Best music artist ever?

joblo33

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Best music artist ever?

Led Zeppelin<br />Iron Maiden<br />Guns N' Roses<br />Mötley Crüe<br />Pink Floyd<br />Tom Petty<br />AC/DC

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Pink Floyd, Innovative and creative, and one of the smoothest guitar players ever. Not fast, or great but just so smooth.<br /><br />Joe Satriani is the best guitar player I have ever heard. Kenny Wayne is remarkable as well.<br /><br />Neil diamond, Queen, Boston, all incredible soundsmiths.<br /><br />Setting the mood, Buffett. <br /><br />Tough to pick just one. Each one in at given time.

Skinnywater

Commander

John Lennon<br />Merle Haggard<br />Robert Plant<br />The Eagles....I could go on for days.

phatmanmike

Captain

Originally posted by Skinnywater:<br /> John Lennon<br />Merle Haggard<br />Robert Plant<br />The Eagles....I could go on for days.
as lebowski, a.k.a the Dude once said.... " i FU*#!NG hate the eagles"

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

The question was artist/group, not a list of everyone you like.<br />Yet I am stuck between the Eagles, Joe Walsh, and YES.<br />Since I can't choose just one, I will just pass.<br /><br />Stan, used to love Kate's voice, but grew tired of it, and spent a few nights jammin to Marillion too.

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by roscoe:<br /> The question was artist/group, not a list of everyone you like.<br />Yet I am stuck between the Eagles, Joe Walsh, and YES.<br />Since I can't choose just one, I will just pass.<br /><br />Stan, used to love Kate's voice, but grew tired of it, and spent a few nights jammin to Marillion too.
Hey Roscoe, I'm impressed! And here's a heads up: Kate Bush has just released a new album and it's pretty dang good too :cool: <br /><br />Of course it should be, it took her TWELVE YEARS to make it :rolleyes: <br /><br />marillion :cool: <br /><br />You guys and girls really should try a little Runrig: do a google for them or try Amazon and listen to a snippet. Trust me, you'll want to give me all your money afterwards ;)

Pony

Rear Admiral

I can't stand the Eagles or CCR

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

Johnny Cash is such a legend. Although I don't listen to him the most, he's my favorite, and has my respect.<br /><br />I'm no gangsta or rapper wanna be, but I just love Cypress Hill. Always have. The lyrics are illicit, but they are genius. Lyrical content is just fiction-anyone who takes it seriously needs their head examined.

Ron G

Commander

Insane in the membrane :D they got a cool sound too.

bosavy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

led zepplin eric clapton allman brothers

QC

Supreme Mariner

Still no Beatles . . . hmmmm. Change mine to the Beatles. It's just not right!!!!

arboatdr

Petty Officer 2nd Class

best rock: Pink Floyd<br />best country: Conway T.<br />best gutiar: Chet Atkins or Eric Clapton or Roy Clark( hard to pick)<br />best female vocalist: Pat Benetar<br />best song writer: Lennon/McCartney<br />best metal: Iron Maiden<br />best 80's hair: Bonjovi

Pony

Rear Admiral

Iron Maiden??? I gotta go with Metallica

88seville

Cadet

Grateful Dead<br /><br />any band Jerry ever played in (with).<br /><br />Greatest stringed instrument player of all time.

NOSLEEP

Commander

Not my favorite musician. But in a quest for the<br />best, I would have to list Carlos Santana at or near the top.

blade_x

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Trent Reznor and Nine Inch Nails!!! <br /><br />THE best ever!!!