Boating the Upper Chesapeake

Billdc

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Boating the Upper Chesapeake

Welcome Eric,
Are there any festivals going on in HDG this weekend? I try to check the Dagger online but can't seem to find local entertainment(Family). Last year we happened upon some type of native indian festival that fun for the kids. I guess it was in the HDG city park by the free docks.

udm328is

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm not too sure about this weekend, I would google the HdG chamber of commerce site, they would have the run down on there, but almost every weekend in town there is some sort of festival or event.

skargo

Banned

Cool, where is your shop? I don't often work day shift anymore except on rare occasion, but I like to tell people about Laurrapin because I think a lot of people walk by since we are not right on the water and they miss out because I think our food is AWESOME! Anyway, where do you usually boat? For me it now that I am down here will be Heart-Miller and when I am up that way the sand island. BTW, I don't know if you guys kayak or not but even if you don't there is a pretty good time to be had at the after party as well. We organize a kayak race on 8/1 that is from the Conowingo Dam to Tidewater Marina, there is a $10 min. donation that benefits the Susquehanna Hose Co. and starting at noon at Tidewater is a big community cookout with three bands, a giant open grill so you can cook your own food, so anyone that is interested just bring your food, byob, and a blanket, and for more detailed info it is on laurrapin.com. Last year was the first one and I had a GREAT time, and it is for a good cause so I want to let as many people know that I can... :eek:)
Eric,
our shop is on rt40 across from Bulle Rock.
http://www.twiceasniceconsignments.com

I try and boat all over the Upper Bay, we usually launch at Lapidum, so generally hand in the North East and Susky and Sand Island areas.

Talk to Arks, he is Mr Kayak!

Damifudo

Petty Officer 1st Class

Another great night on the water last night. We took another couple and headed to Pier 6 and tied up and listened to Earth Wind and Fire. What a nice night to fire up the Grill on the boat cook up some shrimp and chicken and listen to the band. Karen and Jack brought some Huricanes to drink. Such a great night to sit and listen to the Band kick back with friends and some good food.

It would be great to get some of you all to join us in a raft up. Peter Frampton and Yes is comming Thursday night June 24th. Launch at the public ramp off Boston St. You park and Launch for free.

Sunday Fathers day we are heading to Sand Island or the Flats. I want to spend the day in waist deep water with a cold drink in my hand and my kids of course. I will be grilling up either mexican quesadillas and some shrimp on a stick thinking about bringing an ezup to sit under in the water. If your in the area stop by or Hail me on channel 16. under Miss Mimonie. I would love to meet some of you guys as I check here often to read the post.

One day soon I want to go exlore Lake Clarke. I would love someone to show me the area. I dont want to end up on a pile or rocks I didnt know was there.

udm328is

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That is really cool regarding Yes and Peter Frampton and I might be up for that. I especially like the part about the public ramp in Canton, save on gas and wondering aimlessly in unfamiliar waters back to Middle River. If I don't make it for that show I definitely want to catch Several Species when they play there. They are a Pink Floyd cover band and if you like Pink Floyd you'll like them, they are AWESOME!!!

As for Sunday, I think I am going to be at Heart-Miller Island, but that may change, I may go to the sand island instead as I know more people around that way, I'll just trailer it up to the big park and drop in there if I do so I'll keep an eye out for you.

Have a great weekend everyone, be safe, and Happy Father's Day to those it applies :cool:

skargo

Banned

We were going to try and get out today, but plans changed. We'll be out tomorrow anchored in Cara cove, we'll run by Sand Island to say hi though!

skargo

Banned

BTW, and completely off topic, are any of you BGE or PPL electric customers?

Ashley and I are on our way to the marina now! We will be out alllll day tomorrow too!!! Finally a Sunday where rain isn't in the forecast!!!! We will also be at Cara Cove tomorrow, assuming Scott doesn't mind.. and I will probably be out most of Monday, but I would assume everyone else is working. I love boating!!!!

skargo

Banned

skargo i have ppl

Check out my website, we are live in your area. Any questions feel free to ask!
http://www.nomorebge.com/
green electricity at a lower cost than PPL. PPL by law can NOT make a profit off of the generation side, and they want you to switch. No contracts or fees, and if you'd like to pay more you can switch back. PPl handles all billing and service still ;)

Damifudo

Petty Officer 1st Class

We will be on the Flats around 1 PM. I think we might Launch either at the town park or Tidewater or the ramp under the rail road bridge. It depends on crowded it is going to be. Look for us on the water I have a few friends comming too with their boats. It should be a good time. You can miss the red boat.

Happy Fathers day to all the dads out there!

skargo

Banned

We'll be launching at Lapidum, hopefully around 11, which is early for us LOL. You can hail us(Twice as Nice) on 9 or 16.

Arks, I got your message today, sorry we didn't get out, I would have loved to have seen Winter Dream at Cara cove!

Blue Crabber

Ensign

I wish that I could make it down this weekend, but unfortunately, I won't be able too. Sounds like alot of you are going to be out and I would love to meet you all.

We have a jammed pack full day tomorrow. Thankfully part of that is getting my father in law out on the boat for a little while at least. They can't make it out until 6:30 or so, so we are just going to hang at Lake Clarke this weekend!

Have fun out there everyone and be safe!

udm328is

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Anyone planning on being on Hear-Miller Island tomorrow? (Sunday)

skargo

Banned

I haven't been to Hart-Miller in many years, one weekend soon we'll get back down there!

arks

Lieutenant Commander

Arks, I got your message today, sorry we didn't get out, I would have loved to have seen Winter Dream at Cara cove!

It was a nice day. I hadn't been to Cara Cove since 2003!
Of course, I went the long way around from HdG and idled in just past the second point on the south side to set anchor in 4' depth. I was right in front of those 2 huge brick homes that appear to be on the same manicured lot. After awhile I jumped in with my inflatable PFD just to check it (see my other post), then cleaned the waterline stain on "Winter Dream".
SuperNova and family stopped by for awhile but it was a little too rough to stay safely rafted, so they went over to the sandbar at the southern mouth so the kids could swim.
Good to see you again Stan! The 'new' V20 is sweet!

skargo

Banned

Beautiful day today!

Damifudo,
did you head into Tidewater around 11:20 am?

udm328is

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just in from a great day at Hart-Miller Island with my favorite people. Made some new friends on the Kosak Skiz, and overall had a great day, hope the rest of you did as well...

Damifudo

Petty Officer 1st Class

Beautiful day today!

Damifudo,
did you head into Tidewater around 11:20 am?

Yes we launched from Tidewater as a group and then headed to the Flats. We took a tube run over to Cara Cove but it was rough over there and calm on the Flats so we went back over to Carpenters point and then back to sand island. We had a great day. A friend brought his Kite Board and we played with that for a while on the Flats. It was a perfect fathers day. Good food great drinks and boats that all ran great.

Skargo was that you swimming in Cara cover when we went by around 430 pm?

skargo

Banned

Yes we launched from Tidewater as a group and then headed to the Flats. We took a tube run over to Cara Cove but it was rough over there and calm on the Flats so we went back over to Carpenters point and then back to sand island. We had a great day. A friend brought his Kite Board and we played with that for a while on the Flats. It was a perfect fathers day. Good food great drinks and boats that all ran great.

Skargo was that you swimming in Cara cover when we went by around 430 pm?

I was smooth at Cara all day until we left, then the wind picked up and it was a little choppy.
We left around 4pm so it was probably someone else.

Hopefully we catch up soon!