Explosions in London

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Explosions in London

George Carlin is absolutely correct in that statement. Add a few words and see if it makes any more sense. 'Religion (Islam) is doing what you're told (wear headscarves, wear explosive vests, etc.), regardless of what's right (love thy neighbor), Morality (Western Civilization style), is doing what is right (exterminating A-holes that wish you dead), regardless of what you are told (by the whining liberal types that wish to make peace with terrorists).'<br /><br />AAAGH! Now I know why I hate to talk about politics. No hate on y'all, just had to get that off my chest.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

I think I agree with Skinnywater....<br /><br />An eye for an eye might not be right, but it'd work...

PW2

Commander

I find it somewhat ironic the suggestion that somehow we should follow Putin's tougher tactics.<br /><br />I don't think anyone could improve on Saddam's ability to stifle political dissent and keep the population in line, which of course is why we took out Saddam in the first place.<br /><br />Now, in order to solve this problem, we need to get more Saddam-like.<br /><br />Now that is rich!

Skinnywater

Commander

It's ironic that you compare what bad men do during times of peace to what good men must do to win a war.

crab bait

Captain

in the over-all scope of life on this planet,, it's still boils down to .... it's done to people....<br /><br /><br />like this bs war had to be.. an war makes it ok...

oddjob

Commander

Originally posted by PW2:<br /> I find it somewhat ironic the suggestion that somehow we should follow Putin's tougher tactics.<br /><br />I don't think anyone could improve on Saddam's ability to stifle political dissent and keep the population in line, which of course is why we took out Saddam in the first place.<br /><br />Now, in order to solve this problem, we need to get more Saddam-like.<br /><br />Now that is rich!
er excuse me....saddam is in captivity in a prison cell. Why yes PW, YOU and all sympithizers should immediately become more saddamm like. Yeah! please go for it!..crawl into a hole untill we find you a cell. And I dont mean club gitmore.<br /><br />BTW - you dont have to capitalize his name....nobody here would be offended I dont think..

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

According to some of the news reports, it seems that there were suicide bombers involved, apparently three of them have been identified so far.<br /><br />I hope that the ones that organise this mayhem are caught, so that information can be literally squeezed out of the murderous basturds.<br /><br />BTW oj you totally missed PW2's point<br /> :rolleyes: <br /><br />"I don't think anyone could improve on Saddam's ability to stifle political dissent and keep the population in line, which of course is why we took out Saddam in the first place.<br /><br />Now, in order to solve this problem, we need to get more Saddam-like.<br /><br />Now that is rich! "<br />_____________________________________________________<br />PW2 you are mistaken to think that we deposed Saddam because of his treatment to his own people, on the contrary, though we did not tell him to subjugate his fellow Iraqis in such a brutal manner, we did however supplied him the tools for his gastly endeavours, and it never bothered us then especially since he was doing our bidding against the Iranians.<br />Saddam had to be deposed because he became a political liability. <br />His erratic behaviour combined with his insular mentality simply could not be tollerated in this new world order, after 9/11 (no proven connection to Saddam) things had to change.<br />Whether or not one likes or dislikes the Bush administration, that in itself is not sufficient grounds to be for or against the war in Iraq.<br />The big question is how we fight this war, the politicians need to keep their noses out of it and let the military do their job.<br />We are definitely taking too soft an approach in this war, the population of that region view that as a weakness.

oddjob

Commander

Hello Vlad, I know,...I always do. Its a waste of time trying to reason or debate PW. He wants only to incite others (conservatives) into an argurment. I competely missed his point, but I hope he understands mine.

Skinnywater

Commander

He wants only to incite others (conservatives) into an argurment.
No, no, no. PW honestly believes what he says.<br />And in all honesty his opinion doesn't need to be respected. It only has to be respectfully accepted as the truth as he sees it.<br />As frustrating as it can be to play with him, if you're truely engaged, there are little pockets of truth that can be gleaned.<br />What PW says may sting a Republican 100% of the time. However, to an Independent Conservative what he says may only sting 70% of the time.<br /><br />All in all, he's educated enough to keep you engaged. Consistant enough to be predictable. Liberal enough to be soundly thrashed in the arena of debate.<br />I appreciate his entertainment value and tenacity.

Skinnywater

Commander

Vlad D Impeller <br />I'm betting that in very serious and honest personal reflection you believe you could do a fine job running this country.<br />Ummhmmm, so do I. ;)

Skinnywater

Commander

in the over-all scope of life on this planet,, it's still boils down to .... it's done to people....like this bs war had to be.. an war makes it ok...<br />
I know Crabby, I know. <br />When you're chin deep in war the goal should be to win. Crying over spilt milk doesn't cost lives during peace time.

Ralph 123

Captain

<br /><br />They also believe the materials used were not homemade but sophisticated military explosives possibly smuggled into Britain from the Balkans.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Yeah, they've named them too. At least 3 of them were British nationals. Glad I'm not in Leeds right now, I'll be surprised if there aren't riots soon.

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

Right now we know that there is about 52 people killed and not really who done it. IMHO, all terrorist should be shot and hung up. But the civilized world will not let us do it because they will cry 'foul' and 'barbaric' etc... I agree the good book did mention "eye for an eye"... and I am all for it. My 0.02 worth.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

These bombers are a bunch of psychos. I hope they prosecute those that knew about it, but did nothing to stop it. You know there are many that knew.<br /><br />Ken

Ralph 123

Captain

'They wanted to be known': Suicide bombers had IDs<br />By Jose Martinez<br />Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - Updated: 06:44 AM EST<br /><br />A worried mother's phone call from Leeds to police hours after explosions ripped through the London Underground and a double-decker bus gave the first clue as to who was behind Western Europe's first-ever suicide bombings. <br /> <br /> His name was Hasib Hussain, 19, a youth from Leeds whose decapitated head was found at Tavistock Square - a tell-tale sign he died clutching the 10-pound backpack of explosives used to destroy the No. 3 bus. <br /> <br /> Investigators believe his mates, all about the same age from the same northern city, used similar bombs to blow themselves up aboard crowded subway trains Thursday morning. Two militant Islamic groups have claimed responsibility for the bombings that killed at least 52 people and injured more than 700. Fifty-six people remained hospitalized. <br /> <br /> Police had no need of DNA evidence to identify the suspected bombers as the men were all carrying personal documents. <br /> <br /> It is as if they wanted their identities to be known,'' a police source told the Times of London. Their names will never be forgotten.'' <br /> <br /> Based on the documents found at the bomb sites, authorities yesterday raided several homes in the suburbs around Leeds, an ethnically diverse city with a large Muslim population about 185 miles north of London. <br /> <br /> Khalid Muneer, 28, a spokesman for the Hyde Park Mosque in Leeds, said the community was surprised by the raids and police claims that the bombers may have come from there. <br /> <br /> I've seen no calls in this area for jihad against British or American forces. You will not get that sentiment expressed around this mosque,'' he said. <br /> <br /> British soldiers blasted their way into what turned out to be an unoccupied row house, and authorities executed search warrants on five other homes in the area in search of computer files and explosives. One of the bomber's relatives was arrested, according to the British news agency Press Association. <br /> <br /> This is not good for Muslims,'' Mohammed Iqbal, a town councilor who represents the City-on-Hunslet section of Leeds, told The Associated Press. We have businesses here. There will be a backlash.'' <br /> <br /> Investigators believe 24-year-old Shehzad Tanweer rented a Nissan Micra and drove to Luton, where he joined the other three aboard a Thameslink commuter train to King's Cross. They arrived about 8:30 a.m. and, according to the Times, can be seen conferring on the concourse before moving out, each carrying a rucksack. <br /> <br /> Hussain is clearly visible in the distinctive shirt described to police by his mother, who said her son said he was bound for London to see friends. <br /> <br /> Investigators have not said who they believe made the military-grade explosives or whether the four bombers had outside help.
http://news.bostonherald.com/international/view.bg?articleid=93582&format=text

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

"no calls for Jihad in Leeds"... Quite possibly, but go 5 miles to Bradford and you'll hear plenty.It's the most racist place I've ever been-only it comes from the muslims against anyone from any other ethnic background or religion. I was on the receiving end of racial abuse from muslim teenagers myself on many occasions while simply walking down the street.

limeyboater

Cadet

Time to look at the UK muslim population in a different light, we handed them the hand of friendship and they have abused their freedom. I hate feeling this way cause i have only met friendly muslims, but its over now from me, their comunity should have controled this, as we controlled the British racists who unsuccessfuly tried to stir racial hatred in the UK.<br />www.werenotafraid.com