Disappointed... or something

JasonJ

Rear Admiral
Re: Disappointed... or something

Twidget, who says it is an abherent physical development? You? It is simply something that happens, and it happens to more people that you or anyone may think. I suppose no one could really be able to calculate percentages, but the percentage would be quite high. <br /><br />Besides, as the dominant species on this planet, something needs to keep our excessive breeding in check. We are free of the checks and balances found in nature that prevent overpopulation. Has anyone ever stopped to think that maybe we as a species are evolving into self limitation? We are ravaged by more disease that any other species, we breed with reckless abandon, not caring that there will be no resources down the road. Maybe homosexuality can be seen as a check and balance for us. Between that, the abortion of unwanted pregnancies, and disease, maybe we are being brought into check. Maybe God is creating all this. I know, I know, sounds like nut job talk, and it probably is nut job talk, but why not. There exists not a single shread of solid proof about anything, whether it be God or homosexuality. <br /><br />We are left to stumble around with a whole bunch of maybes. As far as I am concerned, non of us get to find out for sure until the end, and maybe none of us are right. What is truely sad is my mother, who was Catholic (My whole family is Catholic by the way), now believes all that happens when we die is the lights go out. That is too bad, but if that is what she thinks, its her business. Me, I have no idea what happens, but I'll find out when it is time.<br /><br />By the way, I don't have to study The Word. I live my life by an ethical and moral standard that far exceeds any book. I have no worries about what God may have planned for me. I think he will be a little more tolerant of my lack of belief in religion than he will a hypocrite who attends church on sunday and lives the other six days with a lack of moral standard. <br /><br />God, why do I ever answer these posts? I swear these posts happen because someone is bored and wants to stir the pot......

Cranky18

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Is this going to be available in paperback? :)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Well, if it wasn't boring before it sure as heck is now.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Somebody please wake me when it's over?...
19.gif

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Live and let live.

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Although this has become a very long threaded discussion, I do not find it boring - this is life. We all walk the streets thinking that all are to get us, while others believe all will come to our aid in a time of need. This, in my opinion sheds a bit of light on how much help we will really get. We are a divided nation along many lines, be it sexual orientation, religion, political views, etc. It may never end. We were promised that "America will be reunited" last November, and I am still waiting.<br />I think we are headed in the wrong direction. Just my opinion,<br />John

Homerr

Commander

Originally posted by Cranky18:<br /> Is this going to be available in paperback? :)
I was kinda hoping I could get it on a wallet-size card?<br /><br /><br /> :) <br /><br />H.

Skinnywater

Commander

I'm thinking that sexuality is your own business. As long as you keep it your business and not make it mine, you're fine by me.<br />However, once you find the need to make it everyones business you now are exibiting ulterior motives.<br />When your need to "tell" exceeds the others need to know, that's exibiting ulterior motives.<br />When your desire to be a Scout Master exceeds the original intent of the Boy Scout mission, that's exibiting ulterior motives.<br />When a gay pastor's desire to force his church to accept his lifestyle rather than start his own church, that is an ulterior motive.<br />When 60% of primetime TV is gay orientated and only 3-4%(?)of the population is gay, that is an ulterior motive.<br /><br />I think people have more of a problem with the ulterior motives than they do with people being gay.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

What a waste of bandwidth! :rolleyes:

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Poor JB. As moderator, he has to read all this. I just scroll to the bottom and post.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Warhorse,<br /><br />Thank you for that factual and interesting exploration of the diversity and definition of marriage. It is the most interesting post in the dockside chat that I have read in recent memory. It also address the issues without moral interpretation of each groups more personal practices and focuses on the historic impacts regarding the role of "marriage" to not only American society but society of the world. This was one of the more enlightening explaination of the issues that will face all of us in the next couple of decades.<br /><br />Thank you again.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

And if it weren't for all us hetro guys and gals, there would be no gay people.<br />Ever stop to think about that? Huh, have ya?<br />I'm done.

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class

When my son was 7 years old, he was molested by a gay preditor. His childhood was destroyed, and his life has been like hell since.<br /><br />He has spent countless hours in therapy, been using druges since he was 12, and had severe self image problems.<br /><br />He is now 18, and had a horrible life. I realize it is up to him to cope, and he hasn't very well. But he wouldn't be where he is if it wern't for some scumbag gay preditor. <br /><br />So go ahead and proclaim your sex oreintation and be proud. I really could care less about your sex life, be don't push it on me OK.<br /><br />Spud

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Sorry to here that Spud, for your family and especially your son. People can be terrible.<br /><br />John