Boat Names

MontanaAardvark

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Boat Names

I nearly bought a square-stern canoe with a 4hp Tohatsu. If I had gotten it, I would have named it either Swamp Scooter or Millennium Flounder.

I think Millennium Flounder is a fantastic name - wish I'd thought of it!. Not just for a little canoe, but anything.

Will-Sandy

Seaman Apprentice

Looking for a name for our boat one suggestion was "Willie's Wet Dream" it is a 2006 Sea Ray 185 Sport, don't think Sandy is to impressed

IowaCraig

Cadet

My Dad always had boats when I was growing up, so I finally decieded to buy one of my own. I bought a 1989 Sea Ray 160 that I am absolutly in love with and I am a Milkman by trade. (yes we still deliver milk, just not to homes anymore) So, I called her "Milk Money!"

Will-Sandy

Seaman Apprentice

Good idea IowaCraig, since I was a Network Administrator before I retired maybe "Network Challenged" or "Technically Sound" or "Hard Disk Error"

mikerpsr

Recruit

I have a Donzi LXC275 and named it after wife and kids, it is the "Kimikel Dependence" for Kim Mike and Kelsey

Lone Duck

Master Chief Petty Officer

Recieved a 24' Sea Ray Weekender project in a deal. The wife liked it until she walked around the back and saw it was named "wet spot" so it will need a new name. She likes "shut up and bail" I am torn between "trailer cover" "fish feeder" Suppose I need to get the restore done bofore I worry about a name, besides I am sure I will come up with a few choice names for it while restoring.

How about portapotty

Dinahmoehumm

Cadet

Our 2008 Monterey 220EX is named "Gyspy Tailwind" from a line in the song "Acadian Driftwood" by The Band. My wife and I have led a nomadic existence over the years, hence the "Gyspy" part, and we've always seemed to (somehow) keep the wind at our back, so there's the "Tailwind" part. Plus, we love The Band and that whole genre of music, so it just fit.

IMGP2794 - Copy.JPG

Dawg'sLife93

Petty Officer 1st Class

Local guy stopped drinking. He saved all the money,that he would have bought beer with for 2 years. He bought a 18' bowrider and named her Beer Money. LOL

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Saw Nauti Pine on the side of an old panel truck the other day. Of course the light bulb went on, how 'bout "Nauti Buoy"? :)

vetting

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My dog that I take salmon trolling with me loves to lick fish after I throw them on deck. He will basically lick their sides and gills until they stop flop'n around. Mind you, the salmon often weight more than the 12lb dog. So I thought the perfect name would be "Fish Licker". However, that one got the vetoed by the gf and pretty much every other female :) So going to go with Lickety Fish instead.

SouthernSaltine

Recruit
Boat Names: SoggySaltine

Boat Names: SoggySaltine

Okay, so I have officially decided on a name for my 81 Ebbtide. Seeing as I have always had the Nickname SouthernSaltine, it is only fitting to name it -- SoggySaltine -- After all, you put a Cracker in the water it becomes Soggy...Figured this is better than "YourMom" like I had originally planned on naming her.
What do you guys think of SoggySaltine and the Name?
image.jpg
image.jpg

jyankeefan1

Recruit

Just got a 2008 Tahoe Q6 Ski/Fish... Wife wanted a boat with a bathroom.. I wanted a good combo ski/fish boat, I guess I won...

Boat name...

REEL SEL-FISH

Dam2009

Seaman

The other day, I got really tanned while on the boat. I went to work the following day where my buddies said to me: "wow, you look like you're from Hollywood". And the boat was born.

Dave0549jv

Seaman Apprentice
What's your boat's name??

What's your boat's name??

After a few deals went south, i've finally cut a check for my first boat. She's a Cruisers Rogue 2870, and hopefully in the next week or so, she'll be my favorite new monthly payment. At this point, she doesnt have a name. Since it's bad luck to sail a vessel that has no name, i'll need to come up with one. I want something that's not too cheesy, and easy to say and understand over the radio. My thoughts have gone everywhere from 'Wayfarer' to 'Sea Hag.'

So, what's your boat's name and why??

(Forgive me if this has already been posted. I searched for a thread like this but none came up, surprisingly.)

Dawg'sLife93

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: What's your boat's name??

Re: What's your boat's name??

I named mine Dawg's Life, cause she is white,black and red and I really like UGA.
muy1qw.jpg