Disappointed... or something

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Disappointed... or something

Like many others have said, I don't care if you're gay, good for you if it makes you happy. Just don't get in my face about it, that's all.

Trent

Captain

I dont want to hear about your sex life... You dont here about mine! <br /><br />Warhorse is right on.....

KRS

Banned

I just read this entire post... that's 10 minutes of my life that I will never get back.

brother chris

Commander

Well, since I read this thread(not all of it, but most of it), I have my 2 cents to add. <br />I do not agree with people being "gay". <br />If we were all gay, there would be not existance of us. I do not need to tell you how the human race keeps going. But it sure is not by being "gay". <br />My opinion. God made us...man and woman. <br />If you chose to be out of the norm, that is up to you. <br />I also choose not argue about this topic...this is just my opinion. You have yours, I have mine. <br />Just keep your sexual choices to yourself. I do not tell you about who I sleep with, I do not want to hear about who you sleep with. Keep it in your own bedroom, I do. I do not want to hear about your "gay" wedddings, nor your "gay" divorces. <br />This is my opinion(you may called it closed minded..your choice to call it whatever you want to). <br />I have a right to my opinion...this is it. <br />I'm done!

I can't tell a gay person from a straight person. I won't ask, so please don't tell.....!

Homerr

Commander

Crab... ROFLMAO!<br />I sure would like to meet you some day!<br /><br /> :) <br /><br />Guess I better weigh in...<br /><br />I agree with the others... If you're gay, so be it. I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT!<br /><br />You don't see us 'normal people', 'breeders'.. (or whatever you want to call us) marching around having parades, marches etc... DEMANDING special rights. (Yes, that's exactly what they are doing in my opinion)<br /><br />You want to be gay? So-friggin-what! <br />I don't want to know about it and I sure as hell don't want it anywhere near my kids and their schools!<br /><br />It's a lifestyle choice. <br />You brainwash a child early enough in life and they'll think stuff like being gay is acceptable and normal, when it's not. What choice of life do they have when they are young?<br /><br />Like many have said... You were gave that particular set of 'plumbing' for a reason... Propagation of the species.<br /><br />This of course is my opinion... Don't like it? I really don't care!<br /><br /><br />I'm done.<br /><br />H.

rogerwa

Commander

I don't feel it is natural. If it were natural, we would have been born with parts that worked to facilitate it.<br /><br />I am a conservative Catholic, not a right wing wacko christian fundamentalist mind you, and do not condemn people who are gay. It is my beleif that consumating a gay relationship is where the sin is. This is very similar to a single person having sex outside of marriage. Since gay marriage is not condoned, chastity is the option for gays and single straight individuals.<br /><br />Aside from my belief, it is not my role to judge others. They are responsible for their own actions and if I am right will have to face the music. it has nothing to do with me.<br /><br />I have friends and co-workers who are gay and it was never an issue as what they did in the bedroom was none of my business.<br /><br />Just do not indoctinate my kids about what is 'natural'.

Stumpys

Petty Officer 1st Class

OK, my 2 cents too...<br /><br />We have a secretary here at work that is gay, Well, to a long story short, my wife also works in the same department as me and her. I was never ever homophobic until she came to work here. For the past two years I have had to put up with this woman coming on to my wife, bringing her in books like ( Married Women Who Love Women ), and plain *** telling me that she is in love with my wife. <br /><br />I filed charges on her, and of course, since she is gay, they just slapped her on the wrist and told her not to do it again. <br /><br />She has made my personal life hell for the past two years, and almost had my wife convinced that quote "You must have been gay in your previous life" that she should become a lesbian. She has literally told me to my face that she was in love with my wife. And the sneaking to my house in the middle of the night while I working, just about sent me over the edge.<br /><br />Dude, I'm sorry for the way I feel, but I have had nothing but a bad experience. I'm sure not all gay people are like that, but I'll be damn if I ever tolerate anyone throwing it in my face, to my wife, to my kids, or my grand kids!<br /><br />I do not care what a person chooses to be. I'm also really tried of turning on the TV to find a new show about being gay, and they make it look as though it is a perfect little world.<br /><br />I'm done too!

comet traveler

Seaman Apprentice

All,<br /><br /> Some of you guys have a really great thinking on this, that's awesome to see. As I said before, I'm not out to start anything. I notice that a lot of people use 'normal' and 'natural'. Try thinking of the opposite... what I mean is like if you were gay. The 'straight' feelings wouldn't seem normal or natural to you either. I guess that just means, what is natural to one, may not be to another, but not unnatural all around. I have to say I agree with some of the things about the parades, and naked bikers and stuff, that's just weird and only going to cause problems. Particularly anyone who would think it's cool or something to get HIV... that's insane. But I do know that most gay people would say thats crazy too. Unfortunately there are people acting this way, but try to remember they certainly aren't representing the majority.<br /><br /> Anyway, thank you all for your discussion on this. Hopefully it has (and will) open some people up a bit more than they were before they read this.

comet traveler

Seaman Apprentice

Stumpys,<br /><br /> That situation really sucks, I hope you find some way to put an end to it. That's just wrong. I would feel the same way you do... totally. I do think, as you probly know, that it could just as well be another guy at work doing that to her, and it would be just as bad. But I see how you could feel stronger about it with her, cuz you're straight which comes back the the whole not seeming 'normal' thing... <br /> If someone was doing that to anyone of my family or friends I wouldnt tolerate it either. I kinda know what you mean about the tv shows... some of them are ok, but some of them are ridiculous too. No ones world is perfect, and unfortunately a lot of these things aren't accurate examples of real people. I hope things get better asap for you all with that situation.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

I'm not going to waste my time reading all of this thread, but I will say I am not gay, and if you stand face to face with me and tell me I am normal I will punch your lights out. Chief ;)

Dunaruna

Admiral

Gay, not gay - who cares (not me).<br /><br />Good people come in all different flavours, as do a-holes.<br /><br />Aldo

Stumpys

Petty Officer 1st Class

You may be right... it could have been a guy hitting on her instead of a gay woman, but at least a guy would not be trying to push onto her that she was something other than normal. Hell, I could have at least beat the crap out of a guy, but the minute I try and get somone in management to do something about her.... I have to hear "Well,she is a woman, and she's gay, so don't go there". <br /><br />Oh yeah, we have a gay guy here too, and all we hear from him is how wonderful it is to be gay!<br /><br />I'm not a gay basher, I'm just tired of all the crap, and tired of all the promotion about it from everywhere. To each there own. I could care less who is, as long as it does not affect me, but it still does, so now I'm really bitter on the issue.<br /><br />Nuff said. I'm done

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Helofly, I get sick of people like you. You annoy me, not because of your gay status, but the fact you have to raise it. Your sexual preference is irrevelant, so long as it's legal. I don't need to know. I don't want to know. I will look for the good in you as I do everyone else.<br />But........one thing i do on this site, is check out peoples profiles. I find them really interesting; you know, where they come from, what they do etc etc. I checked yours, and it is sure informative.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

20/20

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Originally posted by comet traveler:<br /> I notice that a lot of people use 'normal' and 'natural'. Try thinking of the opposite... what I mean is like if you were gay. The 'straight' feelings wouldn't seem normal or natural to you either. I guess that just means, what is natural to one, may not be to another, but not unnatural all around.
Hate to burst your bubble on this one but it is either natural or it isn't. Nature has a certain way of doing things. It takes man & woman to keep life going, not man man or woman woman. If everyone were homosexual then the human race would never have come about. I still believe it is a choice, just like anything else, some guys choose fat girls, skinny girls, tall girls, etc.... some folks choose same sex partners. Whether it is normal I quess that is how you look at the definition. Normal behaviour could be how a person looks at the world, or it could be how the world{nature} looks at the person. In the natural order of things being homosexual would be very unexceptable{not normal}. How a group of humans sees things the norm may be different.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by 20/20:<br />
Originally posted by comet traveler:<br /> I notice that a lot of people use 'normal' and 'natural'. Try thinking of the opposite... what I mean is like if you were gay. The 'straight' feelings wouldn't seem normal or natural to you either. I guess that just means, what is natural to one, may not be to another, but not unnatural all around.
Hate to burst your bubble on this one but it is either natural or it isn't. Nature has a certain way of doing things. It takes man & woman to keep life going, not man man or woman woman. If everyone were homosexual then the human race would never have come about. I still believe it is a choice, just like anything else, some guys choose fat girls, skinny girls, tall girls, etc.... some folks choose same sex partners. Whether it is normal I quess that is how you look at the definition. Normal behaviour could be how a person looks at the world, or it could be how the world{nature} looks at the person. In the natural order of things being homosexual would be very unexceptable{not normal}. How a group of humans sees things the norm may be different.
Who cares? If people wanna have marches about being any orientation they choose then so what?As long as someone aint keeping me awake by shouting it outside my front door or causing people inconvenience in their day-to day lives then LIVE AND LET LIVE.<br /><br />I'll poke fun at anyone for anything-be you black/white/rich/poor/pink/green/blue with yellow spots/gay/straight/alien or whatever. I expect the same back and I'm not offended by it.There's plenty to take the mickey out of about a lardy white redneck biker and trucker with a beer gut(me)-the same as with anyone else. If anyone is so damn uptight about someone else's personal status that it offends them then hey, tough.It aint gonna kill you. Get over it.

Sublime

Cadet

Hello. My name is Brian,.. (this is where you all say "Hi Brian"). I'm a white, working class, 42 year old, straight, anglo sexton prodestant, who is in a monogamas realationship with my GF of 7 years. I have two sons, and am also an old fasion consevative republican.<br /><br />I am a minority.<br /><br />Keep your sexual orientation to yourself,..please!

fireman57

Captain

As the parent of an adopted son who was six at the time I feel that I can state a view like others who have been there. He never seemed like a normal boy. Didn't like sports, didn't like anything that would happen outdoors, just watched TV and read. When he was 13 he became rebellious just like any normal boy does. When he was 16 I asked him straight up if he was gay and he told me that he was. My wife (this was her child from her first marriage) was crushed and I was kind of relieved that he at least had the coconuts to admit it. I definitely do not agree with the lifestyle or the promotion of it. Helo, you seem to be stuck on the normal and natural argument. You use it against the straight person that brings it up but then try to use it for you whenit suits your purpose ("just look at it from the standpoint of being gay and straight does not seem normal). This is the problem that the gays have. They use both sides of their mouth when they try to promote their lifestyle. America used to be that the majority ruled. Now it's any minority that yells, complains, and cries the loudest for their "rights". They have had the same rights that everyone else has had all this time. I don't want to bring religion into this argument but if you will look at the Bible and past civilizations you should see that anytime that the gay lifestyle was embraced and practiced that it was destroyed from the Greeks to the Romans. I would like for you to do some research and ask some psychologists about being gay and they will tell you that it is not a lifestyle but a disease and they try to treat it as such. I know that psychology is not an exact science but it is the best we have right now.<br />If you are going to be working in the health field and "saving lives" please make sure that you do not have AIDS and get checked for it regularly so you don't end up taking lives instead. If for some reason, and I am not saying that you will do this, that you end up giving someone AIDS then I would consider that tantamount to premeditated murder if you knew you had it and continued in your field. They don't let pilots fly drunk, they try not to let child molesters run day cares, and they shouldn't let gay men work in the health field because the potential of them contracting AIDS is pretty high. Even if the percentage of gays with AIDS is 10% would you be willing to take a chance of him treating you? Gays need to be more responsible in their behavior. Yes I know that straght people get and spread all kinds of STD's but most of them can be cured or held in check. They don't become life threatening. Your image is tarnished by whining for rights that you already have. The parades and demonstrations do nothing to help your cause except to the other gays and some politicians. I know that it is the politicians that you target because you can accuse them of not caring or standing up for your "rights". Speaking of rights I agree with a lot of other people on this thread that you have no right to dissuade my children that being gay is okay and/or normal/natural anymore than I have the right to tell your kids, oops I forgot you won't have any unless you adopt, that being gay is wrong. My kids do know all about this "lifestyle" as they have grown up with it. They are now 18,16, and 12 but do not agree with their brother who is 28. They love him and like me, appreciate it when he visits the 4 or 5 times a year but still wish he would change. Seems like gays only bring up gayness when they want attention. This rant has gone on long enough and I guess you got what you were asking for which was an argument on gays and the attention. I can honestly think of no other reason why you would bring it up. Sorry for the length of this rant but I deal with this issue on a daily basis and it is always ready to erupt. Your opening statement was that you didn't want to start anything here (but you knew you would) and to make people think harder. Why don't you work on getting your movement to think harder instead of trying to change the opinions of about 90% of the people.

eeboater

Commander

Actually... if we want to talk about minorities in this forum....<br /><br /><br />Talk to Bassy and LadyFish :D :D :D <br /><br />I'm willing to bet that theres less women than gay guys :D :D <br /><br />Sean

Homerr

Commander

Fireman...<br /><br />You bring a tear to my eye! <br /><br />I couldn't have said it any better!<br /><br />H.