Center console project

SHSU

Ensign
Interesting, do you have any data on how it compares to 3M 5200? I know that is the go to for most boaters.

SHSU

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
View attachment 329292Hey thanks for the reply, Your talking about these circled pcs correct?

Yes those are the braces that these SC boats over 16' really should have. 16'rs just don't seem to have the problem.

Not sure I know what you mean to use the adhesive for, gluing the braces rather than solid riveting?

classiccat

Captain
That SubStructure is Lookin' good!

One thing that I see missing is a sub-deck track for running control cables, wiring and fuel lines. I did a CC conversion on my last boat and used several PVC runs; it was crucial. In your case since the lateral supports are already fastened, you can still feel long lengths of aluminum sheet metal and fabricate a trough by connecting to a longitudinal stringer.

Interesting, do you have any data on how it compares to 3M 5200? I know that is the go to for most boaters.

SHSU
It’s cheaper, $13/tube (310ml)
I’ll ask the Weicon Monday and cut and paste they’re answer to why use Weicon vs 5200

I’m not saying it’s better...... I’m not 100% on anything. Ha. Cheers

SHSU
WEICON Flex 310 M Classic adhesive and sealant is strong, overpaintable (wet in wet), sandable, has outstanding aging stability and good resistance to UV rays. It is resistant to freshwater and salt water and is free of silicone, isocyanate, halogens or solvents.

The product has an ISEGA certificate and can be used as an adhesive in food technology. Flex 310 M Classic is an elastic adhesive on an MS polymer basis and is suitable for the bonding of metals, many plastics, ceramic, wood, glass and stone.

WEICON Flex 310 M Classic can be used in metal construction, tank and apparatus engineering, carriage, vehicle and container construction, ventilation and air conditioning systems, in the electrical industry, yacht and boat construction and in all applications where silicones or products containing silicones are not suitable.

That SubStructure is Lookin' good!

One thing that I see missing is a sub-deck track for running control cables, wiring and fuel lines. I did a CC conversion on my last boat and used several PVC runs; it was crucial. In your case since the lateral supports are already fastened, you can still feel long lengths of aluminum sheet metal and fabricate a trough by connecting to a longitudinal stringer.
Yes I’ll run pvc to hold all my electrical, majority will be within the Center console, but yes running forward and rear will be conduit/pvc,
I can still bend/sneak it in, I’ve tried already. 100% it’s needed.

SHSU

Ensign
I will have to look at it. Its cheaper then 3M 5200 if you don't include shipping. One site showed it was $12.99 but shipping was $67. Would be interesting to see how it stands up overtime for your project.

SHSU