Best music artist ever?

Solittle

Fleet Admiral
Re: Best music artist ever?

The best music artist ever was Ella Fitzgerald.<br /><br />Saved the best for last. You can now close this thread.

Pony

Rear Admiral

I agree with those who have said pop sucks.....everything is mass produced now. <br /><br />Some of the older albums I have are great.....For example all of my Tom Petty or Bowie albums I can play straight through, because every song is great. Now it seems a CD will have the one ok single that you heard on the radio and the rest are pure crap.

Fishin' Jeff

Chief Petty Officer

Best Rock Guitar: Joe Satriani<br />Best D*%n Guitar: Jerry Garcia<br />Best Keyboards: Bruce Hornseby<br />Best jam: 3-way tie - Grateful Dead, Allman Bro's, and Blues Traveller<br />Best Showmanship: Tie - Bob Dillon, Paul Stanley<br />Best Heavy Metal: Metallica<br />Best Alternative: Violent Femmes<br />Best Country: anything before mid 70's

I'll go for a bump "hear" I want this close to the top when I post my new name.<br />Obligitory choice: Homer and Jethro.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

ELIVISTEXT.jpg
Am I the only one? :D Undoubtedly one amongst too many to list but definitely should be on the list.

orca

Chief Petty Officer

Greatest songwriter, Dob Dylan, I went to one of his concerts once, didnt understand a word he sang he wrote great songs though.<br />Santana, They have stood the test of time.<br />The Beatles of course, Dont care much for Ringo though.<br />Masters Appretices, great Aussie band that made it.<br />Donovan<br />Cat Stevens. Great songs, strange guy.<br />Pink Floyd.<br />I could go on for hours.<br />Saw Hendrix live at the isle of Wight<br />The Who also played at the isle of wight.

Pony

Rear Admiral

Techno, do you mean Jethro Tull, as in Locomotive breath........If so I am with you 100%