Boat Names

Doryboy

Cadet
Re: Boat Names

After many years as a mechanic, in the Army, I have 2 choices.

As a mechanic---"Service Call" then my wife can honestly say I'm not available because I'm out on a sevice call.

I think I may go with "Reconnaissance", because as one of my old Sergeant Majors used to say "Time spent on reconnaissance is seldom wasted"

DXN

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have a friend named willy looking for a boat now. I convinced him to name it "Wet Willy" lol

ChristianMariner

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have an Intex Mariner 4, inflatable raft. Named her "S.S. Pool Toy".
I wonder how many times that's been done?
Also, I don't know what S.S. means.

DXN

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It stands for Steam Ship. So many miss labeled boats out there lol

jwolfe2323

Cadet

I am restoring a 1960 PowerCat 18C, when it is finished my son wants to name it Cat-illac.

Dave0549jv

Seaman Apprentice

After having spent my first 3 months as a boat owner frustrated, in a cloud of steam, smoke and foul language, I'm considering naming my boat "Filthy Rotten *****." Something along those lines.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral

Thought of painting a little red and white bobber on my fishing boat and calling it "Bobber Ann"

SnapperMassacre

Seaman Apprentice

There was a 40' chinese junk down at the marina for awhile..".MYASIS DRAGON". I'm in the process of planning and building a pacific power dory for myself....gonna be named the "SNAPPERMASSACRE" because our red snapper offshore trips are just that. Plus those tasty grouper, amberjacks, triggers and flounder!!

p.s. I love how wikipedia defines massacre..."A massacre is an incident where some group is killed by another, and the perpetrating party are perceived to be in total control of force while the victimized party is perceived to be helpless and/or innocent with regard to any legitimate offense. There is no clear-cut definition for when killings are referred to as massacres or not, rather, this choice is a result of an individual or collective assessment" Wouldnt you agree that fishing is just this...if you take those fish home and eat them?

Last edited:

Chris_94_Sprint_TX

Petty Officer 1st Class

My wife named mine "The Mistress" since I'm always working on it. Makes it fun for me when an old friend asks how things are going. I usually reply, "Going good, I got a wife and the mistress". Then when I get a crazy look I say, "Hey the wife like riding The Mistress as much as I do". Then if I get a good look I reveal The Mistress is a boat.

Chris

licketdsplit756

Petty Officer 1st Class

my grandaughter has to prove to me she can learn to swim..i named the boat for her because she sinks right to the bottom. i told her i will change the boat name after she has began to swim and not sink so for now the boats name is TURTLETURD

Expidia

Commander

I snapped this pic today while this boat was pulling into the dock on Lake George, NY.
Anyone guess what the "former" owner of this boats occupation is???

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

If you said "Judge" you'd be correct! Can you imagine coming up in front of this Judge's bench and looking up at the picture of his boat sitting next to his gavel . . . :)

Last edited:

jjacobs007

Lieutenant

Since fishing on lake mead nevada is so tough, i always wanted to name my boat (knotabite).

Last edited:

jblakew1982

Recruit

I need some Help. Apparently nobody in the family is very creative, we have had this boat for 10 months and can not come up with a name. Here is some background, owned by 2 chiropractors, we have twins 10 year old boy/girl. I am starting to believe this stuff about bad luck on an unnamed boat. The list of sh** I've been through this summer while having fun on this thing is beyond what I can write off as a first time boat owner. Thanks for any suggestions, I've seen some pretty creative reponses here so please help me out.

This is really old and I am sure you have settled on a name, but thought of it as I was reading the boat names. How about

"Back" in action X 2

"Back" = DC
"in action" = Boat up in running
"X 2" = @ DCs and the twins

icyveins

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I started my boat build about two months ago, I picked up a 28 ft harris floteboat. she is going to be named

"Tooned In"

bajaunderground

Lieutenant

Mine will be christened OBSESSIVE PROPULSION DISORDER It fits my style of how I do things..it's a play on OCD...look squirrel

AChotrod

Petty Officer 1st Class

One of my boats had some leaky rivets so my friends kept calling the "Wet Spot". I havent officially named either of them yet.

bigdirty

Senior Chief Petty Officer

There is a boat at my marina, a Trojan f36, named "ribbed for her pleasure' :laugh:

and also, thought i had settled on my boats new name "the Big dirty", hence my nick here... but recently came up with another, possibly better one.. (given the fact that I like my beer, and I'm single..) "Wasted Seaman"

Last edited: