Boat Names

trevtt600

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: What's your boat's name??

Our is "OttoPilot". Our last name is Otto and I'm a airline pilot by trade. I'm sure many people who don't know us are very confused by the name, but it's perfect for us.

Oshkosh1

Ensign

Our is "OttoPilot". Our last name is Otto and I'm a airline pilot by trade. I'm sure many people who don't know us are very confused by the name, but it's perfect for us.
Not to mention the fact that in the spectacular movie "Airplane", the inflatable "Captain" who took the left seat for the now ill, bad-fish eating Peter Graves was aptly named "Otto"(pilot)! I bet the FMS is a PITA with those fat inflatable fingers!

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

So, what's your boat's name and why??

(Forgive me if this has already been posted. I searched for a thread like this but none came up, surprisingly.)

The old Boston Whaler that my dada bought new in 1964 is called "The Whaler."

Then there's a Key West that was the family boat that I have for island transport; it's called "The Key West". however since some of the lettering has been scraped off my friends call it Kanye West

My newer boat is a Sea Hunt so we all call it "The Sea Hunt."

The good things about my naming method are no arguments, no puns to get, no risk of offending anyone* and no need to buy and install letters (crooked).

*A popular name is "wet dream." Since you can't change a boat name, think about it--you call it this in your younger wilder days, and then you have to explain it to your 12 year old daughter.

tr4a

Cadet

Awesome. I'm a high-altitude heavy equipment operator as well. We named our boat "Open Time" as I paid for it by flying open time trips.

Abomb27

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Came across this thread and wanted to share. My cousins super boat is named "Wasted Seaman" cause he likes to hang out on the boat and drink beers.

hotshott

Cadet
Re: Boat Names

1998 Tracker is named "The Bass-Turd Son" I did not marry his mom until he was almost 11 y.o. My son, Now 28 uses that boat almost every weekend.
2008 Bayliner 185BR. "Mom Said No". When I was in my pre-teen years my father bought a small fishing boat. My brother and I would play on it in the driveway, And Mom ALWAYS said No.

araxton

Recruit

Named my old 30' Trojan the "Rat's As*" because after doing nothing but working on her, after a while I just didn't give a Rat's ......!

Named our 1986 Kingfisher the "She ain't Purty" and man it's accurate. The gel coat is cracked and oxidized. No amount of TLC is going to help this barge.

steelyonfly

Seaman Apprentice

Been thinking of ''Out Of My Element'', as I tow my boat with my Honda Element. Another one might be ''TheWholeShibang''.

DXN

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My boat is that ugly metallic flake brown. I looked like crap when I got it so I wet sanded polished and waxed it up to a shine. thinking something like "POLISHED TURD"

Abomb27

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My brother named his 31' Rinker "Unsinkable the 2nd".

belairbrian

Petty Officer 1st Class

Pontoon Used for SCUBA was named 'Bottom Time". Friends 43 foot cruiser was "Work Release" complete with ball and chain under the name.

mudslinging79

Petty Officer 1st Class

Named my dinghy indecent sea, thinking of indecent seas for my other dinghy...

jchast

Cadet

My boat came with the name " Molly Hatchet "

Story behind it is: My buddy, who owned it, used to take his girlfriend out on the boat while his wife was at home... When she found out, he had to stop her from taking a hatchet to the boat..... so he came up with that clever name to add insult to injury..... I'm gonna keep the name. lol.

photo.jpg

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

The old Boston Whaler that my dada bought new in 1964 is called "The Whaler."

Then there's a Key West that was the family boat that I have for island transport; it's called "The Key West". however since some of the lettering has been scraped off my friends call it Kanye West

My newer boat is a Sea Hunt so we all call it "The Sea Hunt."

The good things about my naming method are no arguments, no puns to get, no risk of offending anyone* and no need to buy and install letters (crooked).

*A popular name is "wet dream." Since you can't change a boat name, think about it--you call it this in your younger wilder days, and then you have to explain it to your 12 year old daughter.

You can actually de-name and then re-name a boat.
http://www.bluewatersailing.com/documents/renamingceremony.pdf