Best music artist ever?

magster65

Commander
Re: Best music artist ever?

My middle name is classic-rock.<br /><br />Led Zeppelin will always be my favorite.

alumistar

Petty Officer 2nd Class

best male artist:garth brooks(outstanding stage performance)<br />best female artist:janis joplin<br />best metal group:dream theater<br />best country:blackhawk<br />best rock:alice in chains<br />best pop:nobody, they all suck<br />best r&b:bone thug 'n harmony<br />best rap:public enemy<br />best drum 'n bass:beat dominator<br />best solo artist: that's a tough one, i'd say it is two people, joe satriani and steve vai<br />best new age:enigma and enya<br />best industrial: godflesh<br />best new age metal:killswitch engage and chimaira<br />best music overall: ANY LOCAL BAND<br /><br /><br />p.s.-PLEASE SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

PInk Floyd.......Allman Bros. & I always had a thing for Chrissy Hynde....JK

LadyFish

Admiral

Def on the Allman Brothers! I also liked the Doors.

Ron G

Commander

LF,steve ray was an awsome artist!!Sorta local peter moon band there awsome.

QC

Supreme Mariner

This one is waaay too tough for me, but I will list a couple of favorites:<br /><br />Top of the list . . . Ambrosia (Genesis close 2nd)<br />Current Favorite . . . Kevin Gilbert<br />Favorite rock guitarist . . . Eddie VanHalen<br />Southern Rock . . . Allman Bros<br />Jazz Fusion . . . Brand X (Return to Forever close second)<br />Favorite Bassist . . . Jaco Pastorius<br />Favorite singer . . . David Pack<br /><br />Ya know the one thing that REALLY bugs me about these lists is the Beatles never get mentioned and frankly they should be at the top of my list and many others. Most of these guys have them to thank for their successes. BTW, if you have a chance to see McCartney, go!!!! You will not be sorry. Broke maybe, but not sorry ;)

Andrew Leigh

Chief Petty Officer

I'll bite<br /><br />*Progressive rock - Pink Floyd (all time favourite), The Strawbs, Kansas, Supertramp, ELP, Jethro Tull<br />*Popular rock - Journey, Bon Jovi, Van Halen<br />*Early punk - The Police<br />*Folk - Shawn Phillips, Donovan, Simon & Garfunkel<br />*Live performances - The Who, Live at Leeds; Grand Funk Railroad, "Live Album"; Peter Frampton, Framton comes Live; Made in Japan, Deep Purple<br />*Instrumental rock - Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Steve Morse<br />*Bluesy rock- Rory Gallagher, Gary Moore<br />*Moody stuff - Bread, Acoustic Alchemy, Sarah McLachlan<br />*Christian - DeGarmo and Key Band, Carman<br />*Metal - Judas Priest, Metallica<br />*Other - Lee Clayton<br />*Country'ish - The Eagles, Neil Young<br />*Male vocal - Michael Matijevic (Steelheart), Ian Gillan (Deep Purple), Steve Perry (Journey), John Bon Jovi (Bon Jovi), Paul Rodgers (Bad Company)<br />*Bassist - John Entwistle (The who)<br />*Mood guitarist - Dave Gilmour (Pink Floyd)<br />*Flash guitarist - Steve Vai<br />*Drummer - Keith Moon (The Who)<br />*Keyboards - Keith Emerson, Rick Wakeman, Jon Lord<br /><br /><br />Cheers<br />Andrew

Braxton

Chief Petty Officer

see all the ones everyone as said so far i love to listen to. it would have taken a month to write it all down. ho btw i love my own band also LOL.....

f_inscreenname

Commander

Anyone who can do there music live and still sound like themselves without a computer has my respect. Alison Krauss and Union Station would be one at the top of the list even though my music tastes range from Marvin Gay to Rage Against the Machine.

Dunaruna

Admiral

Queen (Freddy rocks!).<br /><br />And for just plain old feel good music, Dean martin & Neil Diamond.<br /><br />There, I said it - I'm outed!!<br /><br />(I second the motion to check out the 'Buena Vista Social Club').<br /><br />Aldo

LadyFish

Admiral

Okay Aldo, since you came out, I'll admit it, as far as older music, I love Frank Sinatra.

87Aggie

Petty Officer 1st Class

Stevie Ray Vaughn, Fleetwood Mac, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Johnny Lang, Santana, James Taylor, Merle Haggard, Alan Jackson.

treedancer

Commander

Best rock group Eagles<br />Best old time rocker Chuck Berry.<br />Best R and B You will have to look for this but check out Big Joe Turner ( Corrine Corrine)<br />Country has to be Willie Nelson.

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

SoulWinner "Close your eyes forever" that's Lita Ford with Ozzy. My favorites Best of all time the early Who "The Who Sellout" Best Live show Alvin Lee from Ten Years After there never is or will be someone that plays like that. Last week I took the wife to go see Sarah Brightman in Wochester Mass I NEVER ever heard someone sing like that I'm not a big fan of that type of music but the next day I bought 3 of her cd's Stunning voice and show...