Disappointed... or something

tylerin

Commander
Re: Disappointed... or something

Just wondering, I like "Doggy" am I normal? :confused: :D <br />Don't worry about it Comet

oddjob

Commander

TY said
Just wondering, I like "Doggy" am I normal?
So you must be the alfa male of the relationship ;) right?

jamesgreen

Petty Officer 2nd Class

gg<br />I could not have said it better.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

I've seen Red Neck, Male, Female, Blond, Bayliner Owner, American Worker, and French....and the list goes on, "bashing" here as well. Most every one takes it in stride, or so it appears. This is a free and open forum. If ya don't like it you don't have to patronize it. Being gay may be normal to some of the members here....but it's not the "norm" in nature or our society. I as many of the posters in this thd have no problem with gays. I do however take issue with individuals or groups publicizing their sexual orientation then using it as a focal point for all the issues plaguing them. <br /><br />ee put it well: Comet, I'm glad you volunteer - you sound like a great guy. You may be a little masochistic (read: Bayliner owner ), but I have a lot of crap in my life that is not easy. You know what I do? I adjust because I do not expect the rest of the world to change for me.<br /><br />As did miloman: Practice and live how you wish and I applaud you for it but just because your gay doesn’t mean it should be an issue. I’m straight white male who is quickly becoming a second class citizen because of political correctness.<br /> <br />And as JB summed it up: Now, all that said you are in for insults and demeanment for the foreseeable future. You didn't choose to be gay, but you did choose to "come out" and to take on popular sentiments. That is an invitation to a fight. I wish you luck.<br /><br />I to wish you luck.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yes LT, they do.<br />But don't say anything about a gay person cause you are crap if you do.<br /><br />See, that's what's wrong with this whole picture.<br />The gays want to use that issue to try to get something for nothing cause they are gay.<br />It's like because they want to be gay, that they should have special needs or something. Least that's what I see on TV and the media.<br /><br />If you gay, fine. Go for it. But don't rub it in my face cause I take issue with that.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by L.I. Chuck:<br /> Ken said gays are not normal, here is the dictionary definition of normal:<br />
nor·mal <br />adj. <br />Conforming with, adhering to, or constituting a norm, standard, pattern, level, or type; typical: normal room temperature; one's normal weight; normal diplomatic relations. <br />Biology. Functioning or occurring in a natural way; lacking observable abnormalities or deficiencies. <br />Abbr. n or N Chemistry. <br />Designating a solution having one gram equivalent weight of solute per liter of solution. <br />Designating an aliphatic hydrocarbon having a straight and unbranched chain of carbon atoms. <br />Mathematics. <br />Being at right angles; perpendicular. <br />Perpendicular to the direction of a tangent line to a curve or a tangent plane to a surface. <br /><br />Relating to or characterized by average intelligence or development. <br />Free from mental illness; sane. <br /><br />n. <br />Something normal; the standard: scored close to the normal. <br />The usual or expected state, form, amount, or degree. <br /><br />Correspondence to a norm. <br />An average. <br />Mathematics. A perpendicular, especially a perpendicular to a line tangent to a plane curve or to a plane tangent to a space curve.
Biologically, gay relations only occur in humans, no other mammals. <br />Math and chemistry don't apply.<br /><br />.<br /><br />JB, <br />What scientific studies show being gay is not a choice? What scientific studies say being gay is a choice?<br />I would really like to know.
Animals are gay too <br /><br /> Answers to Your Questions About Sexual Orientation and Homosexuality <br /><br />These are the 2 most credible sources I could find at the time.<br /><br />I believe homosexuality to be normal, just not a majority. Thats like saying people who drink bottled water are not normal because most people drink soda/pop.

LadyFish

Admiral

LT, you're right. If I started a thread everytime someone made a negative comment about women or blondes then my post count would be better than JB's. LMAO :D <br /><br />You see, you're not the only minority 'round here Comet Traveler.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Lark I challenge you to prove to me that gays are normal (or natural, that may be a better word).<br /><br />It just isnt the way it was supposed to happen.<br /><br />Now we have people trying to make us believe it is natural, and I will challange that.<br />************************************<br /><br />And yes I know several gay people. Some of my wife's best friends are gay. I have known someone that denied to himself he was gay, when I knew he was gay.<br /><br />I have never once insulted them, or was afraid of them. I treated them just like I treat everyone else.<br /><br />Ken

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

I am a great guy, I own two boats, I volunteer in the community and guess what... I'm straight.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Comet traveler, trust me, I dont think gays are the worst thing in school. When I was in high school, we all knew one of the teachers was gay. Never bothered me a bit, and it wouldnt bother me that a gay person tought my children.<br /><br />What I dont like is them teaching that being gay is natural.<br /><br /><br />Ken

chuckz

Chief Petty Officer

These are the 2 most credible sources I could find at the time.<br /><br />I believe homosexuality to be normal, just not a majority. Thats like saying people who drink bottled water are not normal because most people drink soda/pop.<br />
Neither of those sources are scientific studies. <br />I stand corrected on the animal behavior. Although that was a small portion of one of my comments. <br /><br />Your statement about drinking bottled water versus soda pop, assuming the conditions you set are correct, is a correct, objective statement. <br /><br />Again, how do you define normal? What criteria do you use for defining normal? Calling anything normal is a conclusion not a fact in itself. On what evidence do you call homosexuality normal?<br /><br />I agree with many here. I have no problem with anyone being gay. I have a problem with it being taught as normal.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

I have to say you will find that the message, and how that message is delivered is what offends most people. <br /><br />The legal defense in Canada that gays should be allowed to have sex in the streets because it is part of their culture. By definition, not normal.<br /><br />The trend of gays to infect themselves with the AIDS virus so they can share the experience with their partner and the fact that it is now a badge of honor within the radical gay community to have the virus. Not normal.<br /><br />Have you seen a gay pride parade? Not normal.<br /><br />Are you aware of some of the physical damage that can be caused by what is considered normal sex within the community? Normal behavior would not result in this type of injury.<br /><br />If equal why special protection with hate crime legislation and the cry for minority status?<br /><br />Gays have 6 times the number of partners than do heterosexuals? Why not the same?<br /><br />Have you seen any naked bike trips over the Golden Gate in support of heterosexual rights?<br /><br />My friends who are gay not only decry these sad displays but are repulsed by them. By forcing on the masses, what they claim is personal, makes the movement ripe for critisism and scorn. It does a disservice to the gay community who want to be nothing more than productive members of the community. If the "real" gay community would distance themselves publically from the idiots who claim to speak for all, credibility and understanding would follow. But this force feeding of the more bizzare attributes of the community as the normal will insure that the movement will be mired down as abnormal. When all they can do is identify themselves as a gay people instead of just a people, the stereotyping will persist.<br /><br />Everyone who has been willing to be accepted, has been accepted. It is the radical aspects that define groups and aleinate them and result in riducule and ostrisation. Defining yourself as an American will get you an invitation to the big party. Defining yourself as a African-American, Gay-American, Islamic-American, Mexican-American, Jewish-American, Christian-American, simply puts you into the small party. And telling others they are wrong is a step in the wrong direction to understanding and acceptance. It has the direct opposite effect.

crab bait

Captain

you seem like good guy.. help people an own boats.. <br /><br />you shoulda picked a fight here when a 'post' was on anti-gay.. an not to just throw up a post for the troll-of-it..<br /><br />if we'd be in a bar,, i'd be a gentleman an sit down an have a beer with ya.. i'm just not gonna push in your stool..

eeboater

Commander

Crab --- you needed the whole badum-tiss drum sound at the end of your post :D <br /><br />Also, I think this is funny :D <br /><br /><br />
gay.jpg

miloman

Lieutenant Junior Grade

wow this post has exploded..........after reading this entire thread I have come to the conclusion<br /><br />Im a middleaged white slighty round around the mid section with some grey hair a wife 3 kids a job and a mortgage. I now know Im a non visiable minority in this country.<br /><br />Come on who cares if someone is gay, a lesbian, a buddist, muslim, jew, or christian, white black or green.<br /><br />Freedom of speech is about standing next to someone who is voicing his/her opinion at the top of their lungs that same opossing opinion which you would defend to death thats freedom.<br /><br />Political correctness is turning society into a watered down version of an orwellian society.<br /><br />Damn it to political correctness, tell it like it is and stand for your opinions.<br /><br />Homsexuality is a preference just like hetrosexuality, who cares be who you are and dont wear a badge about it.

PW2

Commander

It is an emotional issue, and not a rational one. <br /><br />If you want to be publically in a minority on this web site, you're going to need to develop a thick skin, and not participate in topics where opposing viewpoints are likely to "disappoint" or otherwise bother you. You simply are not going to get everyone to like you, let alone accept you. You can always get great help and advice on boating and all manner of other things in other parts of this site, but if you are overly sensitive, or disappoint easily, DC is probably not the place to be. And it matters not who is "right" and who is "wrong"

marcmccain

Petty Officer 1st Class

I hope you are not trolling because that is one thing that isn't tolerated by the group.<br /><br /><br />It is noteworthy that we consist of 61,074 members. We should expect a lot of differences: a mixture of all kinds of opinions, backgrounds, economic levels, cultural levels, educational levels, professional interest, value systems, religious beliefs, and nationalities. There are so many of us around the world that the sun probably never sets on the I-Boats forum. <br /><br />It is that diversity that makes this place so interesting. I haven't spent the three years monitoring this post to find people who have the same likes or dislikes that I have. I come here to probe the minds of this great pool of opinionated people because of our diversity. I want... NO, I need to get opinions different from mine so as to challenge my thinking. I tend not to impose my opinion as you can see by the number of post I have made over the past three years. Most often others have stated an opinion that reflects my thougths before I have a chance to comment. <br /><br />It is that diversity that makes this such a rich forum: <br /><br />Are there gays that come here? Yes!<br />Are there rednecks that come here? Yes!<br />Are there narrow-minded, offensive, in-your-face people who come here? Yes!<br />Are they bullys that try to demand their values are the only correct values in the universe? Yes, lots of them.<br />Are there people who sincerely care and want to give advice to those in need? Yes, a great many!<br />Are there brilliant minds that can help us when we have a problem? Yes, and that is what it is all about!<br />Are the folks at I-boat exceedingly generous for providing this forum for us? You can bet your bottom dollar!<br /><br /><br />I have a nice job here in Madrid, Spain. I am the director of studies for 38 different private schools that specialize in teaching languages. I hire and fire teachers that teach English, German, French, Arabic, Italian, and Portuguese. My teachers have at least an Masters degree and many have Doctorates. About half are gay. I evaluate the professional performance of each teacher based on how they do their job. I don't care what their sexual preference is -- it doesn't come into question. If a heterosexual teacher should wave a banner stating their sexual preference I would regard that as inappropriate behavior; same goes for the gays. Sex and sexual preferences are private matters to be enjoyed in the confines of ones private life. I would fire a teacher who brought sex into the work environment no matter if it is heterosexual or gay -- it's personal and has no place in the professional environment I create -- those are my standards and I include it in the teachers rules during their indoctrination. Every thing has it's place and time in life.<br /><br />Now, I'm about to get off my soap box, but before I do I want to share an fable that is told in the middle east just like the fables of Paul Bunyan, or Brer Rabbit, or whatever you heard about when you were at your grandmother's knee.<br /><br />I think it sums up the point I would like to close with. Here it goes:<br /><br />There once was an aged grandfather sitting at an oasis with his grandson when a caravan arrived. The caravan stopped to water their camels and the caravan leader commented to the grandfather while nodding with his head.<br /><br />"I hear that this village and oasis is populated with the kindest and most geneous people you could ever meet".<br /><br />The grandfather replied, "That's right, wonderful people". <br /><br />The grandson observed.<br /><br />Soon the caravan left and not long afterward another caravan arrived and the leader of the second caravan said to the grandfather: "I hear that the most stingy, evil, vile people live here in this village at this oasis and one is apt to be robbed if they linger here."<br /><br />The grandfather replied,"That's correct, horrible people!".<br /><br />When the last caravan left the grandson said, "Grandfather, I don't understand. You told the first caravan that wonderful people live here; yet you told the second caravan that evil people live here. How can that be?"<br /><br />The grandfather said to his grandson "People always find what they are looking for. If they look for the bad then that is what they will find, but if they looking for the good then that is what they will find."<br /><br /><br />So, you have probably found what you have been looking for. But I hope you can raise you eyes and look beyond that and find another horizon here at I-Boats. I'm confident that you will be acccepted, helped and richly rewarded.

crab bait

Captain

that's great,WARHORSE.. always enjoy when you stop by.. even tho it's on the sparse side..