Brand new boat listing to port!!

Spidybot

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Brand new boat listing to port!!

Hmmm. Worth a thought! Even if the outcome may be the same as the parties could have agreed on from the beginning, "having a right" certainly is far from "getting your right". <br /><br />This is where lawyers come in handy!

93bronco

Ensign

im alittle confussed as to why the sud's are paying the attorney fees?????????????<br />-<br />seems to me that should have been included with a new boat or refund.<br />im sure it can atleast be noted either one without violating something.

cobra 3.0

Lieutenant Commander

What did Chap finally do? Give you a new boat? <br />Just trying to understand of what you mean by "paying the last of the lawyer fees, but it was worth it." How was it worth it? It sounds like you still had personal costs to cough up out of your own pocket. <br /><br />If anyone of us was faced with a similar situation, I still don't know if we could afford what you did.

RC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Did anyone happen to look at Suds profile? Under type of boats we have a 2003 Chap followed by a 2004 Chap! Congrats Suds and have a great boating season in your brand new boat. May it be long and safe.

ob

Admiral

Well I'll be dipped.You should get into detective work DeltaR if you're not already.Enjoy the new boat suds and may it only list when you are hauling up a big one.

Spidybot

Lieutenant Commander

Excellent for you!<br /><br />All taken into consideration this still leaves Chap with an image of really bad customer service.

delsol

Senior Chief Petty Officer

suds topic should be put to rest.<br />main reason i have been following this topic for a long time and i was getting ready to buy a 18ft chap loaded 4cly from a great dealer in my area this was a left over 15.500 new and i read this post and working for toyota for 5 yrs its customer was second to non. and for suds not to give us any feedback after 300 posts is not good as next year when i look at the new chaps what do i have in the back of my mine..???boat tilting to one side, i tell sales man about this his reply did they fix it . i say he is happy now.......what does that mean did he get same boat bigger boat...make payments for 1 year and get same boat da . 12x 200 month = $2400 in payments for a boat that is defective+ $400 yr ins only to get same boat 1 yr later...whats there a gag order, selling dealer might read post..????this is so dump, i hope i never post a topic like this and string you guys along..i did not buy new this year lucked into a 17 ft cobia w / 80 hp to get me threw summer in philly, but next year its a new 4.3 merc w 18 ft bowrider new<br />chap<br />fourwinds<br />caravelle<br />etc..<br />why not buy a chap i really like it till i read this post. only problem is 3.0 new 4 cly. i want v-6 so i didnt buy it

Bayrider

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I agree with you bobby515 .Mrs suds has had her 308 posts worth of fame.Just let it go guys.We,re not going to be told what the outcome was for whatever reason. :rolleyes:

Johnshan1

Total BS on Sud's part for not letting us know what has happened. <br /><br />I feel sorry we actually showed enough compassion to actually write 300 posts regarding this jerk.<br /><br />WHAT A JOKE!!!

delsol

he really got us, i feel like i just been robbed..

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

get over it guys... it's a (prob. resolved) legal<br />issue. if yur lawyer advised u to no longer post<br />here or it effected a court order, u would do the<br />same, right?

quantumleap

Master Chief Petty Officer

What are they gonna do, drive over to her house and take the new boat back for posting on a boating forum?? Give me a break.

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

Does anyone know if this thread is an iboat record?????Not that much of it has to do with the topic anyway.Charlie

RatFish

Chief Petty Officer

Suds got her new boat. Here profile confirms this. Lawyers on both sides were probably involved. I'm sure Suds had to agree (in writing) to some sort of conditions where she would not disclose the details of the settlement or "bad mouth" Chaparral. This is common practice in "out of court" settlements. <br /><br />I don't understand why so many people have bad feelings about the outcome? Suds got her new boat and probably just wanted this whole nightmare to end. If I was in her shoes I probably would have agreed to a "gag order" as one of the conditions of getting a new boat. I would not violate the agreement either. Most corporations have deep pockets compared to the average person. If Suds violates the agreement, she opens herself up to a lawsuit and additional attorney fees. No, I don't think Chaparral would take the new boat back but file a lawsuit, absolutely. It's no skin off their backs. Who needs that kind of headache? Not me and obviously not Suds.

delsol

good point ratfish <br />i am done looking at this topic

quantumleap

Master Chief Petty Officer

Me too - no more looking after this one last time. Well, maybe it wouldn't hurt to check again tonite! and then again tomorrow just to make sure I didn't miss anything!! :D :D :D

Johnshan1

Chances are you wont be missing anything, Sud's doesnt care about anyone, why would she ever post regarding this again? Have fun with the new Chap Suds even though its still a peice of junk!!!

ASI Imperial

Seaman

SOMEONE NEEDS TO CLOSE THIS TOPIC!!! END OF STORY WHATS DONE IS DONE. THE END....THERE IS MORE PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT TRULEY NEED OUR HELP AND WE NEED NOT HAVE TO WASTE OUR TIME HERE!!!LETS MOVE ON!!<br /><br />ASI