Brand new boat listing to port!!

RatFish

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Brand new boat listing to port!!

Suds,<br /><br />Sorry to hear about your problems. Brings back bad memories of problems I encountered in the past. I don't know if you could have done this but too bad you didn't buy it (or at least put a hefty down payment) on a credit card. You could at least contest the charges. It has worked for me in the past with unresponsive manufacturers (dealers) and retailers. When there is a strong possibility they will not get paid, they are usually more than happy to resolve outstanding issues! Based on your experience, you would definitely have a case against them.<br /><br />In all honesty would you recommend Cecil Marine? I'll be buying a new boat within the next year and was wondering if I should bypass them. They carry a line of boats I was considering.<br /><br />Good Luck, I'm pulling for you.<br /><br />Mark<br />mblake0729@yahoo.com

suds

Seaman Apprentice

Ratfish,<br /><br />We didn't buy the boat from Cecil. Hope that answers your question.

RatFish

Chief Petty Officer

Yup, Thanks Suds. Wouldn't want to inadvertently patronize the dealer giving a fellow boater such a hard time! <br /><br />As for Chaparral, their stock as a respected, quality boat builder have gone way, way, way down in my eyes. I put more faith in the experiences of the boating community rather than what some "paid" rating company says! Let's hope Chaparral can redeem themselves by making this "right" for you. I will withhold my final judgment till then. <br /><br />Good Luck, I'm pulling for you.

magster65

Commander

What a frigging nightmare! I will never buy a Chaparral boat. Period. <br />I hope your hassle ends soon suds with a refund, not another Chaparral.

RatFish,<br /><br />I just bought my boat from Cecil (2003 210 SS Chap)...fortunately, I have had no problems similar to SUDS (I can only imagine his pain)...however, as far as Cecil goes, if you're in SJ and going to buy a boat, I would definately consider them....they, unlike SUDS dealer, have been unbelievably helpful...this included twisting a prob after three days which was replaced within a hour and included repainting the bottom of the motor at no charge...they are timely, friendly and extremely helpful.<br /><br />Any questions, contact me directly at mwatermasysk@yahoo.com

JGREGORY

Lieutenant

After reading these post I will say this I will Never, NEVER buy a chaperal. But then again I fish more than cruise and chaps are to nice to have fish guts in. I hope the was not Lentine I used to be a salesman there way back when and they used to take care of there customers. good luck.

Jersey Jim

Seaman Apprentice

There are always two sides to every story. The truth is somewhere between his opinion and their opinion. I wish we had the benefit of both sides in matters like these. So far all I've seen is that "Suds" has not been very forceful. Somewhere an unknown salesman is saying - "Just a little longer and he'll probably go away". If it were my 25K I'd be doing a wee bit more hollering.

Spidybot

Lieutenant Commander

Yeah... but Chaps can't do a discussion here. They are most welcome to comment, but they can't... for obvious reasons.<br /><br />Do not blame Suds - he's been the good fella all the way, and still is. Calm as a rock, preserving his rights.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

I have been following this post and I feel it is time to speak up. Suds you have been playing your cards right keep contacting them as they have now figured out you aint going away. It is my best guess that the lack of response is due to the fact that they are huddeled in the corner trying to figure out how to deal with not only you but this whole issue in general. Do not let up but remain patient just a while longer and keep accurate records of all contacts and attempted contacts as there final decision may not be satisfactory. I respect and admire your patientce, In the end this is how a solution will come about.

GodsBeast

Chief Petty Officer

Hey Suds, I don't know how you do it. In a prior post I made a Roy D Mercer comment, but by now I'd want to go all out POSTAL, name the boat LEMON, spray paint it yellow and drive it back to the dealer THROUGH the front window. Now, before anyone jumps on my comment (Thats what I'd want to do, not what I am suggesting). I really like Roscoe's comment about changing Chapparal's name to Chapyoura-s though. <br /> What does your legal advisor say about posting some pictures or getting some publicity started about all of this? I know some of these guys are still suggesting patience (and they may be right) but the way this is going, by the time this is resolved, you'll have to get a thick "Lemon colored" Jacket with Roscoe's new name printed across the back of it for a cold Christmas ride in the boat. <br /> You may consider sending a telephone repairman to Chap(end the name however you wish) to see if their LISTING problem has gotten into the phone system. Their phone may now only be allowing incoming phone calls from JD Powers and other people with awards and good comments. The phone won't allow any calls in or out with negative topics (Maybe that is why they can't call you back) Maybe the phone is bolted 2" out of reach, and needs to be centered on the desk! This might show CHAP that SOME TYPE of ACTION has to be taken for the problem to be resolved. Maybe we all need to pitch in buy a cheap cell phone with a pre paid card, program Sud's phone number on it and mail it to CHAP. <br /> Sud's I mean no disrespect with the sarcasum, this ticks me off and it is NOT MY MONEY! <br /><br /> ANY UPDATE? GodsBeast

sea wolf

Lieutenant Junior Grade

suds, i would hire a marine surveyor to check out the boat. make sure he's accredited. then give a copy of the report to chap. it may cost u $300., but it's more ammo in you're fight with this outfit. like i said earlier, i would also bring this to the attention of boatus.

Sea Mitch

Petty Officer 2nd Class

So much for for J.D. Power & Associates! I was looking in a magazine just last night that said Chap's were given the O.K. by 'em. I have a Grady White, same J.D Power thing, and I think the boat's great. That's why I took notice of the Chap. Now I think J.D. Power is a commercial load of crap and will ignore it from now on. Looks like Chap belongs in the Bayliner class! (Hopefully no offense to anyone). I learned a lot from this thread... I hope the folks at J.D. Power & Associates and Chapparel did too.

suds

Seaman Apprentice

Hi All,<br /><br />I really appreciate all your comments and sympathy. You have hung in with me on this mess, but at this time I really can't post anymore to the thread. I promise to let everyone know how this works out. I have no idea when that will be, but I sure hope it's not too long. Sorry about the tight lips. Thanks again.<br /><br />Suds

suds

Seaman Apprentice

Hi All,<br /><br />I really appreciate all your comments and sympathy. You have hung in with me on this mess, but at this time I really can't post anymore to the thread. I promise to let everyone know how this works out. I have no idea when that will be, but I sure hope it's not too long. Sorry about the tight lips. Thanks again.<br /><br />Suds

suds

Seaman Apprentice

Hi All,<br /><br />I really appreciate all your comments and sympathy. You have hung in with me thru this whole royal mess, but at this time I can't post anything else to this thread. I will let everyone know how this works out. I just hope it's sooner rather than later. Sorry about the tight lips. Thanks again.<br /><br />Suds

suds

Seaman Apprentice

Hi All,<br /><br />I really appreciate all your support and sympathy. You have really hung in there with me thru this whole mess, but at this time I can't post anymore to this thread. I'll let everyone know how this works out. Hopefully sooner than later. Sorry about the tight lips. Thanks again.<br /><br />Suds

Ralph 123

Captain

SUds call the CEO - this has gone on too long. They know the problem. They admitted it. They first tried to BS you with that battery crap. Time is not on your side. Get your money back ASAP. You are paying for a boat you can not use... uhg!

GodsBeast

Chief Petty Officer

Hey Ralph, I think Suds, 4 posts in a row saying the same thing, was a hint that Chap is fixing to cave, or at least something good is in the wind for Suds. He said "I can't post anymore at this time" BUT WE CAN. I bet someone from Chap is reading this. Hopefully they have come to realize that at least one boat came through the assembly line that they would not want the public to see, and would have 1 Unhappy Customer telling this story for years, and 3000 others (AND GROWING) reminding anyone asking about buying a Chap. of this encounter. A Company's reputation travels a whole lot faster, and all over the world, now in this new day of computer's and sites like these. Hopefully Chap has come to realize that they need to pull this boat back in, study the mistakes made on the boat, make things right for Suds, and try to restore some consumer faith in standing behind their product. <br /> Until they do, every time I see one, I might read the name they put on it, but my mind will still read and end the name that Roscoe gave them. <br /> Suds we are with you, just feed us a crumb now and then. Hope this works out for you, I really feel you've got the shaft up to now! <br /> I take it, somebody got the List out of the phone lines, at least! GodsBeast

Ralph 123

Captain

Yup - our posts crossed in cyberspace. It's amazing how frustrated this issue has made a lot of people.<br /><br />And you are dead right about reputation.

n0ukf

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ralph, are you saying that someone made Chap aware of this thread?