Dress her up or not? Opinions wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chriscraft254

Commander
Re: Dress her up or not? Opinions wanted.

Budd,
i meant to add the extra dimmer before the rf on the front string, so you can dim it while driving
if your rf can dim independantly than just hook it up:D

i'm trying to figure how the remote will know which string to change?
i guess if the remote eye were in different places for each string it wouldn't be an issue

at your advice i bought two strings.
although a little directional each remote will work both strings.fyi

i will be installing here in a month or so(when the shops all done with the drive work)
so i'm watching that trim project closely (like it so far)
cause i dont have any easy mounting loacation like your rod holders,
i will likely have to add some trim or the lightbulblbs will be seen:(

thanks for all the info
and the inspiration
great work

Mark

Thanks Mark. I will have to double check with Rob and see if the remotes will conflict with each other.

I will probably have to install a completely different rf contoller with remote. I am assuming each rf controller has a different code signal like a tv remote or similar. I simply don't know yet. Will let you know when I find out something. It would be more expense but the seperate systems is really what I want if they don't interfer with each other. I plan to add a couple feet off the string inside the anchor locker as well as under the trim around the wa.

I will keep you posted. Probably will be working on the trims tmrw. funds are slim, so I will probably install the teak first then get the lights when I have some better cash flow.:redface: I still don't know if the teak will bend the way I want it to. Will try to test that in the next couple days.

lil buggy

Senior Chief Petty Officer

gotcha,
amazon was cheap as i purchased 2 complete sets w remotes .were a lil different than shown but acceptable
i still gotta talk to rob about splicing to power (thanks)

as far as the trim pieces go would smaller seperate pieces snake together around the bend easier, maybe biscuts to hold true?
(i know) one long piece would be ideal
just ideas is all lol

chriscraft254

Commander

Well, here you go!!:D Anyone interested in following the rest of this project can check it out on my refurb thread here. http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=483913

Moving it there because I share that thread link on other forums as well. Trying to keep all the work actually being done on her in one place. I will have more pics posted there and the process of fabrication.

becky381.jpg

southkogs

Staff member

Looks good CC. It's a nice accent.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

What? no lights yet? lol

Looks great.... I actually have something kinda similar planned for my CC..... I'm not handy enough to do wood tho... I was gonna use either aluminum or more likely starboard.... I gotta admit.... I've spent more time pondering how I was gonna do it than you are gonna spend on the whole install..... as I said ARTIST!

chriscraft254

Commander

What? no lights yet? lol

Looks great.... I actually have something kinda similar planned for my CC..... I'm not handy enough to do wood tho... I was gonna use either aluminum or more likely starboard.... I gotta admit.... I've spent more time pondering how I was gonna do it than you are gonna spend on the whole install..... as I said ARTIST!

need a little time and cash for the lights, but there coming trust me! lol The woods easy Smoke, I am sure you have the skills to do it. I will walk you through it or show you the way. ;) Thanks for the complements, I do appreciate them. :)

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

HMMM
I'm a bit lacking in woodworking ability/tools but HMMM I might have to take you up on that.... maybe w plastiwood or starboard tho

that wood DOES look sharp tho...... again, HMMM

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I'm going to close this one since the action is back in your restore thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.