupt it would be like they had succeaded.

PW2

Commander

Well, so much for the theory of fighting them there so we don't have to fight them here.<br /><br />And I don't understand where the idea comes from that liberals are somehow "weak" on fighting terrorists.<br /><br />While I would agree with the sentiment of attacking someone for this event, brute force alone is not likely to prevail in this fight. If it would prevail, I would be for it--no question.<br /><br />But it is kind of like getting stung by a few hornets, and taking a baseball bat and swinging away at the hornet's nest. While it may feel good for a brief period, it will probably increase the problem long term. you have to systematically control the nest somehow.<br /><br />The key to fighting terror, and what the right doesn't seem to understand, is we have to be smarter than the terrorists, and not just stronger. Use strength when appropriate (like we did in Afghanistan) but we absolutely have to get the rational Muslims somehow on our side. You must destroy the irrational faction of Muslims.<br /><br />Give me a smart liberal and his tactics, over the simplistic ineffective tactics of a conservative any day.<br /><br />It won't be simple to do, of course, nor easy, but at least it has a chance of success.<br /><br />Or we could nuke them all, of course.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Think I may have had a fairly lucky escape.<br /><br />Luckily enough I missed the trip I was due to make into central London today due to the semi breaking down about 40 miles out. A lot of the guys I work with came back very late from there but no-one I knew was near the bombs when they exploded.<br /><br />I'm just pleased that the terrorists haven't taken a leaf out of the IRA's book from the 1970's. It's a miracle that there weren't more dead.<br /><br />Maybe it's time that the British government got off their fat arses and deported the fundamentalists that they allow to actively preach against us. But then that wouldn't be PC would it...

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

PW2, nobody is seriously talking about using nukes - except possibly Al Qaeda - which is a worrying thought.<br /><br />Liberal tactics are what helps the enemy - we need a more hard line approach against this threat to our civilisation. What we need are more resources targeted at leaving no stone unturned until these vermin are exterminated from our planet. There is no place in our gene pool for this truely evil and ghastly mutation.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by PW2:<br /> Well, so much for the theory of fighting them there so we don't have to fight them here.<br /><br /><br />While I would agree with the sentiment of attacking someone for this event, <br /><br /><br /> <br /><br />Or we could nuke them all, of course. <br />
PW2, This is where i'll agree with you 100% <br />and i'm not being scarcastic to say the least.

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer

What a bunch of cowards!!!!<br />Our son is in London and works right in the city in Shaftesbury Ave.<br />He is OK, had just got to work when everything went to toast.<br />My wife went into a mild panic though.<br />I have had a Text message and an email from him.<br />It was a very worrying time watching this on BBC News last night and trying to get in touch with him at the same time.<br />I have been in touch with the Govt agency here in NZ to pass on that he is OK so they are able to cross his name off the list of those they are trying to locate.<br /> :( <br />Peter

eeboater

Commander

PW2:<br /><br />If I had to choose between a Terrorist we made a "deal" with and a dead terrorist. I'm going to go with a dead terrorist. <br /><br />You make your deals and "be smarther the terrorists." And when you're walking away with your "deal" and they turn around and lob your head off, don't come *****ing to me.<br /><br />These are not people who can be negotiated with. They want you, me, everyone who doesn't agree with them to be dead.<br /><br />Simplistic, ineffective tactics you say? Not to sound cold but this was an act of a WEAK Al Qaeda. Why do I say weak? Because they went from killing 3000 people to killing several hundred. I personally feel that our simplistic, ineffective tactics are working quite well.<br /><br />You guys HATED the fact we went into Afghanistan. And now your toting it in your favor?<br /><br />Sean

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've been listening to the reports since 6:30 this morning and my emotions have been swinging back and forth between shock, rage and sadness. Evidently there were two more unexploded bombs discovered, sounds like this could have been much, much worse. The UK is our best friend in the entire world and it is really painful to watch all of this unfold. Tony Blair's short speech this morning was right on. Go ahead and keep attacking us like the cowards you are and that will only strengthen our resolve to wipe you animals off the face of the planet.<br /><br />Edit: Probably doesn't need to be said but I didn't mean to suggest that folks like the Aussies, Kiwis, etc. are not our best friends either, they are.